The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, do you prefer swinging in SM2 or SM3?

I agree, Spider-Man 2 had the best swinging mechanics. Spider-Man 3 didn't feature that fluid of web-swinging in my opinion. I think the reasoning is because they went a little over board with the automated web-slinging animations.

It doesn't allow for a good flow from an aesthetics point. Here's hoping the new system in Amazing Spider-Man pays a little more homage to Spider-Man 2's mechanics. Those, to this day, still have yet to be beaten. And I honestly don't understand how they haven't. With all this next generation technology, you think someone would have nailed a better system. I'm hoping Beenox will be that developer.

Though to be fair i dont think we're ever gonna be fully satisfied with any webswinging mechanic beyond the one we see in our heads

(mine being how i pictured the webswinging would look when i bought spider-man 2: enter electro)

Though to be fair i dont think we're ever gonna be fully satisfied with any webswinging mechanic beyond the one we see in our heads

(mine being how i pictured the webswinging would look when i bought spider-man 2: enter electro)

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. :D

OK, he's starting now.

"OK, here comes a stream of info on The Amazing Spider-Man game by Beenox! Feel free to retweet anything you find interesting!"

"First some answers to the most frequently asked questions..."

here we go
We have not announced any VO actors for The Amazing Spider-Man just yet but we have some fan favorites in there no worries
The Amazing Spider-Man will feature several additional "skins" which will include some that have never made it before
We redid Manhattan for ASM and we believe we have found a good balance between realism and gameplay
^^that one was wrote in french
Why Amazing? web swing experience is just incredible, Manhattan, the Web Rush, Combat & Stealth
Pre-order bonuses and DLC (yes, there will be DLC!) will be announced later, can't be more precise
Thanks! In your apartment, you can revisit any indoor level you've previously been to to complete it at 100% (unlock cool stuff)
We're not yet at the launch party - we're focusing on squeezing in as much cool stuff as possible until launch on 6/26!
What I can say is that I'm confident that this can revolutionize the way gamers think about so called "movie games"
The Amazing Spider-Man has been developed to be an AWESOME game on its own, not a "movie game"That's why we've set the story after the movie
Photography will be part of The Amazing Spider-Man, yes! You have photo missions, clues to find in levels, in Manhattan - Photography (continued): it will allow you to unlock bios of enemies, concept art, and all sort of cool stuff
Photography (continued2): finally, you can take photos at will just for fun of anything and save them in a virtual photo album

Last edited:
"We have not announced any VO actors for The Amazing Spider-Man just yet but we have some fan favorites in there no worries"

"The Amazing Spider-Man will feature several additional "skins" which will include some that have never made it before"

Thwip, this place ain't big enough for the both of us!

"Nous avons refait Manhattan pour ASM et nous croyons avoir trouvé une bonne balance entre réalisme et gameplay"

lol someone translate?

"We redid Manhattan for ASM and we believe we have found a good balance between realism and gameplay"

This is what Google translate translated it as. Makes sense.

"Pre-order bonuses and DLC (yes, there will be DLC!) will be announced later, can't be more precise"

"Thanks! In your apartment, you can revisit any indoor level you've previously been to to complete it at 100% (unlock cool stuff)"

Damn, he isn't holding back with some of these questions. haha

That's awesome!

"We're not yet at the launch party - we're focusing on squeezing in as much cool stuff as possible until launch on 6/26!"

I'm loving these answers! :D

EDIT: "The Amazing Spider-Man has been developed to be an AWESOME game on its own, not a "movie game"That's why we've set the story after the movie"

Dee is awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"