The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Man, I wish they would just go straight to Defenders Vol. 2, than go back to those solo series which are just gonna be longer in Iength.
I'd gladly have Punisher in his own series before season 2 of Defenders.

I could cope with the next season being longer.

Yes please let the next season be longer. It really felt like certain characters got the short end of the stick in this show and that could have been easily fixed with more episodes. I'd gladly take The Punisher series though if I had choose which one I wanted to see more.

Punisher before Defenders 2 is cool. I really want to see that too and as long as the wait for Defenders 2 isn't too long I don't mind getting other series in between.

I love that Jessica acknowledges how ridiculous that everyone knows karate but her.

I agree. I wish this was 10 episodes. 8 felt too short and kinda rushed.

Great action sequences and so much arguing among all 4

I guess the fighting skills followed the storyline as we saw Matt and IF go head to head and it seemed Matt was a much better fighter.

Thought 8 episodes would be too short when I first heard about it and it was.

Thought 8 episodes would be too short when I first heard about it and it was.

I wanted to see more from these 4. The chemistry is truly incredible.

I kinda wish we saw a scene between Claire and Matt.

and of course Claire and Jessica.

I wanted to see more from these 4. The chemistry is truly incredible.

I kinda wish we saw a scene between Claire and Matt.

and of course Claire and Jessica.
More of everything, thanks. ;)

I'm the Iron Fist, but I hardly every f'ing use the actual iron fist when fighting except for a few seconds and then bloop, power it off.

Anyone else find that annoying? Doesn't Rand in the comics use the bloody thing quite frequently? Is it that hard to light up for Danny?

Also, Jessica is superpowered but it doesn't seem to really show that much in the fights?

Last edited:
I was more annoyed by the constant back and forth about Kun'Lun and what they didn't teach him.

I thought the ep count was right. The Hand are the kind of villains that can't sustain more eps.

Last edited:
I thought 8 episodes was fine. Some of the stuff in the first half felt a little slow, but then the last two episodes rushed a little. They could've balanced the episodes better, but the count was okay to me.

Can we safely assume that after the Punisher, we'll get the same order as previous series for the next phase?

DDS3
JJS2
DDS4
LCS2
IFS2
DS2

Personally, I'd like to see DD take a break after season 3 and introduce another series or give us Punisher's second season.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd put it behind DDS1 and JJ for quality and consistency, and right behind DDS1 for how much I like it.

Yeah I don't get why people think the episode count was too little. They wasted so much time on side characters

The side characters aren't a waste of time to me at all.

I actually wanted more interactions from the side characters like Foggy, Trish, and Karen. :oldrazz:

So in the Avengers did you guys want to see a bunch of interactions with Rhodey, Sam, Pepper, Jane, etc.?

I want to see the Defenders and then you gotta have the villains. The side characters are cool, but I didn't feel the need to waste time with them. Especially when the pacing wasn't great to begin

I'm the Iron Fist, but I hardly every f'ing use the actual iron fist when fighting except for a few seconds and then bloop, power it off.

Anyone else find that annoying? Doesn't Rand in the comics use the bloody thing quite frequently? Is it that hard to light up for Danny?

Also, Jessica is superpowered but it doesn't seem to really show that much in the fights?

I totally agree. He'd use it for like 5 seconds. WTF kinda ability is it when it disappears after the opening move. I was also annoyed by how he constantly looks and amazed at it. Like waiting for it to turn on or off.

I think it's the producers not having the budget to realistically show her and Luke opening up a can of W/A on everyone. Plus Ritter doesn't have the muscle mass to do some of those action scenes realistically.

I actually wanted more interactions from the side characters like Foggy, Trish, and Karen. :oldrazz:

I was actually surprised we got as much of them as we did. I honestly thought they'd only be in episode 1 and maybe the finale.

Can we safely assume that after the Punisher, we'll get the same order as previous series for the next phase?

DDS3
JJS2
DDS4
LCS2
IFS2
DS2

Personally, I'd like to see DD take a break after season 3 and introduce another series or give us Punisher's second season.

We're getting Jessica Jones in early 2018. Luke Cage in mid 2018. DD season 3 in late 2018. Iron Fist in early 2019. Though DD and IF will be filming at the same time, so maybe we get both in late 2018.

You wanna know who I want to see imported from film to Netflix? Ant-Man. He will be the easiest to transfer between the two mediums, they won't really need to show him down in size or shrink.

So in the Avengers did you guys want to see a bunch of interactions with Rhodey, Sam, Pepper, Jane, etc.?

My favorite 5 minutes in the Avengers movie (which had lots of scenes I also liked) was the 'Thin Man'-esque banter between Tony and Pepper (and Coulson) at the beginning.

So yeah, definitely more 'lower decks' focus on characters like Trish, Claire, Colleen and Misty (who could make an ass-kicking Daughters of the Dragon, if Netflix wanted to go there. Elektra's probably not likely to be welcome in that group, and Karen's just annoying, judgmental and prone to charging in and getting in over her head, and that's never useful, except to move the plot forward.) Oh, and there's dude NPCs, I suppose. Stick, Malcolm, Ward not-appearing-in-this-picture Meachum, Davos, Officer 'Nuke' Roidrage who I don't care enough about to look up the name of.. I'm not as interested in seeing a spin-off for the dudes. :)

Misty, in particular, got sidelined pretty hard, and her career was effectively destroyed by the whole patronizing 'it's better if you don't know...' garbage that, as it pretty much always does, only put her in even more danger than if she'd known what sort of forces she was up against.

Not at first. Originally he could only use the Iron Fist ability like once a day. Over time he could use it more and more and started hitting harder and harder. His chi manipulation could increase his speed and durability as well in the comics but I don't know if they will go into that in the tv series. If they did he would overpowered compared to the rest of the team. Hopefully they atleast start to make both his fists glow in S2. One fist looks odd to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"