Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of Affleck in the Batsuit is OK.....but when I mostly read Batman comics they were being drawn by two of the best....Neal Adams and Jim Aparo. To me Bats is more lean. He's muscular but not blocky.

That's a good point, and one I agree with.

if you think about the real world practicality of a Batman, one who's jumping across rooftops, climbing walls, swinging on a grapple rope, carrying around too much bulky muscle mass would actually work against him.

As an example, look at America Ninja Warrior. The competitors who are the most successful aren't usually the tallest, most muscular guys, because all that extra muscle mass and bigger body frame wears them down faster as they climb, hang, and swing through the obstacles.

I'd think that would also apply to Batman, since he's essentially an urban ninja warrior.

The picture of Affleck in the Batsuit is OK.....but when I mostly read Batman comics they were being drawn by two of the best....Neal Adams and Jim Aparo. To me Bats is more lean. He's muscular but not blocky.

He does look pretty damn chubby in that photo. I tend to agree with you. He looks best when he’s shaped as muscular but athletic.

That's a good point, and one I agree with.

if you think about the real world practicality of a Batman, one who's jumping across rooftops, climbing walls, swinging on a grapple rope, carrying around too much bulky muscle mass would actually work against him.

As an example, look at America Ninja Warrior. The competitors who are the most successful aren't usually the tallest, most muscular guys, because all that extra muscle mass and bigger body frame wears them down faster as they climb, hang, and swing through the obstacles.

I'd think that would also apply to Batman, since he's essentially an urban ninja warrior.

DLJpwNoUMAAEGjj.jpg

I agree with you and that is the ideal Batman for me, in terms of look. Even Jim Lee draws him quite lean.

This is how I see Batman as well. I get TDKReturns influence here, but that isn't prime time Batman for me.

Affleck's Batman is a great representation of TDKReturns version of Batman. But I wouldn't mind if Batman eventually moves away from that onscreen.

On a Bruce-related note, I know it won't come up, but for the smallest bit of connective tissue, I would like if there was an offhand or brief aside comment from Bruce about him getting the files on metas from Amanda Waller. Or not even mention her by name- just acknowledge that he had a friend pass over the information.

I know, won't happen, not really necessary for the story, and doesn't add anything to JL's plot, but I think it'd be nice, maybe two second line.

A streamlined physique would work best for a "practical" Batman imo

70a2cdad252a27d4f2a600a2c6606410.jpg

I love the Arkham games for the most part but their extra-bulky Batman I've never been a huge fan of.

I agree with you and that is the ideal Batman for me, in terms of look. Even Jim Lee draws him quite lean.

Jim Lee's Batman has always been very muscular. Recently he's toned down Batman's size just a smidgen, but he's still big, like on this Batman Rebirth variant cover.

BM_Cv1_ConVar.jpg

jim-lee-batman-wall-poster-print.jpg

Batman-Jim-Lee.jpg

I love Jim Lee's Batman, but then there are many different versions of Batman I like.

Live-action wise, I don't think I've ever seen anything scream "Batman" more than this.

Agreed. While I still have a few problems with the tactical suit, it definitely conforms better to Affleck's physique than the BvS suit did. Gone are the days when we couldn't get a decent promo image with him that wasn't a profile shot.

Agreed. While I still have a few problems with the tactical suit, it definitely conforms better to Affleck's physique than the BvS suit did. Gone are the days when we couldn't get a decent promo image with him that wasn't a profile shot.

Yes, it suits him perfectly IMO.

Live-action wise, I don't think I've ever seen anything scream "Batman" more than this.

Agreed. You'll be hard pressed to convince me otherwise if it exists out there. Ben is by far the best looking Batman in the best looking suit since Batman-ever. Bat fans got to love it!

Jim Lee's Batman has always been very muscular. Recently he's toned down Batman's size just a smidgen, but he's still big, like on this Batman Rebirth variant cover.

BM_Cv1_ConVar.jpg

jim-lee-batman-wall-poster-print.jpg

Batman-Jim-Lee.jpg

Oh Lee's is definitely muscular, but more lean muscular than bulky muscular.

Definitely prefer Batman to have that musculature rather than be too lean.

Ben definitely brings the height and bulk and that does highlight Batman's physicality in a great way.

Just don't think in the future, if they change Batman actors, that he has to be that 'bulky' kind of TDKReturns Batman.

But damn, Affleck is gonna be hard to top.
Based on what? At best performance wise he’s like 3rd place for on screen Batmen. His suit, height, mass and CGI enhanced muscles don’t make him some insurmountable take on the character. This over exaggeration on Affleck’s quality of performance for the character is staggering in its hyperbole.

Based on what? At best performance wise he’s like 3rd place for on screen Batmen. His suit, height, mass and CGI enhanced muscles don’t make him some insurmountable take on the character. This over exaggeration on Affleck’s quality of performance for the character is staggering in its hyperbole.
Based on my own opinion. I find him to be the most screen accurate Batman imo, and I have no doubt that if Affleck stayed on, his acting chops would be displayed too in the solo. Just because you don't agree don't make my opinion any less valid. We all have our favorite versions. The great thing about this is there are multiple versions to choose from, and I chose the DCEU one.

This is the umpteenth post you've made questioning how someone could possibly like Ben more than his predecessors. It's been explained to you thoroughly before (I know because I've done it too), yet here you are with the same question.

What's staggering is your inability to comprehend an opposing opinion. :funny:

Bale had a good 10 years of being celebrated in the role for the most part. It's alright to let someone else have the shine. Especially when I don't think that someone is going to be in the spotlight for much longer.

I long for the day we see a blue and grey Batman on the big screen.
We'll get there one day my friend. We thought we'd never see a Batman that isn't all black, and now here we are. The Blue and Greys are coming in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"