10.15 - Fortune - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Black Superman is my real name. People usually just call me Black though.

Ya I am like who cares if sv is ripping off a show/movie. It was a fun episode last week. And same with the other ones of late. It wasn't totally said movie/show. But I am like big deal as long as it works for what sv is trying to do. Plus sv has done it for yrs I can't recall the first time but go back to early yrs and its there. So I am like man some need to just chill cause it seems they don't recall sv done it before.

Yes it is , and thank you!
Milos is my real name!

:D

You're welcome.

I was a film major in college and I might know that's a boy's name because of the film director Milos Forman... He directed "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Amadeus" among others, so that's going back a bit and he doesn't get much work lately, so I'm not sure how well known he is.

But it's not a common name in the states, I don't think.

Yeah, I knew it was a male name too. Studying Greek now and that's a very common greek name. Costas, Petros, Milos etc. Btw how's the review going Trip? Did you hate this episode as much as most people did?

It wasn't the name that threw me off. It was how he acts about the show and Chloe. I guess I sort of assumed he was an obsessed fangirl...

Yeah, I knew it was a male name too. Studying Greek now and that's a very common greek name. Costas, Petros, Milos etc. Btw how's the review going Trip? Did you hate this episode as much as most people did?

No, actually I didn't hate it all.

I found it very amusing and entertaining, if a bit derivative.

Not sure what I'm going to give it, but Tom Welling playing drunk and falling over was well worth what few problems I had with it. I'm not sure he'd done physical humor quite like that before in the show. He was very funny...

Oh, and I ADORED Justin Hartley in drag. That was hilarious.

And Cassidy Freeman and Alessandro Juilliani are both quite good singers.

Not perfect, even though I had a great time watching it. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard with Smallville

Ya I still so no issue with why we couldn't have this one last fun light episode.

No, actually I didn't hate it all.

I found it very amusing and entertaining, if a bit derivative.

Not sure what I'm going to give it, but Tom Welling playing drunk and falling over was well worth what few problems I had with it. I'm not sure he'd done physical humor quite like that before in the show. He was very funny...

Oh, and I ADORED Justin Hartley in drag. That was hilarious.

And Cassidy Freeman and Alessandro Juilliani are both quite good singers.

Not perfect, even though I had a great time watching it. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard with Smallville

Alessandro Juliani SHOULD be perfect since he's actually a trained opera singer. :) Cassidy Freeman was just oki though, but she was channeling Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line something fierce.

Alessandro Juliani SHOULD be perfect since he's actually a trained opera singer. :) Cassidy Freeman was just oki though, but she was channeling Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line something fierce.

That's what I thought when she came on screen.

Oh, I didn't know he trained in opera... I should look him up before I finish up the review.

And Cassidy reminded me of k.d.lang, not Reese....

Although, k.d. lang has a far better set of pipes. It was more in the attitude and delivery.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know he trained in opera... I should look him up before I finish up the review.

And Cassidy reminded me of k.d.lang, not Reese....

Although, k.d. lang has a far better set of pipes. It was more in the attitude and delivery.

Yes, he finished college with a degree in vocal/opera performance, he's a baritone actually. He sang for a little bit in Battlestar Galactica too. I love it when actors have other skills that they can use in their acting. And I'm happy Juliani got to do some singing before Smallville was over, since he always played such a geeky subdued character. :)

And I have to say, given this whole drama with Charlie Sheen that has exploded since the episode aired, it certainly puts a new perspective on the episode. Smallville... WINNING!. :p

Hey Trip. I haven't seen you in the Gods of the Arena thread. Did you watch the series?

I think it was good to have a fun episode like this one last time. Even if I would of preferred something better to send Chloe off. Chlark was awesome and this and really strong I thought compared to....a long time ago, Chloe being my favorite character I think she had alot of good moments if this is her final episode (don't spoil me if she is coming back! :p).

I liked the episode but hope there isn't any more like this. It was good to see the characters having fun...for maybe the last time.

Omg!! If the theres a wedding in the finale i just might kill myself lol

seriously!

I don't want to see another wedding on SV ever!!!!!!!!! (actually, I never want to see a wedding on a CW show ever!!!!).

Well cassidy is a singer too in band with her one brother

I think it was good to have a fun episode like this one last time.
The funny thing is I heard Booster would be another "fun" episode. I know it won't be exactly like this episode, but I don't think it'll have the same level of seriousness as the other episodes that are left.

I can deal with Booster being a fun episode because it at least has some new DC heroes. Fortune just seemed unnecessary no matter how funny it was.

Trips Review is up at Ksite now, as i say every week another good write up. I too as i said multi times in this thread i enjoyed the episode for what it was and it was nice to have a little fun episode.

Trips Review is up at Ksite now, as i say every week another good write up. I too as i said multi times in this thread i enjoyed the episode for what it was and it was nice to have a little fun episode.

I adored it and my review for this episode has gotten more comments on the k-site forums and more @ replies on my twitter than any I have ever done before. (Well, as long as I've had my twitter account, which is about two years now.)

This episode certainly was divisive.

Here's the URL of my review for those who haven't read it:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/fortunereview.htm

I didn't like Fortune but it wasn't nearly as bad as many people said it was. Wost episode ever, are you kidding me? I guess these people haven't watched Thirst, Kinetic, Spirit or Power...

personally two of my top wrost episodes would be "Power" and that fat sucker episode way back in season 1. There is others of course every season usually has a bad one or two, though last season/ this season so far have all been pretty solid in my book.

Heh...that fat sucker was Amy Adams.

Who'd a thought...

Yep, I just watched The Fighter with her. Man, what a babe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"