The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Yeah, it really snuck up on me. Love that though. It made the waiting easier.

KevTravels said:
BTW how big do you think this is going to be? The biggest ever in Netflix history maybe? Ratings wise I mean.

No idea, but it'll definitely be up there. I just hope their servers don't crash so I can watch it Friday night.

I was going to watch four episodes Friday night and then the other four on Saturday. However, my parents just asked me to go to lunch on Saturday (three hours away) and I can't think of an excuse, so I guess I'm starting Saturday night...

I stupidly talked myself into working 3 hours on Friday so I'm wondering if i should watch before I leave for work or simply binge it all when I return.

No idea, but it'll definitely be up there. I just hope their servers don't crash so I can watch it Friday night.
This is partially why I intend to stay up and binge it all at once (since it's fewer episodes than the other shows) and be done before noon on Friday. Miss the rush. :woot:

I mostly work from home nowadays and Friday won't be an exception. My main monitor is a 40-inch 4K TV.

Guess what will be glowing out of that monitor for most of Friday? :sly:

Oh ****.... maybe I need to upgrade my Netflix account to the 4k option. I've got a 4K TV and a pretty good internet speed.

I remember 9 months ago reading that it had started production simultaneously as the Punisher. Felt like it was going to be forever.

Also I can recall when Daredevil dropped like over 2 years ago and I thought it was a single event. Then JJ dropped and I was hooked. Amazing really what they've brought us.

I think something like OITNB might be more popular outside of US.

From my anecdotal experience, it's the contrary (Italy, Germany, Korea).
OITNB is a lot more "American", if it is even possible when comparing with superheroes.

Seems like all the other shows had way more hype on the day before release on the boards.

The hype has seemed less busy overall these past few days.

Other benefit of 8 episodes, besides the writing; I can get through this all in one night. They always drop at 6:00 pm here and I feel... obliged, to get through the whole thing.

13 episodes, or just each series since Jessica Jones have taken me to 8:00 am which has absolutely killed me (and it didn't help that the last half of episodes of Luke Cage & Iron Fist dragged so much, I was falling asleep because of that). I should wrap Defenders up around 2-3, thankfully.

From my anecdotal experience, it's the contrary (Italy, Germany, Korea).
OITNB is a lot more "American", if it is even possible when comparing with superheroes.

Interesting. I did not anticipate an opposite feeling from mine. Goes to show that anecdotal experiences are all over the place.

Still, I'm not sensing record breaking levels of hype.

Interesting. I did not anticipate an opposite feeling from mine. Goes to show that anecdotal experiences are all over the place.

Still, I'm not sensing record breaking levels of hype.

Yeah, the hype and the Hype are not where I expected.
Let's hope it is a sleeper hit, we never really know for sure with Netflix anyway.

On how well this will do. I think it will be the #1 Netflix first week or month, or however we measure it until October. Because Stranger Things 2 is probably going to destroy everything.

All I know, is I can't wait to get off of work Friday afternoon.

Yeah, the hype and the Hype are not where I expected.
Let's hope it is a sleeper hit, we never really know for sure with Netflix anyway.

Given how well each show has done individually thus far in terms of viewership, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about in terms of hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"