Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

I'm kinda weird in the sense I like natural pictures... in my head I am like, this is meta... why is batman standing like that looking that way... is he aware a camera is on him? it breaks the wall for me... but, I digress..

Never getting an Affleck directed movie is the biggest disappointment of all for me. Like the entire interest in him playing the character was getting him to write and direct in his own thing.

nothing against the guy, but if I knew what I now know from the start, I wouldn’t have been as excited for the casting.

I liked the idea of batman being trapped in arkham and having to deal with that and escaping... that's a cool idea to me, but maybe in hindsight it would have been an empty production and just glitz... with hindsight, the new movie looks wayyy better all round.

Never getting an Affleck directed movie is the biggest disappointment of all for me. Like the entire interest in him playing the character was getting him to write and direct in his own thing.

nothing against the guy, but if I knew what I now know from the start, I wouldn’t have been as excited for the casting.

Its a shame that his Batman never happened. I was very much interested in that as a batman fan, not interested at all at what WB is doing with Batman now.

I'm open to most ideas as long as they don't go back down the Adam West or Joel Schumacher campy Batman route. That just doesn't work for me when it comes to a character who is entirely defined by tragedy.

We've had Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck and now Pattinson. And probably more in years to come. I treat the movies a bit like the comics - I don't read one particular Batman comic and then decide I will never read any of the others. They all bring their own things to the table and, for better or worse, give us different insights into Batman and different approaches to the character - which is what makes it interesting. I liked the Affleck/Snyder approach, but I'm also very intrigued by what I've seen of Reeves' version so far.

I am not a obsessed Snyder-fan, its just that the Affleck Batman film that never happened sounded exactly like what I have wanted to see for years. "James Bond feel" and an adventure that happens in the DCEU .

I love Afflecks performance in BvS, Suicide Squad and ZSJL, even if I think all of those films are flawed, and I really am not a big fan of BvS at all. I just think he is really good as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I have seen like 8 solo (well a few featured Robin) Batman movies that happen in their own sell contained world. This would have been something new and fresh to me.

What they are doing now does not interest me or feel fresh at all. Most things show up on streamers/HBO MAX etc, so I am sure I will watch it, or at least start watching it at some point, but its just not anything that I am invested in.

Last edited:
I did enjoy Batfleck, and i love shared universe Batman but DCEU Batman just wasn’t very close to my ideal Batman. Pattinson/Reeves’ take feels more in line with what I love about Batman. The tone of Superman and Batman felt too similar in the DCEU. I’d love a new Worlds Finest film that accents their differences more than their similarities.

For all of my issues with the DCEU, Ben Affleck's Batman was definitely not one of them. Warner Bros really missed out in showcasing Ben's portrayal of the character. Personally, I think he's the most comic accurate looking version of both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

For all of my issues with the DCEU, Ben Affleck's Batman was definitely not one of them. Warner Bros really missed out in showcasing Ben's portrayal of the character. Personally, I think he's the most comic accurate looking version of both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

WB/Johns interference really ruined things. It's unfortunate because Affleck was really BTAS Bruce (for me personally) brought to life and just needed a solo Batman trilogy to cement his take amongst the great ones. I'm happy we'll at least see him one last time in The Flash. Also very happy to hear that experience was a positive one for Affleck too, after all the turmoil in JL and the development of his solo movie that he experienced, glad it's ending on a good note for him.

She goes on to close with this.

Which makes me think she's either trying to rile up fans for clout or is gonna try to backpedal and say "Well, I HEARD at one point he wasn't gonna die" if that's what happens. She's pulled the "Trust me, I was right at the time, plans just changed!" card before.

I like how Gunn is active on Twitter and calls out the “scooper” bs directly

I wasn't really sure about the concept of „knightmare batman“ at first but he really grew on me over time. I LOVE it now :hrt:
You want Batman with an assault rifle? A hero who HATES guns and doesn't like using them using one for no reason? Why? If you wanted that, go watch The Punisher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"