Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom General Discussion thread

Honestly… I could work with that.

This scene with Affleck isn't going to cost WB a lot of money.
Reshooting most of ,Flashpoint would make the film, Terminally Unprofitable.
Well no ****, but I don’t think there’s any way out of the Ezra situation that won’t be costly.

Well no ****, but I don’t think there’s any way out of the Ezra situation that won’t be costly.
It's still better to release the film as is, it is take the hit, And avoid an option that will only INCREASE the amount of $$$$$$, that they will lose.

I'm glad to see Affleck back.

I know there's a lot of people who have the whole "throw the whole DCEU out" mentality but I always felt that, for the most part, the cast that Snyder chose for the JL was a good one and there's GOOD elements of the DCEU that can be salvaged and reinvigorated by other creative forces. It's gonna be cool to see Bruce and Arthur interact again.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone reported that Cavill or his reps had gotten on the wrong side with one of the higher executives. The guy wants to come back but Warner Bros won't even offer him a cameo. Meanwhile, they continue to support someone as problematic as Ezra Miller.

Ok, well there goes DC again. When they don’t know what to do, just chuck Batman in there.

oh well it is what it is. Aquaman was cool enough though y’know

Is he stoned or just miserable here? Blink twice if you need help, Ben.

So WB can easily get a actor who wants out of this role to come back for last minute reshoots, but can't figure out a Superman cameo with Cavill, an actor who has a keen interest to return?

I'm thinking Keaton might be better away from this mess anyway.

Makes sense for this movie considering it comes out before The Flash, personally not really a fan of Batfleck but happy for the fans that are excited about this

As a massive Keaton fan, I really hope this isn’t going to affect the Batgirl movie and I hope they aren’t going to reshoot Batmans scenes in that movie. I’m really hyped for Batgirl almost entirely because of Keaton being the Batman of that movie

Makes sense timeline wise...but boy does that suck.
We were almost in the clear, but now we will never hear the end of it with the cult.

If you thought the whole #makethebatleckmovie was annoying, you havent seen the worst yet.

I am pleased that Affleck is in this:yay: . Any chance of getting more Affleck as Bruce/Batman is a plus.

Probably just a tiny role that was originally for Keaton, but changed for Ezra/Timeline reasons.

But yay! I am pleased, Love Batfleck.

I am pleased that Affleck is in this:yay: . Any chance of getting more Affleck as Bruce/Batman is a plus.

Probably just a tiny role that was originally for Keaton, but changed for Ezra/Timeline reasons.

But yay! I am pleased, Love Batfleck.

Isn't Aquaman 2 out before The Flash? The timeline only makes sense if it's Affleck prior to the big Flash reboot.

Everyone gets to come back besides Fisher and Cavill.

Even Shannon is back as Zod in The Flash.

I feel like Heard would probably be back for a third Aquaman movie if they make one.

I’m not going to jump to any conclusions, but I hope WB’s new management know what they’re doing and we’re not going to get some messy string of films between Black Adam, Shazam, Aquaman and The Flash still seemingly trying to be in the DCEU while also being self-contained. I’m okay with Affleck’s Batman, but I hope it’s true that Keaton ends up taking over.

Isn't Aquaman 2 out before The Flash? The timeline only makes sense if it's Affleck prior to the big Flash reboot.

Yes, so it makes Sense they are doing this.

Flash was supposed to come out like 6 years ago or something. Before The Ezra clownshow. They are releasing it before the Flash yes, but at some point it was supposed to come out after the Flash.

It would be really odd if Keaton would just cameo as Bruce Wayne without any explanation. And there was rumours that People were confused in test screenings about that.

Last edited:
tumblr_pk2vfb4tdT1rrkahjo4_540.gifv

I'm kinda tired of the ambiguity around this universe. Like it's cool to me that Affleck is making this cameo, but it also still feels like they're prolonging the will-they-won't-they thing. I don't need some massive slate announcement, but it would be nice to know who's in, who's out, and which films are meant to be in the same universe.

WB isn't managing expectations at all and that coyness has gotten old for me.

I'm kinda tired of the ambiguity around this universe. Like it's cool to me that Affleck is making this cameo, but it also still feels like they're prolonging the will-they-won't-they thing. I don't need some massive slate announcement, but it would be nice to know who's in, who's out, and which films are meant to be in the same universe.

WB isn't managing expectations at all and that coyness has gotten old for me.
It’s also really hard to explain this to GA people I find. Doing wholly unconnected films or a fully connected universe they understand but a halfway house that keeps changing the rules is a bit trickier.

It’s also really hard to explain this to GA people I find. Doing wholly unconnected films or a fully connected universe they understand but a halfway house that keeps changing the rules is a bit trickier.

Exactly. The eternal limbo we've been in since like 2017 is exhausting.

Well at this point I don't think WB will ever announce some long term commitment with Feige style carefully laid out plans so we know what to expect. Anyway, If Affleck wants to do another one every other year, let him. He is an older guy who probably doesn't want to commit too much, but WB likes to keep him around so they may always figure something out for him if he wants in. They know they have the Real Batman with Pattinson anyway :o

How can someone ever think that Affleck is replacing Keaton? This movie is set before The Flash, probably leading straight to that film. Keaton's return as Batman has been the biggest selling point of the DCEU for a long time now and he's not only having a huge role there but a probably even bigger role in Batgirl which is also deep in post-production.

Announcing Affleck's Appearance in Aquaman, in what will likely be a very small cameo, is probably just so that some of the negativity over Heard stops and people start focusing on that instead.

Is Aquaman 2 scheduled to play in China?
Can it make a billion without it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"