Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think the writing and lack of screentime for Leto's Joker were bigger problems than his overall look, but I wouldn't miss the tattoos if they suddenly did get rid of them for his upcoming appearances either. Like I said before Leto is a strong enough actor to pull any role off, but he needs solid direction and a good script and I really hope we get that, because he still has a lot of potential left in him IMO.

And if JL 2 happens, Leto will have that chance to do a lot more with the role.

Speaking of Leto, what’s this I’m hearing about somebody posting a Christmas Ayer Squad release? Doesn’t that seem way too soon?

And if JL 2 happens, Leto will have that chance to do a lot more with the role.

Speaking of Leto, what’s this I’m hearing about somebody posting a Christmas Ayer Squad release? Doesn’t that seem way too soon?
Ayer Cut for Christmas? (Or did I get it wrong?)
Yeah, it's too soon. WB is in the progress to hype up Gunn's version that named just "The Suicide Squad" too. Putting that movie in the public attention for a while, just released an Empire cover too. These two will clash, people talked about them in 'vs.' way already. Someday, maybe.

The tattoos arent the issue with Leto's Joker...it is the character himself. Make that character anyone else and no one cares...what he is is not the Joker and no version of the film is going to change that. Seeing him slap around Harley doesn't make think more Joker in any way either. I dont care about Leto being a d-bag off screen or any of that other stuff...outside of his laugh (which was quite good) I never looked at him and said "That right there is the Joker!". It looked like some 1990's redone Joker in a Chrome Finished comic made by Todd McFarland that no one bought because it was stupid. Some characters dont need updating to the modern world...Joker is one of them.

I said this at the time, I applaud them for trying something different...but good lord did it fail. I am not sure if it is on Leto, Ayer or both but yikes. Unless his scene in JL is him being punched in the face a hundred times and he never talks or really does anything but lay there and get punched I have no interest in seeing it.

His laugh is basically a deep wheeze in slow-motion.

The tattoos arent the issue with Leto's Joker...it is the character himself. Make that character anyone else and no one cares...what he is is not the Joker and no version of the film is going to change that. Seeing him slap around Harley doesn't make think more Joker in any way either. I dont care about Leto being a d-bag off screen or any of that other stuff...outside of his laugh (which was quite good) I never looked at him and said "That right there is the Joker!". It looked like some 1990's redone Joker in a Chrome Finished comic made by Todd McFarland that no one bought because it was stupid. Some characters dont need updating to the modern world...Joker is one of them.

I said this at the time, I applaud them for trying something different...but good lord did it fail. I am not sure if it is on Leto, Ayer or both but yikes. Unless his scene in JL is him being punched in the face a hundred times and he never talks or really does anything but lay there and get punched I have no interest in seeing it.
If his scenes involved flashbacks you may got your wish. :funny:
The Joker: Do you wanna know how I got these grills?

Fabian Wagner talks the Snyder Cut

Exclusive: A Fabian Wagner Interview

A couple of excerpts:

Wow, well that’s good. I hope you’re going to love it. The only thing I can say is the first 3 trailers that came out in 2017 were what we had shot with the main unit, with Zack and me. I was actually in L.A. when we were doing some of those trailers and we were coloring them. [And] those 3 trailers are the way the movie always intended to look [like]. And it was always intended to look different. Zack wanted [Justice League] to be different to Man of Steel and BvS. But obviously, I wanted to keep the Zack Snyder tone [and] world alive. I love Zack and his previous work. […] And the final film, unfortunately, was very different to those. But hey, now we get to see Zack’s version [of Justice League] which is great.

We shot so much stuff for this movie [and]shooting for 125 days. [Zack and I] shot a ton of stuff that wasn’t in the theatrical version so there’s a lot of stuff that Zack can do to fill those 4 hours. And Zack has always said that his films are long because there’s a reason for it.

Ben: Did he speak to you about a season 2?
Well, he mentioned [a sequel] 4 years ago before we started shooting Justice League. He already told me about what he would love to do in the second part.

Ben: Can you elaborate on that?
[Laughs] Well, I can’t really talk about all that right now. [Zack is] very into this whole universe and he loves it and he knows the characters very well. He has a whole master plan. So before we were prepping [for] Justice League, he was already telling me about how he would love to evolve the whole [arc].

:hmm

So he’s confirming that some of those bad jokes are Zack’s and not Whedon’s? I’d like to see the purists online act as if the same “bad Whedon jokes” are now suddenly hilarious because Zack filmed it.

I have literally seen Snyder fans talk **** about the “I heard you talk to fish” but that’s in one of the earliest trailers..

The bad jokes = Whedon thing has always felt revisionist as hell to me. Some of the humor in the OG trailers was pretty corny. I always figured it was because Zack was forced to include it, but either way it was still meh to me.

It’s why I’m grateful in a way that his original flick kinda died in favor of this no-compromises version. The original cut would’ve still probably read like bastardization, just with Zack and WB rather than Zack/WB/Whedon.

So he’s confirming that some of those bad jokes are Zack’s and not Whedon’s? I’d like to see the purists online act as if the same “bad Whedon jokes” are now suddenly hilarious because Zack filmed it.

I have literally seen Snyder fans talk **** about the “I heard you talk to fish” but that’s in one of the earliest trailers..

I always assumed the "you talk to fish" line was Snyder's. Also the "more, more, or more, less? More, less. He said no. He said no." "What's your superpower?" "I'm rich." "You say that like it explains why you are in the dark sitting in my second favorite chair."

I certainly think there will be character dynamics that will lead to humor in the movie.

The original Comic Con trailer of Justice League had some cringy lines, that I agree must have been WB's demand to force jokes in order to make it more lighthearted, due to complaints about the overly serious tone of BvS. I also believe that Whedon's awful one-liners in the movie had the same studio logic behind them, but maximized to 100. But let's not pretend that humour has worked in Snyder's previous two films, in the few instances that existed. It doesn't fit his style and he clearly can't handle it effectively.

I think Snyder does sass and sardonic humor well, personally. His straighter humor is a bit hit or miss for me though.
I agree. But he isn’t writing it either. There has to be a set up for the humor. Written in.

The more more works. Funny and establishes Bruce and Diana’s relationship.
Talk to fish. When he meets Arthur is a provocation. That works too IMO.

I am curious to see what other humor is speckled I ZSJL.

I agree. But he isn’t writing it either. There has to be a set up for the humor. Written in.

The more more works. Funny and establishes Bruce and Diana’s relationship.
Talk to fish. When he meets Arthur is a provocation. That works too IMO.

I am curious to see what other humor is speckled I ZSJL.

Yeah I was fine with those bits. Some of the Ezra stuff is what I found iffy. That was more overtly jokey and a bit off in some of the trailers for me.

I agree with that too. Maybe it’s in the editing? I hope?

maybe new edits will help smooth it out. I don’t mind Flash being “ awkwardly “ funny. Gotta balance those bits.

... sure hope the prison drawing glasses on the tough guy bit stays in!

:o:o:o

I agree with that too. Maybe it’s in the editing? I hope?

maybe new edits will help smooth it out. I don’t mind Flash being “ awkwardly “ funny. Gotta balance those bits.

... sure hope the prison drawing glasses on the tough guy bit stays in!

:o:o:o

I read somewhere that was actually Zack. Not sure though because I think Marc McClure (Jimmy Olson from the Donner movies) was in that scene, but in Snyder's stuff, he's there in Metropolis when the League is fighting Superman. Not sure how that scene is going to work.

I'm fine with Barry's "that doesn't explain why your in the dark sitting in my second favorite chair bit" and "...I'm in..." as long as that is balanced by a more 3-dimensional Barry overall.

I read somewhere that was actually Zack. Not sure though because I think Marc McClure (Jimmy Olson from the Donner movies) was in that scene, but in Snyder's stuff, he's there in Metropolis when the League is fighting Superman. Not sure how that scene is going to work.

I'm fine with Barry's "that doesn't explain why your in the dark sitting in my second favorite chair bit" and "...I'm in..." as long as that is balanced by a more 3-dimensional Barry overall.

If it was Zack's, WB and Johns must have had a gun on him filming that scene ...

The way I understand it McClure was a cop at the hero park fight in the Snyder version. Can't see how he could play in both.

The prison scene was worth a chuckle and in other context probably would be ok... more or less... if the rest of the film was great!

I’m willing to bet Ezra’s humor is a lot more toned down in Zack’s cut. More awkward and less eccentric jokiness. The Barry in the early trailers seemed more like a quirky, awkward geek...sort of like Peter Parker. Whedon doubled down and made him a quip machine, a kid with nothing meaningful to say or contribute to the team but utter one liners like “pet cemetary.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"