Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other places I've seen him besides New Frontier was in Future's End in the New 52 and the JLU animated series. He could potentially be the DCEU's Nick Fury (as in, government spy/liason to the Justice League). In Future's End, he was an operative assigned to hunt down spies of alien and/or inter-dimensional origins hiding on Earth, which if nothing else could make him a good lead for a DCEU-set TV series, imo. Waldau would be a great pick for him either way, though. Good call. :up:

Very interesting. Thanks for the additional info.

Yeah......after watching JL, I would literally beg Ben to not leave.

I'm fine with him leaving. He's OK in this film, but you could tell he was phoning it in at times. Also that dumb voice. I hate the Affleck Bat-voice.

He didn't need that stupid mic'ed voice.

I'm fine with him leaving. He's OK in this film, but you could tell he was phoning it in at times. Also that dumb voice. I hate the Affleck Bat-voice.

I feel the opposite. I was afraid he'd phone it in, but he did a fantastic job IMO. He shines when he's playing Bruce Wayne.

Agreed with all of this. He's better at Bruce, but when he's actually in the suit, being Batman? Very meh.

Affleck looks like he rolled out of rehab bed in that one reshoot scene. He looks bloated and tired and wants to end the nightmare of his life. And that pipeline video was the only evidence that was needed.

Another forum is saying Reeves apparently wants Gosling as Affleck's replacement...which is unlikely.

I'm from the camp that would like to see Affleck stay in the role for a few more films. I think he's a great Bruce Wayne and Batman. It's too bad Patrick Wilson is already part of the DCEU (Not complaining, he's a great actor), but I think he would be an inspired choice.

Last edited:
he was so great on this movie, WB need to give him the necessary money to keep him, the chemistry is already there with the rest off the cast

loosin him before we saw JL2 ? not happening

Affleck looks like he rolled out of rehab bed in that one reshoot scene. He looks bloated and tired and wants to end the nightmare of his life. And that pipeline video was the only evidence that was needed.

Yeah, it's kinda disheartening to watch some of this stuff. Affleck doesn't seem to be doing bad in any of the footage I've seen for Justice League, but lord almighty it's definitely a noticeable drop in quality from his performance in BvS.

This is just what I ultimately feared would happen with Affleck playing Batman. He'd get disheartened and want to bolt quickly. I feared Ed Norton as Hulk for similar reasons. Ed Norton's reputation in Hollywood was already notorious, so I didn't think he'd want to be a team player for Avengers and future movies. Lo and behold that's what happened.

I'm from the camp that would like to see Affleck stay in the role for a few more films. I think he's a great Bruce Wayne and Batman. It's too bad Patrick Wilson is already part of the DCEU (Not complaining, he's a great actor), but I think he would be an inspired choice.

Heh my thoughts exactly.

I enjoy Affleck a lot but I'm ready to let him go now. Better recast now than to hurt the new Batman movies.

I don't want Affleck to do Batman cause he gets so much money, I want it to be his passion. And there are just too many negative reports around Affleck that maybe influence the box score too.

Why should the GP be excited about Ben as Batman in JL when just a few days ago there were reports again he wants out?

Yeah......after watching JL, I would literally beg Ben to not leave.

I love Ben in the role but every day it's something new with him. He is not good for this universe. Also hinting at leaving now during the promo tour was a bad move

I really do think it’s time to cast an unknown. Really nail the right actor for the part instead of worrying about getting a star. Batman doesn’t need a famous face behind the cowl. Let’s have someone fresh, younger, and ideal for the part.

I really do think it’s time to cast an unknown. Really nail the right actor for the part instead of worrying about getting a star. Batman doesn’t need a famous face behind the cowl. Let’s have someone fresh, younger, and ideal for the part.
Agreed once again m1ll3r. Bale wasn't completely unknown, but I'd say he wasn't a big star before he was cast. Someone on a similar level to Bale would be fine with. But I'd be totally fine with a complete unknown.

I would argue that before Batman Begins, Bale was a relatively unknown actor to the mainstream audience.

Bale was a fan favorite, but a virtual unknown to general audiences, yes. Kinda like Henry (though Bale had more critical acclaim under his belt).

My main point of reference for Henry Cavill before Superman was the 2002 Count of Monte Cristo. A film I still really like a lot :D

I enjoy Affleck a lot but I'm ready to let him go now. Better recast now than to hurt the new Batman movies.

I don't want Affleck to do Batman cause he gets so much money, I want it to be his passion. And there are just too many negative reports around Affleck that maybe influence the box score too.

Why should the GP be excited about Ben as Batman in JL when just a few days ago there were reports again he wants out?

Where are these reports that Ben Affleck says he wants out? Everything i'm reading states he'd like to segue out of the role in a cool way. He never said he wants out RIGHT NOW! RIGHT THIS SECOND. Okay, sure, you can read between the lines, but, honestly, there are so many ways to take what he said. I just take it at face value. Look at what Daniel Craig said after filming Spectre. He would rather kill himself than star in another Bond film. Here he is gearing up for another 007 film. I think all this is taken out of proportion due to the media.

Last edited:
My main point of reference for Henry Cavill before Superman was the 2002 Count of Monte Cristo. A film I still really like a lot :D
I liked him on The Tudors. He was my top pick for Supes based on that.

Where are these reports that Ben Affleck says he wants out? Everything i'm reading states he'd like to segue out of the role in a cool way. He never said he wants out RIGHT NOW! RIGHT THIS SECOND. Okay, sure, you can read between the lines, but, honestly, there are so many ways to take what he said. I just take it at face value. Look at what Daniel Craig said after filming Spectre. He would rather kill himself than star in another Bond film. I think all this is taken out of proportion due to the media.

i didn't say the repots say he wants out NOW, just that he wants out, like you said segue out. i was just trying to say it's not clever to bring it up while promoting the movie.

i highly doubt he would do 3 reeves and another jl movie. so why not just cast now somebody else.

i didn't say the repots say he wants out NOW, just that he wants out, like you said segue out. i was just trying to say it's not clever to bring it up while promoting the movie.

i highly doubt he would do 3 reeves and another jl movie. so why not just cast now somebody else.

I damn well hope he does at least 1 film of Reeves hypothetical trilogy. Wouldn't bother me if the role is recast midway through. He is, in my opinion, so good in the role, it would be a crime to not see him do a solo film. I would also argue that Affleck's career best
(acting) was in BvS...probably the minority in that department, but...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back