Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

Im not usually a fan of Stealth suits but this is one that actually makes sense. The deeper you are in the ocean the darker it gets, so it makes sense not to wear a bright green and orange suit on covert missions.

Im not usually a fan of Stealth suits but this is one that actually makes sense. The deeper you are in the ocean the darker it gets, so it makes sense not to wear a bright green and orange suit on covert missions.
I am actually curious to see how it looks under “water” rather than in the setting of that promo pic.

I'm definitely getting Sea King vibes from that suit, much more so than the 80's blue suit.
He really needs to lose the hand in this one...

Sea_King.jpg

Sea_King.jpg Sea_King.jpg

I like this new suit a lot more than the corn cob suit. I just wish that it had more tribal designs like the Snyder suits.

Liking the stealth suit, has a nice style to it.

E-iMOTgXEAQ74dY
Here’s @prideofgypsies in the classic #Aquaman suit AND a sneak peek at his other outfit — the stealth suit. Atlantean tech based on cephalopod’s camouflaging ability. David Leslie Johnson and I were inspired by the 80’s “blue suit”.

Comparison to King Orm's Gladiator Suit:
EGe7l-0WwAENQQB
EGe7l-0W4AAIlgQ

Something not far from what we have seen used by Vulko on Aquaman movie:

EsRvsWWW8AADDh_

latest

But we can assume this suit as Vulko's Cerimonial Armor:

sub-buzz-3096-1616149739-17.png

Vulko.jpg

Is the Queen of Atlantis, Nicole Kidman not returning?

Sounds more than likely that she is

Nicole Kidman Reportedly Returning In Aquaman 2
Variety notes that numerous media outlets in Hong Kong, where Kidman was filming the Amazon series Expats, have reported her return in Aquaman 2. While the stories focus primarily on supposed tension on the Expats set that Amazon denies led to Kidman leaving early, the online news publication HK01 reports that Kidman will soon travel to the U.K. to film for the DCEU movie. Oriental Daily also reported that Kidman will again be portraying Aquaman's mother.
Warner Bros. has yet to respond to these reports, but should they prove true, it is worth wondering why the company has yet to announce Kidman's appearance in Aquaman 2. In the original film, Atlanna is found alive after having presumably been sacrificed two decades prior and reunites with Arthur's human father, allowing him to ascend to the Atlantean throne. Wan has said Aquaman 2 is more complex than its predecessor, so it's possible there's a more disruptive role planned for Atlanna this time around. It also could be that Warner Bros. was simply waiting until the busy Kidman had wrapped to confirm she would take part.
In refuting the Expats news, an Amazon spokesman claimed Kidman "always had other projects she was committed to," suggesting her shooting schedule has been penciled in for some time. It's possible the Aquaman 2 team is trying to keep her inclusion a secret to better prevent a very active DCEU fanbase from guessing the plot in advance, but it's just as likely Kidman could show up for a third-act cameo, taking advantage of that moment when the viewer is pleasantly surprised to see a recognizable face. How Warner Bros. chooses to respond to the reports should offer a clue, even if that response is to completely ignore them.

Hopefully she gets a costume upgrade as well when she dives back into this.

Talking up the camouflage aspect of the suit I have to think that there will be some CGI added to what we are seeing to give it the design/color of the 80's blue suit.

I was wondering that. Just about everything is still locked down but I think filming has some exceptions

Kind of curious to see if Indya Moore as Karshon will be a case of adaptational attractiveness or if they’re really gonna Shark her the hell up.

Soooo....about that release date.

I don't think there's any way Avatar 2 moves. It's been delayed so many times, I don't think James Cameron could bear another change. I'm not saying both can't coexist, but maybe not the exact same date. I could see WB moving it to the Matrix Revolutions date, aka the Wednesday before Christmas: December 21, 2022.

That, or it moves to 2023.

Indya! I love them! So glad they’re staying booked! Can’t wait to see this cast in action

Besides Arthur, I think my favorite character in the entire Aquaman mythos is Kaldur from Young Justice. His depiction in that show was so complex and dynamic, with a great design and voice actor. I would love for him to be introduced in this movie. It makes the Black Manta/Aquaman rivalry so much richer. Black Manta and Kaldur were in a lot of ways the main villain and hero in S2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"