10.15 - Fortune - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

seriously!

I don't want to see another wedding on SV ever!!!!!!!!! (actually, I never want to see a wedding on a CW show ever!!!!).

Right on.
Oh, and as for the episode itself, without a doubt the worst episode in the history of Smallville.
I could sit down and watch Thirst and Power and enjoy the hell out of them compared to this crap.

Really? It was a fun, silly, one off episode.

It had Oliver in drag, and a pretty awesome action scene part of the way through.

Plus the end was a nice, quiet scene for all the characters. Plus is was a nice send off for Chloe.

A fun episode like this is nice every once in a while. Especially since it's going to get all serious soon. I think this and probably Booster will be the last of the lighthearted episodes for the rest of the series.

It wasn't fun at all. Oliver in drag was not funny, I thought that whole sequence was appalling.
And Chloe, well, let's just say I was disappointed someone didn't put a hollow point between her eyes.
The only time I chuckled was when Clark ran into the wall.
This isn't the type of crap they should be showing in the final season, it really isn't.

Meh, not everyone needs the final season to be serious all the time. I enjoy the fun little episodes like this. It made both me and my wife laugh several times.

But to each his own.

I gotta say, it takes real balls to have a goofy episode like this in the final season, where on top of it the villain is Darkseid. As I said - not the worst episode by a long shot. For me definitely the worst of the season so far, but not of the show. No way. In my opinion episodes like Power and Ageless and some of the others I mentioned are much worse than Fortune, because they were trying to be taken more seriously. They were trying to make the viewer look seriously at the crap they produced and failed in every gotdamn aspect. While Fortune, as bad as it was, its whole point was to be stupid. So I really can't say that it was the worst ever because it just wasn't. But yeah, to each his own indeed.

I have absolutely nothing against a humorous episode every now and then, the problem here was that it wasn't funny, just boring.

I was watching the part where they saw the video of the night before and I loved Oliver's line to Emile regarding him making out with Tess; "This is great stuff. I'm real proud of you." :funny:

I loved the more little quiet scene at the end, where they are all just sitting around as friends watching their idiotic behavior from the night before. It was just a sweet scene.

ya it is pretty funny going through some early yrs episodes and seeing actors/actresses who ended up going onto other shows/movies and hitting it big. But ya as for our opinions everyone's is different. Personally i thought it was a fun episode, no problem with having an one off fun episode. To lighten the mood a bit. Before they hunker down and get back to the nitty gritty serious stuff. Sv isnt the only one to do episodes like that during their finale runs, angel did it with that puppet episode, SG1 did it with their 200th episode, and many other shows i cant recall off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"