• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear Renner or Joss comment on the rumor. Just for some clarification that he's most likely not going anywhere.. and I'd personally be upset if he did, I like Hawkeye and I enjoyed Renner portraying him.

Everything about that rumor sounds made up.

It's just more ****-stirring along the lines of the Deadline contracts article. CBM thinks they'll get more hits if they run a story saying Renner is unhappy and won't be back. Since they lack any actual scoops manufactured rumors are all they have to go with.

I think Joss has said that that was the only way he could find something for Hawkeye to do

People please, do you realize the source of this rumor is a random person on CBM? And that person's source is just the interview with Jeremy Renner? It's pure speculation being paraded around as a rumor.

give people an inch, they take it a mile :D ( I think that's the quote hehe )

making mountains out of mole hills might work better?

We're in the after-trailer slump. Something's gotta fill our time. :oldrazz:

I just hope they write Hawkeye more like.....you know....Hawkeye in the next one. You know, smart ass Hot Dog with a chip on his shoulder and a real problem with Authority. :o

I hope they include something like in one of the recent issues of his ongoing.

Spidey is ragging on him for always practicing and never having fun and Hawkeye yells "Don't you understand, I HAVE to be the best. I'm on a team with gods and super-soldiers, all I am is a guy with a bow. If I'm not the best then what good am I to them!"

Or something to that effect :D

yes^^

I just hope they write Hawkeye more like.....you know....Hawkeye in the next one. You know, smart ass Hot Dog with a chip on his shoulder and a real problem with Authority. :o

and yes as well, they showed it very, very little in Avengers as to what type of character he is and can be. I loved the Avengers:EMH version of him and I think it's why I enjoyed the snippets of him in Avengers as well. Want to see cocky, hothead, but also dead eye accurate, smart, and good teammate Hawkeye

Am I the only one who enjoyed both Hawkeye's portrayal and character arc in The Avengers, brainwashing and all? I thought it really showcased just how destructive a 'dude with a few trick arrows' can be. While MCU Hawkeye's personality didn't fit the Hawkeye we know from the comics and A:EMH, that was perfectly OK with me. Non-stop sarcastic quips and one-liners is MCU Tony Stark's shtick. Having two Avengers trying to constantly out-quip each other would've been a little tedious. I can empathize with the Hawkeye fans out there that wanted a more comic-accurate portrayal, but this worked just fine for me.

I'm not saying Renner won't get re-cast, I'm saying this rumor as a whole isn't true. The report stated that Hawkeye isn't apart of the Phase 2 plans, which is the reason they'd be recasting him and putting him on Agents of SHIELD... BUT, Hawkeye most certainly is in the phase 2 plans and is a "core" member of The Avengers 2. Also, I doubt Joss would recast the role just to put Hawkeye on his TV show considering he's the one who cast Renner in the first place.

Everything about that rumor sounds made up.
To be fair, I think Marvel was in the process of casting Renner in late 2009 before Joss came onboard as the Avengers director in April 2010.

But I agree with you, Whedon would want Renner back rather than recast the part.

Am I the only one who enjoyed both Hawkeye's portrayal and character arc in The Avengers, brainwashing and all? I thought it really showcased just how destructive a 'dude with a few trick arrows' can be. While MCU Hawkeye's personality didn't fit the Hawkeye we know from the comics and A:EMH, that was perfectly OK with me. Non-stop sarcastic quips and one-liners is MCU Tony Stark's shtick. Having two Avengers trying to constantly out-quip each other would've been a little tedious. I can empathize with the Hawkeye fans out there that wanted a more comic-accurate portrayal, but this worked just fine for me.
I totally agree with you :up:

Hawkeye's personality fit in with 616 Hawkeye in my opinion, he made plenty of smartass quips. It just wasn't overly silly like in EMH.

Yea, I don't think this is true (Renner being recast) also, the article comparing his justified complaints with Hugo Weaving's disappointing reluctance to return doesn't sit right with me. Renner wanted more to do and I highly doubt Marvel would ditch him for that. He didn't burn any bridges with his statements. I do hope all of the cast returns.

I'd love for Renner to pop up on the show as Hawkeye. I don't like Hawkeye being a SHIELD agent, but this show presents a great opportunity to see him break away from SHIELD and be his own man.

If it's not Renner, though, I would probably care about half as much as I would have if he stayed on.

Pure speculation, but could the September 4, 2013 date seen on this badge potentially be the series premier date?

ku-medium_zps0e519ea6.jpg

Her twin sisters will be so proud of her :cwink:

I will say this, and I know it's an unpopular view, but there were too many laughs in Avengers. It made it impossible to take things seriously. I don't think I've seen a comedy that got more laughs than that movie. Which is great, in the sense that the writers made good jokes, I just thought it was too much. I just couldn't take Loki seriously.

Compare to say Iron Man (1), where there were serious parts, where it did feel like the character's life was at stake. Or tense scenes with Stane.

Still, that clip of the Hulk "fighting" Loki does always make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"