Jessica Jones Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I don't get the whole complaint that the shows and movies don't always look or feel like they exist together when you can literally see it in everyday life. Some parts of a city are new and shiny and important while other parts are dirty, sketchy and always have this air of eeriness. Sometimes they are only a block away. And when you visit different parts of the world it's even more noticable. Here in Northern Ireland the whole country right now is just dark and cold and gloomy while in L.A it's likely bright, sunny and busy.

The MCU only heightens these aspects really.

Exactly. People complaining about how these shows don't "fit with the rest of the MCU" boggles my mind. It's called the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" for a reason.

This is probably one of the best arguments in favor of the MCU way of doing different films and shows that I have read in quite a while:

http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/jessica-jones-and-the-avengers.php

Enjoy! This lady knows her stuff.

Good read, I agree with her wholeheartedly.
You know, I've heard people praise the approach of having TV shows and movies separate for various reasons and I get it, but JJ and DD have proved beyond a doubt that you can connect the two and still have every product stand tall. The only exception to this is maybe AoS, but I'll be perfectly frank: I don't care to see an AoS show unless it is connected to the MCU, much like I'm not interested in a Krypton show unless it is connected to the DCEU.

Luke never wore a costume.

He had a make shift one with the yellow disco shirt and tiara and chain belt. And he only wore that ridiculous get up so as to make his own brand stand out since he was the first superhero to get the idea to make it his full time job and as a way to earn a living.

He had a make shift one with the yellow disco shirt and tiara and chain belt. And he only wore that ridiculous get up so as to make his own brand stand out since he was the first superhero to get the idea to make it his full time job and as a way to earn a living.
Not what I'd call a costume.
More like a self designed uniform for his office.

I have to bump Loki down to #3 of my top MCU villains, behind Fisk and Kilgrave.

Daredevil needed a armoured lightweight costume because he was getting shredded to pieces in fights.

Costumes aren't Jessica's thing.

Luke isn't a hero for hire yet and his costume was always more of a marketing gimmick. Cage didn't wear it for protection or to conceal his identity.

Danny's outfit is the ceremonial garb of the Iron Fist.

Loki, Fisk and Killgrave all come across as man children in a way. Each of them are like adolescents in the body of grown men.

Hi.

Which is what happens in the MCU. Clint Barton and Natasha's costumes are basically personalized SHIELD uniforms. Luke Cage dresses up when he needs to be Power Man, usually when he operates in teams.

Ralph

That they are not her thing is why she needs one. She has no need of a costume when she's Jessica Jones PI. In fact if she wore one it would be ridicules. However if she's working as part of a team, the Defenders its a different matter. there's no indication she wants to be known as the super powered detective, that just brings unnecessary attention to her and would also endanger her team mates. It makes sense for her to operate as Jewel (or Knightress or whatever) .

Ralph

Daredevil needed a armoured lightweight costume because he was getting shredded to pieces in fights.

Costumes aren't Jessica's thing.

Luke isn't a hero for hire yet and his costume was always more of a marketing gimmick. Cage didn't wear it for protection or to conceal his identity.

Danny's outfit is the ceremonial garb of the Iron Fist.

Were there any hints from TPTB on when Season 2 is expected? I read one article and it doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

Were there any hints from TPTB on when Season 2 is expected? I read one article and it doesn't seem to be anytime soon.
Nope. But seems that for the time being Marvel is filming no more than two shows at the same. Once JJ finished they immediate started filming Luke Cage. Daredevil season 2 is also currently filming, I feel once that wraps up (proably for an April release) Iron Fist would be next, so when Luke Cage is finished I would expect JJ season 2 to start filming.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to keep the premieres on a yearly schedule, so my best guess as to when Jessica Jones season 2 will premiere is, this time next new year.

They haven't announced a 2nd season. DD's was announced (not including a date) about a week-and-half after its release, so hopefully we'll get something similar here.

Nope. But seems that for the time being Marvel is filming no more than two shows at the same. Once JJ finished they immediate started filming Luke Cage. Daredevil season 2 is also currently filming, I feel once that wraps up (proably for an April release) Iron Fist would be next, so when Luke Cage is finished I would expect JJ season 2 to start filming.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to keep the premieres on a yearly schedule, so my best guess as to when Jessica Jones season 2 will premiere is, this time next new year.

They haven't announced a 2nd season. DD's was announced (not including a date) about a week-and-half after its release, so hopefully we'll get something similar here.

Thanks guys! I can't wait to hear more details about the next one! :up:

I hope she at least makes an appearance or two or we hear mentions of her at at LC.

That they are not her thing is why she needs one. She has no need of a costume when she's Jessica Jones PI. In fact if she wore one it would be ridicules. However if she's working as part of a team, the Defenders its a different matter. there's no indication she wants to be known as the super powered detective, that just brings unnecessary attention to her and would also endanger her team mates. It makes sense for her to operate as Jewel (or Knightress or whatever) .

Ralph

Her teammates can handle themselves, and no it's not all that different. She doesn't like the idea of a costume, and that wouldn't change just by virtue of being on a team. Really it comes across as "well she needs one, because she on a superhero team and they all need them." And no, whether or not they have one should depend on the particular character.

Jessica don't care about Cage. she only used him to feel better. Cage should get with Claire Temple, she would respect Cage. Cage can also give her what Daredevil can't real love.

^ Jessica had sex with Cage the first time and saw his wife picture, throw up knowing it was wrong, if she cares about cage she would have told him Killgrave made her kill his wife before she had sex with him 2 more times. Jessica is not a good person. I want Jessica and Cage together but if she going to treat Cage like trash why should he be with her?

^ Jessica had sex with Cage the first time and saw his wife picture, throw up knowing it was wrong, if she cares about cage she would have told him Killgrave made her kill his wife before she had sex with him 2 more times. Jessica is not a good person. I want Jessica and Cage together but if she going to treat Cage like trash why should he be with her?

JJ brought up a hypothetical about a person who could control minds, but he never believed her until he was controlled himself. What was Luke supposed to believe, that she's a murderer? No, so she kept it to herself.

Last edited:

1. All superhero "costumes" are (to some degree or another) uniforms.

2. He wore blue tights,yellow pirate boots,a metal head band,a chain belt,and metal wrist bands. All of that "screamed" superhero uniform/costume. The only part of his costume/uniform that didn't scream superhero was his yellow shirt.

2634831-tumblr_mayft3v5do1qiknbco1_1280.jpg

I'm up to ep 11 and LOVE this show. I hope we see more Luke/Jess interaction in Luke Cage

1. All superhero "costumes" are (to some degree or another) uniforms.

2. He wore blue tights,yellow pirate boots,a metal head band,a chain belt,and metal wrist bands. All of that "screamed" superhero uniform/costume. The only part of his costume/uniform that didn't scream superhero was his yellow shirt.

2634831-tumblr_mayft3v5do1qiknbco1_1280.jpg

Comics use costumes for heroes to make them easily recognisable. Tv you don't have to as we can recognise the actors. MCU has good reasons for the heroes to wear costumes. Thor is his native dress. Cap was a symbol before a hero in the war. Iron man it's armour as is daredevil. There is really no need (at this point) for jj or lc to wear a costume. It might change but i doubt it.

Luke Cage's costume was also plot-relevant in the comics (more so than any other character). Even Luke thought it was dumb, but it was a way to drum up business as a Hero for Hire. People expected superheroes to have costumes, so he wore a costume so people would hire him. Given that, I'd like to see it if they go the hero for hire route, but only if they go that route. And have them acknowledge it in exactly the same way.

JJ brought up a hypothetical about a person who could control minds, but he never believed her until he was controlled himself. What was Luke supposed to believe, that she's a murderer? No, so she kept it to herself.
That was after she had her fun with Cage. First she was never going to tell him. she only told him because he was going to kill a man. Cage was not mad she killed his wife he was mad she make him feel he would get passed it.

you know , only one problem with this show : this is a world and a city where a giant green monster and a norse god fought aliens and ****ed up the whole city and you're telling me all these little dip****s can't suspend their disbelief in ****ing MIND CONTROL ?!?!?! **** outta here...

you know , only one problem with this show : this is a world and a city where a giant green monster and a norse god fought aliens and ****ed up the whole city and you're telling me all these little dip****s can't suspend their disbelief in ****ing MIND CONTROL ?!?!?! **** outta here...

that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"