The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably one of the cooler moments with the Iron Fist powers.

tumblr_oum8x9UYia1ui45hlo2_540.gif

It looks a little Stretch Armstrong when he hits th sword.

I'm legitimately excited for Danny, based off this trailer.

Which would be a sad state of affairs if he's only made somewhat decent through a show that's not even his. I mean, at least Black Widow and Hawkeye had moments to shine, however brief, before getting more prominence in The Avengers.

Well to be fair, Black Widow wasn't really that popular when she first debuted in "Iron Man 2" as far as I remember. She only became popular when she showed up in the first Avengers film and eventually hit its peak in Winter Soldier.

Well, sure, though I'm not saying she was a big thing at the time of Iron Man 2- I'm saying she left a better impression with what screen time she had and didn't have to wait for an ensemble piece for a moment to shine.

Please say all 8 episodes are 60 minutes long. I don't want any of this 48 mins crap.

Excited for Iron Fist in this one. I saw more Danny Rand in that first bit in the trailer than the one in his show.

I really hope that they got a bigger budget for this series. I mean considering all of the characters that they have involved along with the threat that they're going up against, it's hard to think that they could make this all work with the regular small budget that they've been given for the solo defenders's shows.

Seeing it in slow motion like makes the choreography look a bit weird. What exactly is Elektra aiming for with the sword?
Is it Matt's head? Is it Danny himself or is she aiming specifically at his hand?

I really hope that they got a bigger budget for this series. I mean considering all of the characters that they have involved along with the threat that they're going up against, it's hard to think that they could make this all work with the regular small budget that they've been given for the solo defenders's shows.

I agree. They def had to open their purses to pay for Weaver.

Seeing it in slow motion like makes the choreography look a bit weird. What exactly is Elektra aiming for with the sword?
Is it Matt's head? Is it Danny himself or is she aiming specifically at his hand?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Like if she was aiming for Matt's head, she def overshot it. But then, why was Matt on the floor in such a position.

Not hard to do, since we've only seen him use the Iron Fist like, 3 times. :o

Heh, it certainly felt like it. I mean, technically he used it about once an episode, but. . . so many of the uses were kind of generic and colorless "punch opponent, they fly back". They were neither dramatic nor stylish.

Honestly, my favorite iron fist usage was a somewhat lower key one, during his initial fight with the Axe Gang. Specifically, when he held open the elevator, the one mook aimed to chop off his hand, and Danny fist-ed up causing the axe to shatter. It was low key, but it was creative and dramatic.

Well, sure, though I'm not saying she was a big thing at the time of Iron Man 2- I'm saying she left a better impression with what screen time she had and didn't have to wait for an ensemble piece for a moment to shine.

Yeah. She was a supporting role, but she got to actually do stuff in that role, which mattered. It was a kind of flat role, but hey, she was supposed to be a super spy, that's forgivable in such. So, following Iron Man 2, the average viewer was left going "Hey, the Black Widow was kind of neat".

As opposed to Danny Rand, where he had an entire 13 episode show that left most of the audience going "Meh. When can we get back to Ward Meachum and his family drama?"

Please say all 8 episodes are 60 minutes long. I don't want any of this 48 mins crap.

Well, I can't say it for a fact, but the Netflix shows average well over that. Some quick scanning, and I see episode lengths ranging from 46 to 66 minutes, with the majority being between 52 and 58 minutes. I imagine Defenders will stick with that trend.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Like if she was aiming for Matt's head, she def overshot it. But then, why was Matt on the floor in such a position.

Yeah it def looks a bit weird. I guess we'll see in the full scene what's exactly going on.

Looks to me like she knows Danny is throwing a punch so is just trying to slice/injure his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"