Agent Carter Agent Carter General Discussion Thread - Part 1

images

Ever hear the word - obsessive - or maybe - obsessed - or possible the phrase - beating a dead horse - ?

The horse isnt dead because people STILL mistakenly think there is no contradiction.

But...to be honest...your comments towards me are EXCLUSIVELY harassment. You offer NOTHING constructive to the conversation. And for the record...pointing out faults in the Agent Carter show absolutely IS contributing to the conversation, so please don't claim that I'm not contributing. This forum is not reserved exclusively for praising the show.

But you aren't praising the show...you aren't criticizing the show...if you wanted to be helpful at all then you would show me...using ONLY what we have seen from Marvel...how I am wrong and how others are correct. But...since it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to do that you have resorted to making all of your posts antagonistic towards me.

By all means...get involved in the conversation about the show! If I'm wrong, show me where I went wrong. If you can't show me where I'm wrong...then...man...neither can anyone else...so maybe people should stop telling me that I'm wrong.

Whats funny is that for most of the day, this thread hasn't been about the show at all...its been about you and others calling me a bunch of names...because you think I'm wrong about something while being completely incapable of showing me how I'm wrong...because I'm right. It's hour after hour of people bashing me and NOT talking about the show. And while I keep trying to move the conversation back to the show, people like you just keep bringing the subject back to being about me.

KICK BuTT!!!!! I can't WAIT!

... did you read the link? Its old news vartha lol. Says season 2 of aos and orders peggy carter... lol you dont have to wait. You just witnessed it

I've moved on. I didn't take it as a sign that the OS was no longer cannon, but rather a sign that AC can kick butt. Nothing more, nothing less.

... did you read the link? Its old news vartha lol. Says season 2 of aos and orders peggy carter... lol you dont have to wait. You just witnessed it
can't wait for MORE PEGGY. The way the ratings are going, it looks like that it will happen other than what's been ordered already. :D

The horse isnt dead because people STILL mistakenly think there is no contradiction.

But...to be honest...your comments towards me are EXCLUSIVELY harassment. You offer NOTHING constructive to the conversation. And for the record...pointing out faults in the Agent Carter show absolutely IS contributing to the conversation, so please don't claim that I'm not contributing. This forum is not reserved exclusively for praising the show.

But you aren't praising the show...you aren't criticizing the show...if you wanted to be helpful at all then you would show me...using ONLY what we have seen from Marvel...how I am wrong and how others are correct. But...since it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to do that you have resorted to making all of your posts antagonistic towards me.

By all means...get involved in the conversation about the show! If I'm wrong, show me where I went wrong. If you can't show me where I'm wrong...then...man...neither can anyone else...so maybe people should stop telling me that I'm wrong.

Whats funny is that for most of the day, this thread hasn't been about the show at all...its been about you and others calling me a bunch of names...because you think I'm wrong about something while being completely incapable of showing me how I'm wrong...because I'm right. It's hour after hour of people bashing me and NOT talking about the show. And while I keep trying to move the conversation back to the show, people like you just keep bringing the subject back to being about me.

Ugh. Dude, we all get that there's a possible contradiction but aren't convinced it's not fixed or handled in some way by the end of the series. It was simply artistic license to basically use some Peggy "stock footage" to show the audience that she really isn't a secretary or damsel in distress or simply Steve's woman. It wasn't a memory. Please give up the ghost. I feel like I'm on the Amazing Spider-man boards over here.

Once again...the conversation turns to me because I get called a troll. Just because I have a wider range of opinion than "Like and Love" that doesn't make me a troll. I WANT to like Agent Carter. I LOVE Agents of SHIELD. I LOVE The Winter Soldier. But...the issues this show has (that half the board are denying while the other half claims that no one is denying) affected my personal enjoyment.

But no...rather than contribute to the conversation...and maybe even admit that I have a valid point...its better to just attack me...as long as I'm having to defend myself from personal attacks, I cant criticize the show! HURRAY!

But Art Freak...you're wrong...just scroll a bit...people are NOT saying that they think Marvel will fix it. They are saying that no problem exists that needs to be fixed. Half of this board is saying that no potential issues exists, while the other half claim that no one is saying that no potential issue exists.

By the way...if you liked the actress who played the roommate who was tired from working all day in the first episode...her movie Plus One is streaming on Netflix Instant. I'm not saying it's the greatest movie ever...but the concept is pretty unique and cool...it's kind of like a teen house party in the Twilight Zone. For me, the concept was cool enough to keep me interested in what would happen next.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

Its best to just ignore him. I think. Hes trollin

He's been stinking up these threads all god damn day with this nonsense. When he isn't droning on about the "error" he's nailing himself to a cross and playing the victim card. IL listing him doesn't work because people keep quoting him. Enough is enough.

Once again...the conversation turns to me because I get called a troll. Just because I have a wider range of opinion than "Like and Love" that doesn't make me a troll. I WANT to like Agent Carter. I LOVE Agents of SHIELD. I LOVE The Winter Soldier. But...the issues this show has (that half the board are denying while the other half claims that no one is denying) affected my personal enjoyment.

But no...rather than contribute to the conversation...and maybe even admit that I have a valid point...its better to just attack me...as long as I'm having to defend myself from personal attacks, I cant criticize the show! HURRAY!

But Art Freak...you're wrong...just scroll a bit...people are NOT saying that they think Marvel will fix it. They are saying that no problem exists that needs to be fixed. Half of this board is saying that no potential issues exists, while the other half claim that no one is saying that no potential issue exists.
Heretic, you're not a victim. You simply see something as a problem that no one else here sees as a problem, and instead of accepting that disagreement and moving on, you continue to harp on it. People are calling you out because it is a VERY small thing that you seem to refuse to let go of and let the thread move on. Just let it go.

Right...I'm nailing myself to a cross...claiming to be a victim...while you KEEP ON BASHING ME. I love it...so now, after a full day of harrassing me instea dof talking about the show...the new tactic is to bash me for daring to point out that you've spent all day bashing me. I guess we'll spend the next 24 hours arguing about whether or not you guys keep talking about me...as you make post after post after post bashing me...with claims that I'm falsely accusing you of bashing me.

For the love of god...you claim to have blocked me, I HAVEN'T blocked you...yet ALL YOU DO is bash me. TALK ABOUT THE FREAKING SHOW! I know...I'm a very interesting guy...but STOP TALKING ABOUT ME.

This is absurd...if the point is to talk about the show...why am I the only one who wants to talk about the show?

Heretic, you're not a victim. You simply see something as a problem that no one else here sees as a problem, and instead of accepting that disagreement and moving on, you continue to harp on it. People are calling you out because it is a VERY small thing that you seem to refuse to let go of and let the thread move on. Just let it go.

Wait...I thought everyone agreed that it was a contradiction? Now you're saying that NO ONE but me sees it as a contradiction??

That's weird...how can everyone agree with me...yet no one agree with me??? You guys can't have it both ways, and then accuse me of trolling. Everyone agrees that its an issue, but no one agrees that its an issue and yet you wonder why I'm STILL baffled about the thinking???

See...I want you to realize this...WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ISSUE YOU CLAIM I'M OBSESSED WITH. We are talking about ME.

Seriously guys...this show had a lot of good aspects and a few bad ones...and the great thing is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's start talking about the show instead of talking about me!

(This) ^^

(And the fact he twists everything to an extreme exaggeration. To the point of an argument about nothing

Edit: as you can see, he's now doing it with you

By the way...does anyone think we'll be seeing the main villain henchman (the guy with the burned hand) again? He was the one guy who was a real physical threat. I didn't catch his name on the show...so I don't know if he's a comic character or not.

(This) ^^

(And the fact he twists everything to an extreme exaggeration. To the point of an argument about nothing

Edit: as you can see, he's now doing it with you

Lets talk about Agent Carter instead of me.

Wait...I thought everyone agreed that it was a contradiction? Now you're saying that NO ONE but me sees it as a contradiction??

That's weird...how can everyone agree with me...yet no one agree with me??? You guys can't have it both ways, and then accuse me of trolling. Everyone agrees that its an issue, but no one agrees that its an issue and yet you wonder why I'm STILL baffled about the thinking???

See...I want you to realize this...WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS ISSUE YOU CLAIM I'M OBSESSED WITH. We are talking about ME.

Seriously guys...this show had a lot of good aspects and a few bad ones...and the great thing is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. Let's start talking about the show instead of talking about me!
I said no one sees it as a problem - as in something that hurts the show or is even worth talking about. Some might see it as a contradiction and some might not - I don't care, and what seems to be universal here is that no one else here does either...except you. So let's take your advice and talk about the show. Something else about the show.

So by your cue - the villain/henchman guy? Yeah, I'd be shocked if we didn't see him again.

I'm actually wondering if they're gonna bring the Inhumans into this at all, since we already know the SSR has a Kree corpse they collected from the war and the tesseract, so it's not like they're oblivious to the existence of aliens the otherworldly threats. I could imagine the introduction of an Inhuman character at some point might be used to tie back to AoS.

I thought it was brilliant, the tone kinda reminded me of The Rocketeer and Hayley Attwell just grabs the screen with her charisma, there are looks and talent needed to hold this type of show, but charisma for a lead tops it all and she has it in spades!.

The mix of action, intrigue, period and humour was really well balanced IMO, just the oldschool espionage, the evil agents with their voice-boxes removed, the whole pulp adventure of it completely won me over, and I think the choice of story is a good one, as was the way they played the aftermath of Cap's death.

On a side note, great to see Lindsy Fonseca get another good role. :)

I'm actually wondering if they're gonna bring the Inhumans into this at all, since we already know the SSR has a Kree corpse they collected from the war and the tesseract, so it's not like they're oblivious to the existence of aliens the otherworldly threats. I could imagine the introduction of an Inhuman character at some point might be used to tie back to AoS.

Im not sure what they will do or expand on. We are 2 episodes in, and only 6 more to go. Not a whole lot can cram into 6 episodes. In addition to the main story arch

I said no one sees it as a problem - as in something that hurts the show or is even worth talking about. Some might see it as a contradiction and some might not - I don't care, and what seems to be universal here is that no one else here does either...except you. So let's take your advice and talk about the show. Something else about the show.

So by your cue - the villain/henchman guy? Yeah, I'd be shocked if we didn't see him again.

Well...first...I have said ALL ALONG...that many people might view the contradiction as no big deal and easy to kind of figure out a way around. In fact, I even figured out a No Prize way of my own around the issue early this afternoon and stopped caring about the issue because I had No Prized myself on the conflict. So..we really shouldn't even be talking about how it's not a big deal or that people are okay with it because even I have talked myself around it (but still think Marvel should address it). I've agreed with that literally the entire time...yet people keep accusing me of demanding that everyone see it as a big deal. Nope. That has NEVER been my point. If you agree that it exists as a potential issue that might need to be addressed in some way, then we have no disagreement AT ALL...regardless of whether you think its a big deal or a small deal. The ONLY reason why this is being discussed is because people can not accept the fact that I dared to mention that the show had a continuity problem. If people could just accept the fact that there APPEARS...AT THE MOMENT...to be a (tiny or large or somewhere in between) conflict between the One Shot and the show...then this conversation would end. But they CANT accept that. They WILL continue to bash me. Because this has never been about continuity...its about the fact that I criticized the show.

We are literally like 2 posts away from someone else claiming that I'm demanding that everyone see this as a big deal and bashing me for it. I simply ask that person to read what I stated above and many times before that.

But back to the topic of the show (people can start a forum for me if they really want to keep talking about me)...

Regarding the stuff you mentioned...if they have the dead Kree, then they have the Diviner. to deal with Inhuman stuff..so theoretically it could be one of the missing weapons of Stark's (though, I think it's kind of implied that the weapons are his inventions). I think it's likely that this series will stay on point...which is the missing weapons.

My personal opinion is that Leviathan is a poor man's Hydra, and are just being used as a side issue. I think the main threat will be Aries/Zodiac...but others have suggested the Serpent Society (who do have a connection to the head of Roxxon Oil). I think that it's possible...likely even...that the arc reactor is in play...to tie the show in to Iron Man 2. So, Anton Vanko would at some point be exposed as being involved. Heck, we saw in the first episode how twisty this mystery is and how there are people involved that really don't care, people involved for the cash, and two different forces involved for their own gain...so expect a wild ride with reveals.

I thought it was brilliant, the tone kinda reminded me of The Rocketeer and Hayley Attwell just grabs the screen with her charisma, there are looks and talent needed to hold this type of show, but charisma for a lead tops it all and she has it in spades!

Hayley is AMAZING. If she doesn't become a huge star then there is something dreadfully wrong with the world.

Im not sure what they will do or expand on. We are 2 episodes in, and only 6 more to go. Not a whole lot can cram into 6 episodes. In addition to the main story arch
True, but based on these 1st two eps, they seem capable of cramming quite a bit into each.

Well...first...I have said ALL ALONG...that many people might view the contradiction as no big deal and easy to kind of figure out a way around. In fact, I even figured out a No Prize way of my own around the issue early this afternoon and stopped caring about the issue because I had No Prized myself on the conflict. So..we really shouldn't even be talking about how it's not a big deal or that people are okay with it because even I have talked myself around it (but still think Marvel should address it). I've agreed with that literally the entire time...yet people keep accusing me of demanding that everyone see it as a big deal. Nope. That has NEVER been my point. If you agree that it exists as a potential issue that might need to be addressed in some way, then we have no disagreement AT ALL...regardless of whether you think its a big deal or a small deal. The ONLY reason why this is being discussed is because people can not accept the fact that I dared to mention that the show had a continuity problem. If people could just accept the fact that there APPEARS...AT THE MOMENT...to be a (tiny or large or somewhere in between) conflict between the One Shot and the show...then this conversation would end. But they CANT accept that. They WILL continue to bash me. Because this has never been about continuity...its about the fact that I criticized the show.

We are literally like 2 posts away from someone else claiming that I'm demanding that everyone see this as a big deal and bashing me for it. I simply ask that person to read what I stated above and many times before that.
You've said your peace. I suggest we all leave it at that.

But back to the topic of the show (people can start a forum for me if they really want to keep talking about me)...

Regarding the stuff you mentioned...if they have the dead Kree, then they have the Diviner. to deal with Inhuman stuff..so theoretically it could be one of the missing weapons of Stark's (though, I think it's kind of implied that the weapons are his inventions). I think it's likely that this series will stay on point...which is the missing weapons.

My personal opinion is that Leviathan is a poor man's Hydra, and are just being used as a side issue. I think the main threat will be Aries/Zodiac...but others have suggested the Serpent Society (who do have a connection to the head of Roxxon Oil). I think that it's possible...likely even...that the arc reactor is in play...to tie the show in to Iron Man 2. So, Anton Vanko would at some point be exposed as being involved. Heck, we saw in the first episode how twisty this mystery is and how there are people involved that really don't care, people involved for the cash, and two different forces involved for their own gain...so expect a wild ride with reveals.
I'm not sure what to make of Leviathan at the moment, but I do expect to see Vanko's betrayal here at some point. Seems like the perfect opportunity to get into that. And if he's NOT one of Roxxon's "inside men" at Stark Industries, I'll be more than a little surprised.

I thought it was brilliant, the tone kinda reminded me of The Rocketeer and Hayley Attwell just grabs the screen with her charisma, there are looks and talent needed to hold this type of show, but charisma for a lead tops it all and she has it in spades!.
I honestly think this is a breakout moment for her. Which seems weird to say given she started playing this role 4 years ago, but that was as second fiddle - this is as the main event. Even if the show doesn't prove super-successful in the ratings, I think it's gonna do wonders for her career because Hollywood casting directors are gonna take notice of this one. Kinda like they did with Jennifer Garner in Alias. I'd bet good money we're gonna see her in a lot more high profile projects outside of Marvel after this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"