Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.0

Got my Platinum for this earlier today :woot::up:

Man, some of those combat challenges were a complete b**** :cmad:. But I decided to work backwards and do the hardest ones first and work my way down. It pretty much forced me to get better first, then do the rest like cake. Some of the simpler ones were alot harder than they were supposed to be, like Shock & Awe (not the Extreme one) but just the 30,000 one I kept kicking my enemies off the platform all the time which would ruin my combo most of the time. :down

The Predator ones were tricky but I ended up creating my own strategies (like those YT videos) and ended up getting those done quickly. I saved the last trophy to be one I missed during my first couple runthroughs of the game, the Party Pooper one :hehe: I thought if I were to finish the game it should be on a fun (and hilarious) fight :brucebat:

What would be in a GOTY edition? All the map packs? Unless there's some addition content made after (or held from) the main game that's not a much to warrant a re-release

Maybe they'll have unlockable costumes or some bonus disc with behind-the-scenes features.

Maybe, I don't know. Really wasn't a game I would have excepted to see re-release in that manner

...?

What content could they possibly add to warrant a re-release?

There's only two DLC packs that haven't been released, but they're not exactly Broken Steel or Point Lookout type content.

They've gotta be adding more than what's already out. That's the only thing that makes some sense.

...?

What content could they possibly add to warrant a re-release?

There's only two DLC packs that haven't been released, but they're not exactly Broken Steel or Point Lookout type content.

They've gotta be adding more than what's already out. That's the only thing that makes some sense.

Well theres a good chunk of DLC out there. You have the stuff that was preorder only at Gamestop, you have the Joker pack, the collectors edition pack then you have the DLC that was released on the 360 and PS3.

Id assume the GoTY edition will feature ALL of the DLC thus released. So maybe the 360 will be getting the stuff that was exclusive to the PS3. It wouldnt surprising, in the least.

It's already been mentioned on the official forums by the developers that there will NOT be any new DLC for this game.

If anything, it'll include the exclusives that were available previously (CE map exclusive and GameStop). Joker is still locked to PS3 so that won't happen (no matter how many theories people have on this, it will not go to 360).

Well theres a good chunk of DLC out there. You have the stuff that was preorder only at Gamestop, you have the Joker pack, the collectors edition pack then you have the DLC that was released on the 360 and PS3.

Id assume the GoTY edition will feature ALL of the DLC thus released. So maybe the 360 will be getting the stuff that was exclusive to the PS3. It wouldnt surprising, in the least.

That's really not all that much. The Joker maps are only 6 maps and the GS pre-order wasn't much. Not sure on the Crime Alley stuff, but I doubt it's all that long

The GOTY i reckon will be about sometime next month. Just saying thats all.

That's really not all that much. The Joker maps are only 6 maps and the GS pre-order wasn't much. Not sure on the Crime Alley stuff, but I doubt it's all that long

Crime Alley Maps

Joker Maps

Scarecrow Maps

Insane Night Map Pack

Prey in the Darkness Map Pack

I think thats enough for them to add in a Game of the year Edition. I mean what else do you expect it to be? What i was saying is there is enough DLC out there for them to slap it all in one game and call it a Game of the Year Edition.

I know that chances are I wouldn't spend the money on it, and the challenge maps wouldn't be enough to coax me.

I'm more interested in them just hurrying up and giving us the sequel. :p

If it's just the challenge maps (CE map, Scarecrow, 2 DLC packs, Joker maps), then I won't be getting it. I doubt it will include something that will really make me buy it. The only maps I don't have, are the Joker maps and while it would be fun to play them, it's not really worth it imo.

Of course we don't know what it'll include, so I'm going to wait and see, but there are a lot of new games I plan on getting this year.

Yea, iv played through Arkham Asylum more than 5 times and i dont see myself purchasing the GoTY edition. I mean what GoTY edition doesnt just come with all the DLC? I dont see the GoTY edition being much more than just the DLC.

Crime Alley Maps

Joker Maps

Scarecrow Maps

Insane Night Map Pack

Prey in the Darkness Map Pack

I think thats enough for them to add in a Game of the year Edition. I mean what else do you expect it to be? What i was saying is there is enough DLC out there for them to slap it all in one game and call it a Game of the Year Edition.

What are these? And how many maps do they actually add?

What are these? And how many maps do they actually add?
Each adds 2 maps. One combat and one predator/stealth. One of those (can't remember which one) is only available for the PS3 in the US. You can still get in on LIVE from the EU marketplace.

Each adds 2 maps. One combat and one predator/stealth. One of those (can't remember which one) is only available for the PS3 in the US. You can still get in on LIVE from the EU marketplace.

So all and all, that would be about 13-15 extra challenge maps if all of those make the cut. Still doesn't seem like much for a re-release to me. Maybe if the challenge maps were more extensive, but most of them are pretty short.

I don't know, still seems like an odd choice to get this whole GOTY edition treatment. That's just not all that much content in the end

So all and all, that would be about 13-15 extra challenge maps if all of those make the cut. Still doesn't seem like much for a re-release to me. Maybe if the challenge maps were more extensive, but most of them are pretty short.

I don't know, still seems like an odd choice to get this whole GOTY edition treatment. That's just not all that much content in the end

Yea i know, but what else are they going to add? Do you know of any Game of the Year editions that had much more than just DLC?

Yea i know, but what else are they going to add? Do you know of any Game of the Year editions that had much more than just DLC?

That's what I'm saying, the amount of actual DLC stuff is not all that much. At most we're looking at about 15 challenge maps. If Ryuuie is right, and the Joker stuff is out, then about 8 or 9. Usually when they do these things they do them to add in all the extra content that's amassed since the original release. With AA, there's barely any. Just seems like a weird situation to me

Isn't the Joker map on both 360 and PS3 in Europe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"