A Good Reporter Makes Stories Great: Rachel Brosnahan IS Lois Lane

Exactly. That's the point of a break-out role. For example, Reese Witherspoon and Johnny Depp may have been names before but it was Legally Blonde and Pirates, resp, that catapulted them into stardom. I guarantee you, people were rooting for Jack Sparrow more than Depp himself during that trial.
I thought it was Edward Scissorhands for Depp.

Johnny Depp was a household name well before PotC. He just wasn’t big with the family demo ‘til that movie.
Mmhmm. Every actor always has that one role that catapults them from merely being a household name into super stardom.

Rachel Brosnahan was a name thanks to House of Cards but Maisel made her famous.

Historically, casting for a new Superman entails finding a “relative unknown” who more-or-less fits the physical type. Whereas, a new Lois actress tends to have a stronger resumé, a more established career. And fair to say, Brosnahan is more famous than Corenswet. But even so, she’s not in the Jennifer Lawrence/Emma Stone/et. al. superstar category.

I can no longer keep track of the new, young Hollywood stars. But even a philistine like me :cwink: has heard of Rachel Brosnahan. However, this is mainly by reputation (her award wins and promo appearances). I’ve never actually seen her in anything — including The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (never had a subscription to Amazon). So if my POV is typical (and perhaps it isn’t), Brosnahan playing Lois Lane represents a big career move.

I wouldn't say either are a household name yet but after Superman they will be. Heck I felt like it even took a while after MOS for common folk to register Cavill.

I'd seen her in House of Cards and an episode or two of The Blacklist, but I couldn't have told you Brosnahan's name before her casting as Lois Lane.

Mmhmm. Every actor always has that one role that catapults them from merely being a household name into super stardom.

Rachel Brosnahan was a name thanks to House of Cards but Maisel made her famous.
Johnny Depp was huge before Pirates. I don’t know how old you are, but I’d wager to say that to my generation, there are lots of people who think of Depp primarily as Tom Hansen from 21 Jump Street before Sparrow. Not to mention his roles in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Edward Scissorhands, Donnie Brasco and Nightmare on Elm Street. All of which were pre-pirates and huge movies.

It’s like folks who state that Michael J Fox is only Marty McFly. They obviously didn’t realize that he was Alex P Keaton and that television role was extremely important to people in the 1980’s and had cemented him in the social conscience pre-BTTF.

And to address the previous post: Brosnahan is most certainly not an “unknown.” She’s the star of one long running, critically acclaimed television show as well as a pivotal member of an ensemble cast in another. She’s also a Golden Globe winning actress. I don’t know how she could be seen as an unknown.

Bitsie and Rachel are now facing blowback from the cult, which maintains that Bitsie never had the torch to pass in the first place (whatever fool's paradise that they continue to live in apparently doesn't value TV shows like Superman & Lois) and that Rachel ought to be thanking Adams instead. :vln:

Bitsie and Rachel are now facing blowback from the cult, which maintains that Bitsie never had the torch to pass in the first place (whatever fool's paradise that they continue to live in apparently doesn't value TV shows like Superman & Lois) and that Rachel ought to be thanking Adams instead. :vln:
Bitsie is the best live action Lois in my book and I’ll throw hands with any Snyder-fool who disrespects her!

I mean she has big shoes to fill especially replacing Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Amy she actually was a good Lois all be it in a failed DCEU. So Rachel stepping into the role, I can see her knocking it out of the park.

No shade but were you around for Teri Hatcher?
I’m pretty sure I have socks older than you, youngster.
And yes. I stand by what I said.

In all sincerity, yes, I actually watched Lois and Clark with my future wife when we were in college and first married. So yeah, I was around for Hatcher.

Hatcher was very good, but Tulloch’s Lois is really my preferred take. She’s much more in line with the Tomasi Lois, who has a sincerity and a kindness which I prefer.

Last edited:
I mean she has big shoes to fill especially replacing Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Amy she actually was a good Lois all be it in a failed DCEU. So Rachel stepping into the role, I can see her knocking it out of the park.
Amy Adams is a great actress, but she was not a good Lois in my opinion. She’s not even top 3 live action Lois Lanes.

I’m pretty sure I have socks older than you, youngster.
And yes. I stand by what I said.

In all sincerity, yes, I actually watched Lois and Clark with my future wife when we were in college and first married. So yeah, I was around for Hatcher.

Hatcher was very good, but Tulloch’s Lois is really my preferred take. She’s much more in line with the Tomasi Lois, who has a sincerity and a kindness which I prefer.

To be fair to Teri Hatcher, she had to carry that show acting opposite a plank of wood (Cain).

To be fair to Teri Hatcher, she had to carry that show acting opposite a plank of wood (Cain).
I’ll never forget the pity that I had for Dean Cain after watching the movie Out of Time. Dean Cain played the film’s villain opposite Denzel Washington, and the gap in acting abilities was so evident that it wasn’t funny. Denzel both elevated Cain, but also ate him alive.

Lois needs to be a black belt.
Her and Clark are out doing whatever and a mugger holds em up.
Clark is thinking about how he can take him out at superspeed secretly when Lois suddenly drop kicks the fool till next Sunday.
Clark looks at her funny.
She shrugs. I'm a Army brat.

I’ll never forget the pity that I had for Dean Cain after watching the movie Out of Time. Dean Cain played the film’s villain opposite Denzel Washington, and the gap in acting abilities was so evident that it wasn’t funny. Denzel both elevated Cain, but also ate him alive.

Glad that’s one Denzel movie that I missed. Though maybe I’ll watch it now just to see Cain get pwned by an actor who is 1,000 times better than him.

Rachel could thank Amy Adams directly and they’d harass her for daring to open her mouth in Adams’s direction.

They’re psychotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"