Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Affleck. The Reel Anarchy guy from the aforementioned Wagner interview.

Ben: Did he speak to you about a season 2?
Well, he mentioned [a sequel] 4 years ago before we started shooting Justice League. He already told me about what he would love to do in the second part.

Ben: Can you elaborate on that?
[Laughs] Well, I can’t really talk about all that right now. [Zack is] very into this whole universe and he loves it and he knows the characters very well. He has a whole master plan. So before we were prepping [for] Justice League, he was already telling me about how he would love to evolve the whole [arc].

Was just watching Filmjunkee and he said that something “positive” is supposed to come out tomorrow, i.e. a JL update but hes not sure if the Fisher stuff put a damper on that.

So he’s confirming that some of those bad jokes are Zack’s and not Whedon’s? I’d like to see the purists online act as if the same “bad Whedon jokes” are now suddenly hilarious because Zack filmed it.

I have literally seen Snyder fans talk **** about the “I heard you talk to fish” but that’s in one of the earliest trailers..
The fish line is either Zack's or Johns mandated forced humour.....either way it was the work of a compromised vision.

But look, I've seen enough of Snyder's work to know that he can be tone deaf and cringey at times.

At 44:00 ish, Fabian Wagner debunks the rumour about Zack filming alternate takes. He says everything was shot in Zack's way and that there weren't any executives rewriting stuff on set.

At 44:00 ish, Fabian Wagner debunks the rumour about Zack filming alternate takes. He says everything was shot in Zack's way and that there weren't any executives rewriting stuff on set.

On set is the key term here. I am sure no one "forced" Zack to change anything from his shooting script on set. There may have been suggestions, discussions etc, but nothing forced.

The shooting script was agreed to well before they started shooting I am sure...which is why there was no Black suit made for shooting. It was "compromised" from the original vision and first screenplay as Zack has said "the scarry-crazy" stuff toned down and condensed into the shooting script Zack used with Fabian. The humor according to Zack and Debbie was always there-such as it is- as an evolution of the characters and addition of AM and F.

We don't really know yet HOW any Snyder footage was re-edited or changed but we should find out soon.

Last edited:
Been a very difficult week for me personally, so i haven't had the chance to catch up on Ray or Fabian's interviews, but I hope FilmJunkee is right that something positive drops today. I need a solid distraction.
Same been a real difficult depressing week for me as well.

The fish line is either Zack's or Johns mandated forced humour.....either way it was the work of a compromised vision.

But look, I've seen enough of Snyder's work to know that he can be tone deaf and cringey at times.
Sorry but I’m not buying that.

I think it was agreed upon between WB and Zack, that there would be some more levity in JL than there was in BvS.

A screenplay isn't always set in stone once it goes before cameras , and they could always add new lines or jokes in since the process is fluid.

So, Zack may have added some lines at the last minute, or someone else says " Hey, this would be a funny line at this moment" , or maybe Ezra was improving stuff and Zack said " That's funny , let's keep it in", or they had a script doctor go over it an add jokes , and so on.

I don't think WB execs showed up during filming and mandated rewrites for humor right there on the spot on set.

It’s just that I see a lot of Snyder fans act like if it’s a bad idea then it’s Whedon approved, if it’s good then it must be Snyder approved. It’s like cult mentality.

Which “talking to fish” scene is being discussed here?

If it’s the one where he meets AC for the first time, the one from the original trailer, then that IMO feels like a 100% Batman thing to do.

The “talking to fish” scene in the cave is absolute dog turd. And that is a Whedon reshoot.

I think all of us in the States are having a bad week and will be until the stupid election ends...

I think it was agreed upon between WB and Zack, that there would be some more levity in JL than there was in BvS.

A screenplay isn't always set in stone once it goes before cameras , and they could always add new lines or jokes in since the process is fluid.

So, Zack may have added some lines at the last minute, or someone else says " Hey, this would be a funny line at this moment" , or maybe Ezra was improving stuff and Zack said " That's funny , let's keep it in", or they had a script doctor go over it an add jokes , and so on.

I don't think WB execs showed up during filming and mandated rewrites for humor right there on the spot on set.

This is a very good post and should act as a reminder to people that just because Zack and his crew might feel that some things were forced in doesnt mean they werent needed or ultimately liked by him. Snyder has shown he does not do well with humor and lets be honest here...after BvS all of us were saying we wanted more in Justice League. Even in our posts defending that film we said "Justice League is where we will see the humor, it will be the lighter film!". And we were right to hope that is the case because after BvS a lighter tone was needed...not Whedon's idea of light but something more palatable to the average viewer. From all accounts the "uncompromised" version of Justice League was NOT that. WB course correcting to try and get there was the right decision...and almost none of us defending BvS said otherwise when they openly said they were doing it.

I think it would be better if we stopped calling this the "compromised" version because it ignores that almost every film, made by almost every director is "compromised" in some capacity. And BTW they should be. Ridley Scott has shown us all what happens when you dont have someone pushing back on your ideas. (damn you Prometheus could have been amazing instead of just...meh) Hell, Zack Snyder kind of does too. (and Coppola would be the argument against that FWIW) It might be a perfect vision, but it might only appeal to a very small audience. Well if you want that make Indy films when you use $250 million to make a movie it better be liked by most of the movie going public.

Plus, it sort of bakes in an excuse if ZSJL maybe isnt as loved as we all hope it is. If the few jokes dont land or overall the project is just kind of not cared for all of a sudden it is now "well that is cause this is the 'Compromised' cut if he made his true film it would be loved!!". It kind of reminds me of people who talk about Bladerunner and other cult style films.

Which “talking to fish” scene is being discussed here?

If it’s the one where he meets AC for the first time, the one from the original trailer, then that IMO feels like a 100% Batman thing to do.

The “talking to fish” scene in the cave is absolute dog turd. And that is a Whedon reshoot.

100% agree.

Yea I'm not quite sure what the argument is here. Is it that it's assumed by some that any attempt of humor in JL is purely due to whedon? If so, I've never seen that claim made. There was the original script that terrio and zack collabed on which was never shot. It may have had slightly less humor than the production script, but I don't know. There was the filmed script which GJ had input in. No doubt there was a bit more lighter moments/humor put in from studio mandates, etc. Then there's the whedon script.

I agree with Scribe in that Zack's humor is a bit different from Whedons (more sardonic/sarcastic). The first time when Bruce said I hear you can talk to fish, seemed like it was more of a snarky comment. The second time it seemed as if Bruce was genuinely ignorant to what exactly AM does.

Was just watching Filmjunkee and he said that something “positive” is supposed to come out tomorrow, i.e. a JL update but hes not sure if the Fisher stuff put a damper on that.

It was suppose to, but it has nothin to do with Fisher. Again, the ''info'' that was dropping was more of an official confirmation of who is filming Snyder cut stuff. Eh. Snyder is filming through the weekend, so he may still give us something to chew on. Gal is finished with Red Notice early next week or so.

I'm feeling like I did when it was still like 6+ months out from BvS and it was the dog days of summer (so to speak). Same to some degree when we were months out from JL though I was a little less excited for that after Snyder left, and especially after that 2 hr runtime was announced.

But that long wait in the arid desert, parched for water, knowing fertile land is on the horizon, but it feels like it's gonna take so long just to get there. For now, any oasis will do.

Snyder is likely going to wait until he wraps filming to give us anything, I’m guessing. I think we can safely say its more than just a week of filming at this point. This dude’s probably getting 2-3 weeks worth in. I gave up hope on Henry but hopefully he can somehow get Gal in on this.

Snyder is likely going to wait until he wraps filming to give us anything, I’m guessing. I think we can safely say its more than just a week of filming at this point. This dude’s probably getting 2-3 weeks worth in. I gave up hope on Henry but hopefully he can somehow get Gal in on this.
He might have simply already shot all of what he needed of Cavill. Who knows with that situation tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"