Days of Future Past Your Top 20 Quotes from the X-Men Movies

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

I wouldn't call that arrogance as he had nothing to do with Iron Man but it is a disrespectful and stupid comment.

I call It argoence because i knew what he was saying only MS made real comic book movies.

Forget about X-Men films for a minute.Are you saying richard Donner's SUperman,Tim Burton's batman films,and Spider-man 1 and 2 aren't real comic
book movies? Really:doh:

Kevin Feige has been willing to say good things abour first 2 X-Men films and first 2 Spider-man films.

Bryan Singer,Sam rami,and Chris Nolan have never acted that disrespecable for competion as Whedon did.Nolan ever acted with respect to Singer with his comments on Superman returns.

I call It argoence because i knew what he was saying only MS made real comic book movies.

Forget about X-Men films for a minute.Are you saying richard Donner's SUperman,Tim Burton's batman films,and Spider-man 1 and 2 aren't real comic

Kevin Feige has been willing to say good things abour first 2 X-Men films and first 2 Spider-man films.

Bryan Singer,Sam rami,and Chris Nolan have never acted that disrespecable for competion as Whedon did.Nolan ever acted with respect to Singer with his comments on Superman returns.

I get what you mean. I'd expect that attitude from blind fanboys but not from a seasoned filmmaker.

T"Challa;26972425 said:
Man some of you guys sound really salty...and calling Whedons career a mistake?..lol, sure.

It's not my fault that Whedon sucks for a large chunk of what he does.

:huh:

I know.Working for LSD Is how he got his postion at marvel.

But even after MS solo sucess he is still willing to see good things about some of films that helped MS get started.

Umm

What, in your view, have been the great superhero movies?

I still think the first two “Spideys” were unmatched. I think they captured the comic and found some cinematic extensions of that that were purely cinematic. . I think “Batman Begins” is certainly my favorite Batman movie I’ve seen.

I’ve wanted to make a movie of a comic book as long as I have been reading comic books. I don’t feel like anybody really cracked the code until Christopher Nolan. Batman Begins was really exciting. I thought I was going to get a turn with that franchise as well, but the series is over.”

How is that disrespectful in any way? You guys are just mud slinging at this point

tumblr_m81vjmmPYF1r3zat8.gif

This thread didn't last two pages before it died and went to off-topic hell.

I think it's because in a quote he defends the line instead of admitting that he made a mistake and if that wasn't bad enough he quite clearly and arrogantly places the blame on Singer and especially Halle Berry's shoulders.

he said something like, 'when actors don't deliver the line properly it makes us writers look stupid.'

He comes across very arrogant especially when you consider, as I said earlier, that the line does not work regardless of the delivery. Accept the mistake and move on is what he should have done.

I completely agree with you! :woot:

Oh geez now everyone and their mother is turning on Avengers.

Don't think anyone mentioned that movie. Just the director/writer.
__

There is a Prof X quote "Mankind is not evil... Just uninformed"

I can't place that scene. Anyone know?

The production had an existing plot, existing cast, existing caracters, existing costuming (mostly), and existing canon. Writing was pretty much the only part that was him.

This is why the job Whedon had was more difficult and not easier. The expectations for this movie was at a fever pitch. He had 5 well-received blockbusters and his film was supposed to be the one that not only brought them all together, but actually be it's own film.

None of the other Marvel films had an ounce of the same pressure Whedon was dealing with and for that I commend him.

Not only was Phase 1 a pressure, but what if The Avengers was a bad movie? What would Phase 2 have looked like in that scenario?

Oh, and to stay on topic I like this nugget from The Last Stand as Multiple Man checks out Mystique:

"I'm in."

Madrox is a playa. :)

The Dark Knight?

You mean the most over hyped film of all time?

:007:007:007
What you did there... I see it.

This is why the job Whedon had was more difficult and not easier. The expectations for this movie was at a fever pitch. He had 5 well-received blockbusters and his film was supposed to be the one that not only brought them all together, but actually be it's own film.

None of the other Marvel films had an ounce of the same pressure Whedon was dealing with and for that I commend him.

Not only was Phase 1 a pressure, but what if The Avengers was a bad movie? What would Phase 2 have looked like in that scenario?

Oh, and to stay on topic I like this nugget from The Last Stand as Multiple Man checks out Mystique:

"I'm in."

Madrox is a playa. :)
Agreed 1000%.

I have the Avengers as one of my top 10 comic book films but i don't call It the greatest comic book film of all time like some do

What you did there... I see it.

Not sure what you see.

TDK is a good movie. A really good movie. And the Batman series is probably my... second favorite comic book series?

But it is WAAAAYYYY overhyped as the greatest thing to ever happen to cinema when... it actually is not the greatest thing to ever happen to cinema.

I love Whedon hate. I grew up on Buffy, and it's fun to watch the hatred grow now he's climbed up the Hollywood ladder. He's a smart and funny guy, so I enjoy the cherry-picked quotes that make him sound like an ass.

He can sound like an ass at times. I am not even mentioning how he put down edward norton to prop up Mark Ruffalo. And nobody forced him to say Iron man was first real comic book book film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"