Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a result of the reshoots. Affleck was not in shape when he shot those scenes. I think he'd gained a few pounds and also had had some Botox injections too?

That honestly wouldn't surprise me, his face looked noticeably different.

I know some people really like Ben's Batman, but let's look at some hard truths here. So far, he's been in two (or three if you count Suicide Squad) critically panned films where he played the character. And even though a lot of critics were relatively kind to him in comparison to many of the other elements of those films, an actor that has starred in and directed a few critical darlings wants to appear in a dud. And there have been reports that Affleck was furious with how BvS turned out. If JL is also a mess, he can't be happy about that.

And fine, BvS made a lot of money and JL likely will as well. But the former still underperformed and didn't hit that coveted $1 billion like the previous two Batman films did, and I doubt JL will either. Oh, and speaking of those previous Batman films... not only were they financially successful, but all three were mostly well-received by critics and fans. TDKR has proven to be a bit divisive but not nearly as much as BvS or (probably) JL.

And then there is his age and personal issues that he's dealing with. Some people can push all that aside and dive headfirst into a role. I don't know about you, but when I'm dealing with serious sh** in my life, I'm not exactly motivated to spend 6 hours in the gym every day.

So yeah, I think he's probably ready to move on, or will be soon. And if so, then WB should recast soon. Maybe not on the next few weeks, as that might cause people to lose interest in JL. But once the film has run its course, then go out and get another actor.

Thought the same. Woudlnt surprise me if he's had fillers. Brad Pitt had something similiar a couple of years ago - gives a smoother, more youthful appreance but makes the face, well, fuller.

Thought the same. Woudlnt surprise me if he's had fillers. Brad Pitt had something similiar a couple of years ago - gives a smoother, more youthful appreance but makes the face, well, fuller.
I believe the technical term is "poofy." :oldrazz:

They should’ve shaved Cavill’s stache and used that VFX money on Affleck’s face in the reshoots.

annatar598 said:
Are we overreacting perhaps? I honestly can't tell - the internet is a weird place sometimes. I personally really like Affleck's portrayal and wouldn't mind another actor at the helm BUT I do get the feeling that Affleck's portrayal (while polarising to some) has been received well enough that his employment is SUCH a concern for so many people - in a way that Bale's never was. I certainly don't recall Bale being talked about in the same way as Affleck when TDKR ended the trilogy and there was still no confirmation as to whether or not Bale would continue on as Batman.

Bale never had "will he or won't he" walkout drama in his tenure either. There was never an opportunity to talk about it in the manner Affleck is.

Following up on Rob Keyes' other tweet from earlier about Reeves not wanting Affleck for Batman. Seems to be another sign pointing towards the idea that he's interested in getting Gyllenhaal for the part.

https://twitter.com/rob_keyes/status/931137201303322625

If Campea comes out and says the same, then there's definitely meat to this. I heard a week ago from an old friend that Gyllenhaal was the guy, earlier today I spotted someone on /r/dceuleaks mentioning that they'd been hearing stuff on the casting and that the name of the actor Reeves wanted for Batman started with the letter "J." And now this.

If Batfleck leaves, it will be sad, but what can you do.

At the same time, I don't want Gylllenhaal. I just can't picture him under the cowl at alllllll. He's a good actor, but something about his eyes throw me off. I just can't see it.

But if it comes to pass, then I'll try to keep an open mind I guess!

Following up on Rob Keyes' other tweet from earlier about Reeves not wanting Affleck for Batman. Seems to be another sign pointing towards the idea that he's interested in getting Gyllenhaal for the part.

If Campea comes out and says the same, then there's definitely meat to this. I heard a week ago from an old friend that Gyllenhaal was the guy, earlier today I spotted someone on /r/dceuleaks mentioning that they'd been hearing stuff on the casting and that the name of the actor Reeves wanted for Batman started with the letter "J." And now this.

From what I understand, Jake was the runner-up to Bale for Batman Begins. I think he was too young at the time but he’s the perfect age now and has never had an issue bulking up for a role. Plus he can play dark and crazy really well. I’d be thrilled to see Jake take on the role.

I’d also be down with him playing the Joker. He could do a fantastic job with that too.

I wanted Armie as Batman, but Jake Gyllenhaal is also great choice. :up:

If Batfleck leaves, it will be sad, but what can you do.

At the same time, I don't want Gylllenhaal. I just can't picture him under the cowl at alllllll. He's a good actor, but something about his eyes throw me off. I just can't see it.

But if it comes to pass, then I'll try to keep an open mind I guess!

This. Let’s be honest the dude has a wonky face.

Yeah no to Gyllenhaal, he just doesn’t look the part. I’m hoping Ben gives one more go around as the Bat, and Reeves Bat film is amazing. Be a good send off for him.

Campea will reveal the name. It's live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2-JjnW3w2g

CAMPEA SAID JAKE GYLLENAAAL IS BATMAN ON LIVE. HOLY ****
tumblr_o0mpos4Ln01ti4rwno2_500.gif

Yeah no to Gyllenhaal, he just doesn’t look the part. I’m hoping Ben gives one more go around as the Bat, and Reeves Bat film is amazing. Be a good send off for him.

That will screw up Reeves' designs on a trilogy.

Holy crap. I'm kinda reeling that I heard about this through what was essentially an online game of telephone a whole week before the biz started talking about it openly.

So yeah, Reeves wants Gyllenhaal! Great pick imo, I hope it works out.

As always, Campea manages to make a news piece 'breaking news' about himself, he loves himself so much. As far as JG goes, I wan(ted) Ben to stay on, if that's not the case, then Jake is a welcome alternative in my book.

Our new Bruce Wayne/Batman

MV5BNjA0MTU2NDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDU4ODkzMzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

To be fair, it's not a done deal yet. It's just that Jake is who Reeves wants for the role and apparently there's been some brief talks about it so far.

That said, I have a feeling it'll happen and holy moly am I excited about the possibilities.

How anyone can look at that face and think “THAT’S Bruce Wayne/Batman!” just boggles my mind.:oldrazz:
tumblr_oet5deLZZ41vzj68so1_500.gif

Honestly, throw a bit more muscle on him and I think he's got a great look for it. His talent speaks for itself. I'd be down for it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"