Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get that at all, if Affleck leaves you just recast. Simple as.

The issue I guess is they've painted themselves into a rather stupid corner by having an old Batman alongside a young League. The same problem will apply for any older actor taking on the job. Batman should have been younger at the start of the DCEU.

The issue I guess is they've painted themselves into a rather stupid corner by having an old Batman alongside a young League. The same problem will apply for any older actor taking on the job. Batman should have been younger at the start of the DCEU.

Minor retcon? Cast a little younger maybe? Have they actually confirmed his age in the movies?

Wonder Woman is not *young* :)

Anyway, they can easily recast a younger actor to play the same age character. You'll get the same older Batman, but younger actor for longevity. ez pz.

They way I'd approach a trilogy is to have Ben in the first, then in the sequel have Ben to narrate a story of from his past and appear in a couple of scenes just as Bruce while the new Batman acts. Then for the last film, have the movie to mostly focus on the new Batman and end it with Ben in the Batcave looking at all of the things he's collected over time as he turns out the lights in each part of the cave. End the film with him giving his final smirk, turn out the last light and fade to black.

A lazarus bath would still be keeping in line with the lore of Batman.

I actually think it would be interesting to see a physically in-prime Batman who has the mind of a veteran. There's lots of interesting dynamics that are opened with that revelation, something only broadly approached in one episode of Batman Beyond.

I actually think it would be interesting to see a physically in-prime Batman who has the mind of a veteran. There's lots of interesting dynamics that are opened with that revelation, something only broadly approached in one episode of Batman Beyond.

Yeah, but then you have to explain to the audience what a Lazarus Pit is... it's a great idea, but if he's gone straight after JL then not plausible unfortunately.

Right, but then Whedon gets to deal with the mental gymnastics of incorporating the Lazarus Pit into the narrative, without it having been previously established. It has all the makings of being a hilariously ill-conceived deus ex machina.

I suppose they could retcon the Pit as being something found on Apokolips, but then that opens up a whole new can of worms.

Yeah, but then you have to explain to the audience what a Lazarus Pit is... it's a great idea, but if he's gone straight after JL then not plausible unfortunately.

Right, but then Whedon gets to deal with the mental gymnastics of incorporating the Lazarus Pit into the narrative, without it having been previously established. It has all the makings of a hilariously ill-conceived deus ex machina.

How much time will really be needed to get audiences acclimated to what is essentially DC's own Fountain of Youth? That's built into the pop culture lexicon.

I'd say that's a far easier hurdle than delving deeply into the New Gods and Apokolips, which presumably will be the focus of JL.

Whedon has done Lazarus Pit before so it's not gonna be a big deal lol

CP_uwW7WcAAbfzI.jpg

Maybe Batman getting younger/changed has something to do with bringing Superman back to life.

I don't know. I'm thrown for a loop.

How much time will really be needed to get audiences acclimated to what is essentially DC's own Fountain of Youth? That's built into the pop culture lexicon.

I'd say that's a far easier hurdle than delving deeply into the New Gods and Apokolips, which presumably will be the focus of JL.

I guess if you jettisoned Ra's from it completely, and had it show up as something Darkseid has.... but, ugh, that sounds bad. It's just a tub of green goo without the Al Ghul backstory.

I guess if you jettisoned Ra's from it completely, and had it show up as something Darkseid has.... but, ugh, that sounds bad. It's just a tub of green goo without the Al Ghul backstory.
I think it's fine. The pits existed before Ra's, so it could conceivably be of magical/alien origin anyway. They're already going into the past and have shown Earth being ruled by super-beings before. Wouldn't be out of the realm of plausibility in-canon if supernatural springs were part of the equation.

If utilized I wouldn't expect a convoluted backstory, just a hint of what's to come much like the mother boxes and codex.

Maybe Batman getting younger/changed has something to do with bringing Superman back to life.

I don't know. I'm thrown for a loop.

Holy crap, what if it's Bats who has the idea of bringing Supes' body to the Pits himself and somehow they both get dunked?! :eek:

Isn't this the Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman thread? All I see is a bunch of speculation that's based on a rumour.

It's the appropriate thread for this discussion whether you like it or not

There's a chance Batman sacrifices himself at the end of JUSTICE LEAGUE. It's unlikely, but possible.

Let's face it, he's put together a team of heroes to protect the world. He may well have a hand in bringing back the world's greatest hero. That's a pretty decent redemption.

There's a chance Batman sacrifices himself at the end of JUSTICE LEAGUE. It's unlikely, but possible.

Let's face it, he's put together a team of heroes to protect the world. He may well have a hand in bringing back the world's greatest hero. That's a pretty decent redemption.

So killing Superman at the end of one movie, and killing Batman at the end of the next?

It's the appropriate thread for this discussion whether you like it or not

It's all speculation without any proof. When a statement from Affleck or WB is released then i'll believe it. Until then Ben Affleck IS Batman.

Edit: Just saw that there's the speculation thread already where this is being discussed. Sounds like a more fitting place than here.

Last edited:

There is absolutely ZERO chance of that happening.

Just do what Marvel did with Hulk. Recast and after a movie or so nobody will care

People can't tell difference between a 30 and a 40 year old so you might not even have to age him up with makeup

Just do what Marvel did with Hulk. Recast and after a movie or so nobody will care

People can't tell difference between a 30 and a 40 year old so you might not even have to age him up with makeup

If it comes to this, people will adjust more easily than they make it seem right now. It's the nature of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"