Days of Future Past Your Top 20 Quotes from the X-Men Movies

Reaction score
1. Hank don't, you're beautiful Hank everything you are, you are perfect. Look at all of us look at what we achieved this week, all we will achieve, we are different but we shouldn't be trying to fit into society. Society should aspire to be more like us. Mutant and proud. - Mystique (First Class)

2. We live in an age of darkness, a world full of fear, hate and intolerance. But in every age there are those who fight against it. Charles Xavier was born in a world divided, a world he tried to heal, a mission he never saw accomplished. It seems the destiny of great man to see their goals unfulfilled. Charles was more than a leader, more than a teacher, he was a friend. When we were afraid he gave us strength and when we were alone, he gave us a family. He maybe gone but his teachings lived in through us - his students. Wherever we may go, we must carry on his vision and that's a vision of a world united. - Storm (X-Men 3)

3. I can't feel my legs, I can't feel my legs... I can't feel my legs. - Professor X (First Class)

4. Mutant and proud... mutant and proud?!... if only. - Mystique (First Class)

5. I wanna be able to touch people Logan, a hug, a handshake, a kiss. - Rogue (X-Men 3)

6. You want society to accept you but you can't even accept yourself. - Magneto (First Class)

7. Go **** yourself. - Wolverine (First Class)

8. I always believed I can't be the only one in the world. The only person who was... different and here who you are. - Professor X (First Class)

9. You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about on the news, I'm the worst one. - Pyro (X-Men 2)

10. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut *****! - Juggernaut (X-Men 3)

11. I'm the best there is at what I do but what I do best isn't very nice. - Wolverine (Wolverine)

12. Yeah we're outnumbered, I'm not gonna lie. But we lost Scott, we lost the professor, we don't fight now everything they stood for will die with them. I'm not gonna let that happen, are you? Then we stand together, X-Men, all of us. - Wolverine (X-Men 3)

13. But you're the trickster, aren't you? I'm just the fool who got played. The worst part of it is I should have known but I ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am but that won't ever happen again. - Wolverine (Wolverine)

14. Please, I didn't trick you into loving me. It was real for me too. - Silver Fox (Wolverine)

15. Do you know what happens to a toad when its struck by lighting. The same thing that happens to everyone else. - Storm (X-Men 1)

16. Sometimes, when you cage the beast, the beast gets angry. - Wolverine (X-Men 3)

17. Excellent question, but I wouldn't call it a war exactly. That suggests both sides stand against equal chances of winning. Emma Frost - (First Class)

18. The war is still coming Charles and I intend to find it by any means necessary. - Magneto (X-Men 1)

19. You are just a failed experiment, if you really knew about your past, what kind of person you were, the work we did together. People don't change you're an animal then you're an animal now I just gave you claws. - William Stryker (X-Men 2)

20. Mutation, it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve into the dominant species on the planet. This process normally takes thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millenia, evolution leaps forward. - Professor X (X-Men 1), Jean Grey (X-Men 2)

1 - Are you a God fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher, a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind. The Brotherhood of Mutants. Oh, it’s not so surprising really. Mankind has always feared what it doesn't understand. Well, don’t fear God, Senator, and certainly don’t fear me. Not any more. (Magneto - "X-Men"). ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE MONOLOGUES.

2 - Mutants. Since the discovery of their existence they have been regarded with fear, suspicion, often hatred. Across the planet, debate rages. Are mutants the next link in the evolutionary chain or simply a new species of humanity fighting for their share of the world? Either way it is a historical fact: Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute. (Professor X - "X2")

3 - Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It is how we have evolved from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward. (Professor X - "X-Men").

4 - Mr. Stryker. Funny we keep running in to each other. Mark my words; it will never happen again. (Magneto - "X2").

5 - Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night? The feeling that someday they will pass that foolish law, or one just like it, and come for you and your children? (Magneto - "X-Men").

6 - Toad has a wicked tongue Senator, just like you. (Magneto - "X-Men").

7 - You lost your money. You keep this up, you'll lose something else. (Wolverine - "X-Men").

8 - And what now, save the girl? You'll have to kill me Charles, and what would that accomplish? Let them pass that law and they'll have you in chains with a number burned into your forehead! (Magneto - "X-Men").

9 - What do they call you, Wheels? (Wolverine - "X-Men").

10 - You Homo-Sapiens and your guns. (Magneto - "X-Men").

11 - Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer? (Professor X - "X-Men").

12 - Mr. Laurio, never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you. (Magneto - "X2").

13 - We were thinking, we’ll show you ours and you’ll show us yours. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

14 - They had no names, they were taken from them by pig farmers and tailors… (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

15 - I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again! (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

16 - I was thinking that you are the most exquisite thing I've ever seen in my life. And that this needs ice. (Sebastian Shaw - "X-Men: First Class").

17 - You know People like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child. (Mystique - "X-Men").

18 - Ladies and gentlemen, the truth is that mutants are very real, and that they are among us. We must know who they are, and above all, what they can do! (Senator Kelly - "X-Men").

19 - The Neanderthal is running scared my fellow mutants. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

20 - She won't be shifting into diamond form again. And if she does, just give her a gentle tap. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class).

21 - Erik, I believe (Emma Frost - "X-Men: First Class") (I love the way she says it).

And here's a nice little exchange:

Professor X: You don’t Like him?
Cyclops: How could you tell?
Professor X: Well, I am psychic you know?
(X-cellent writing FTW!)

Last edited:
I got one-

"You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different."

"You're so full of ****, if you were really so righteous, it'd be you in that thing." Wolverine to Magneto (X-men) favorite line in the series, especially since Magneto has nothing to say after it.

"Wow, somebodies angry" Storm (X2)

"My name is Kurt Wagner, but in the munich circus I was known as the incredible Nightcrawler." Any of Nightcrawlers lines in X2, Mainly when he talks about his name origin and his time in the munich circus. That and they managed to make his faith based lines to Storm not cringeworthy. He was such an earnest character and it worked so well.

"You were an animal then and you're an animal now, I just gave you claws." Striker (X2)

"Wunderbar" and "ausgezeichnet" Shaw (First class). Instantly showed he was sadistic.

All I can think of right now.

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed this exchange:

Professor X: Logan, my tolerance of your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here and you’ll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you’re a 6 year old girl.
Wolverine: You’d do that?
Professor X: I’ll have Jean braid your hair.

Wait, how do we have a top 20 quotes thread, and nobody has posted

"I'm looking for hope"
"I will bring you hope, old friend. And I ask only one thing in return. Stay out of my way"

I don't know if I can think of 20 off the top of my head, but what I can:

*"I'm looking for hope"
"I will bring you hope, old friend. And I ask only one thing in return. Stay out of my way"

Xavier / Magneto (X-Men)

*"Are you Remy LeBeau?"
"Do I owe you money?"
"No."
"Then Remy LeBeau I am."

Wolverine / Gambit (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)

*"I can make all this go away. You can live knowing the woman you loved didn't care about you. Or, we erase your memory of all of it. All the horrible things in your life. Your father. The wars. Kayla. You get to start over again, clean. You wanted to be done with this life forever. This is the way."

William Stryker (X-Men Origins: Wolverine - alternate mind erase sequence)
(on another note, had this scene remained in the film, it would have fixed 99% of my problems with the movie)

There's tons more that I have, but those are the big ones for now.

Favorite line from any of the 'X-Men' films comes from the very first film.

Wolverine (to Prof. Xavier): What do they call you? "Wheels"?

Laughed so hard when I first heard it and I still chuckle at it to this very day. :woot:

I always liked this one:

Magneto: Still putting up a good fight Charles? It doesn't look like they are playing by your rules....let's play by theirs.

Now I have another favorite:

Magneto: I'm going to count to three and move this coin...

Charles Xavier: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor fool who comes to that school... looking for trouble.

Mystique: People like you were the reason i was afraid to go to school as a child

Magneto: I'm sorry, my dear. You're not one of us anymore.

Magneto: I will bring you hope, old friend, and I ask only one thing in return - don't get in my way.

Charles Xavier: Mankind is not evil, just... uninformed.

Magneto: You "homo sapiens" and your guns!

Magneto: I first saw her in 1949. America was going to be the land of tolerance. Peace.
Rogue: Are you going to kill me?
Magneto: Yes.
Rogue: Why?
Magneto: Because there is no land of tolerance. There is no peace. Not here, or anywhere else.

Nightcrawler: Then why not stay in disguise all the time? You know, look like everyone else.
Mystique: Because we shouldn't have to.

Wolverine: Got any beer?
Bobby: This is a school.
Wolverine: So that's a "no"?
Bobby: Yeah, that's a "no."
Wolverine: Got anything other than chocolate milk?

William Stryker: Well, my wife, in the end... she took a power drill to her left temple in an attempt to bore the images out. My boy, the great illusionist.

Pyro: So, they say you're the bad guy.
Magneto: Is that what they say?

Pyro: You know all those dangerous mutants you hear about in the news? I'm the worst one.

Jean Grey: Girls flirt with the dangerous guy, they don't bring him home; they marry the good guy.

Wolverine: You picked the wrong house, bub.

Magneto: Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to die for our dream to live.

Erik Lehnsherr: I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Charles Xavier: Listen to me very carefully, my friend: killing Shaw will not bring you peace.
Erik Lehnsherr: Peace was never an option.

Moira MacTaggert: I'm going to use an asset the CIA didn't issue me.

Sebastian Shaw: Protecting your fellow mutants? That's a noble gesture. Feels good. Adapt to this.

Yashida: Eternity can be a curse... a man can run out of things to live for.

Yukio: When I was five, I knew how my own parents would die... and I watched it happen from the back seat...

Logan: Really? You're gonna try and talk tough standing there in your red underwear?... You have ten words... TEN words... to explain to me why YOU, the Minister of Justice, would want your fiancée killed by the Yakuza. And if I don't like what you say, you're goin' through that window!
Noburo: You haven't the faintest idea of what is going...
[Logan punches Noburo]
Logan: How many words was that?
Yukio: Nine.
Logan: Nine... You have one word left

Shingen Yashida: What kind of monster are you?
Logan: The Wolverine!

Last edited:
Wow...yes to all the above, I can't do any better than what's been posted already. What a great reminder of some of the great writing in these films...:hrt:

Wolverine: Origins had the best one-liners and quotes

William Stryker: You were sentenced for decapitating a senior officer. The warden tells me that your sentence was carried out by a firing squad at 1000 hours. How'd that go?
Logan: It tickled.

Wade Wilson: Great. Stuck in an elevator with five guys on a high-protein diet.

Wade Wilson: All I ever wanted was to travel off in exotic places and meet new exciting people and then kill them, so I became a mercenary. My name is Wade Wilson. And I love what I do.

Wade Wilson: I love this weapon more than any other thing in the whole wide world, and you wanna know why?
Victor Creed: No.
Wade Wilson: It's memorable. Sure it's a little bulky, tough to get on a plane. You whip out a
couple of swords at your ex-girlfriend's wedding,
they will never, ever forget it.
Victor Creed: That's funny Wade, but I've think you've mistaken me with someone who gives a ****

Kayla Silverfox: Why the moon is so lonely? Logan: Why? Kayla Silverfox: Because she used to have a lover.
Logan: You tell this to the kids?
Kayla Silverfox: No.His name was Kuekuatsu and they lived in the spirit world together.
Logan: Oh, this is a true story.
Kayla Silverfox: Mm-hm. And every night, they would wander the skies together. But, one of the
other spirits was jealous. Trickster wanted the Moon for himself. So he told Kuekuatsu that the Moon had asked for flowers; he told him to come to our world and pick her some wild roses. But Kuekuatsu didn't know that once you leave the spirit world, you can never go back. And every night, he looks up in the sky and sees the Moon and howls her name. But...
he can never touch her again.
Logan: Wow. Koo-koo-ka-choo got screwed.

Logan: [upon seeing the obese Fred] Fred Dukes? That looks like the creature that ate Fred Dukes.

Logan: Wade, is that you? [sees Weapon XI's his mouth has been completely
sealed off]
Logan: Guess Stryker finally figured out how to shut you up, huh?

Dr. Carol Frost: [to Logan] When it starts, whatever the reason is that you're doing this, focus on that. Maybe it will help.
Logan: Trust me, I've been through worse.
Dr. Carol Frost: No you haven't

"Go **** Yourself". Line got the biggest response of anything I've ever seen in an X-Men movie.

"Peace Was Never an Option"

"I can do this all day you twisted mutant *****"

"If you're in there, I'd like you to know that I agree with every word you said. We are the future. But, unfortunately, you killed my mother. This is what we're gonna do."
"You are a god among insects. Never let anyone tell you different."
...and this.

Pretty much any thing from Prof X and Magneto is gold imo.

Last edited:
Magneto has some of the best lines in CBMs imo.

One i forgot was "I love what you'd done with your hair" to Rogue :funny:

Top 20 is too much! Let's all try to have a consensus for a Top 5 first!

The quote from Xavier from the beginning of X-men, which Jean repeats at the end of X2 is definitely number 1 for me.

"I'm looking for hope" line that Nell mentioned.

I'm too tired to think of the rest :p

This conversation has been one of my favorites:

XAVIER: Erik. What are you doing here?

ERIK: Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?

XAVIER: Don't give up on them, Erik.

ERIK: What would you have me do, Charles? I've heard these arguments before.

XAVIER: That was a long time ago. Mankind has evolved since then.

ERIK: Yes... Into us.

ERIK: Are you sneaking around in there, Charles? Whatever are you looking for?

XAVIER: I'm looking for hope.

ERIK: I will give you hope, old friend. And I ask only one thing in return. Don't get in my way.

ERIK: We are the future, Charles, not them. They no longer matter.

This thread needs to be updated with quotes from The Wolverine!

Viper: His flesh is weak now! I did that!

Yukio: I saw you die
Wolverine: When? Now?

Wolverine: You brought me here to say goodbye, sayonara

Shingen: What kind of monster are you?
Wolverine: The Wolverine

Yukio: It's an honor to meet the Wolverine

Shingen: You?
Viper: Me
Shingen: What are you?
Viper: A chemist, a nihilist, a capitalist, a mutation, a viper

Wolverine: What do you want?
Magneto: There are dark forces, Wolverine. Human forces building weapon that could bring the end of our time. I want your help.
Wolverine: Why would I trust you?
Magneto: You wouldn't.

Professor X: Hello Logan.
Wolverine: How is this possible?
Professor X: As I told you a long time ago, you're not the only one with gifts

You know what makes me giggle:

When the TV in X-Men talks about Gyrich being mauled by a bear.

Whoever wrote that line is brilliant!

Mt favourite quote from The Wolverine was the "You have ten words" scene.

1. "You have ten words, ten. How many words was that?" Logan (The Wolverine).
2. "What kind of monster are you, The Wolverine." Logan (The Wolverine).
3. "They wish to cure us, well I say we are the cure." Magneto (X-Men: TLS).
4. "Are you a god-fearing man, that is such a strange prhrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher, a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding." Magneto (X1).
5. "Go **** yourself." Logan (The Wolverine).
6. "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut b****." Juggernaut (TLS).
7. "You know all those dangerous Mutants that you hear about on the news, I'm the worst one." Pyro (X2).
8. "You are a God among insects, never left anyone tell you different." Magneto (X2).
9. "Mr. Laurio, never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you" Magneto (X2).
10. "She's good. You have no idea." Magneto (X2).
11. You were an animal then and you're an animal now, all I did was give you claws." Stryker (X2).
12. "You should never have left." Iceman (TLS).
13. "As I told you all those years ago, you're not the only one with gifts." Xavier (TW).
14. "Interesting." Yukio (TW).
15. "I've been at the mercy of people who were just following order, never again." Erik (FC).
16. "We have it within ourselves to be the better men. We already are." Xavier/Erik (FC).
17. "Excellent question, although I wouldn't call it a war exactly. That would imply that both sides have an equal chance of winning." Emma Frost (FC).
18. "Your streets will not be safe, your cities will not be safe, you will not be safe." Magneto (TLS).
19. Beast trying to quote literature in TLS, then just saying "oh, you get the point."
20. Wolverine calling Scott a d*** as proof that he's the real deal, and Scott believing it.

Rogue- Where am I supposed to go?

Wolverine- I don't know.

Rogue-You don't know or you don't care?

Wolverine- Pick one!

Rogue- When they come out does it hurt?

Wolverine- Every time.

Wolverine & Rogue-You running again?

Jean Grey- I'm telekinetic. I can move things with my mind.

Wolverine-Really what kinds of "things?"

:door slams:

Jean Grey-All kinds of things

Wolverine-Hey, hey, it's me.

Cyclops-Prove it.

Wolverine-You're a dick

_X-Men

Magneto-The war has begun

_X2

Magneto- We will strike with a vengeance and a fury that this world has never witnessed!

Phoenix- I don't want to fix it!

Phoenix-Kill me!

_X3

Last edited:
"I have been marked once, my dear, and let me assure you, no needle shall ever touch my skin again." - Magneto X3

"No one ever talks about it. They just do it. And you go on with your lives, ignoring the signs all around you. And then, one day, when the air is still and the night has fallen... they come for you." - Magneto X3

"I have been marked once, my dear, and let me assure you, no needle shall ever touch my skin again." - Magneto X3

"No one ever talks about it. They just do it. And you go on with your lives, ignoring the signs all around you. And then, one day, when the air is still and the night has fallen... they come for you." - Magneto X3

X3 has one of my favourite Magneto scenes. where he coldly abandons Mystique after she turns human.

What happens when a toad is hit by lightning? The Same thing that happens to everything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"