Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

He's great in the role.

He was fine... good even. But, despite what that ''article'' is trying to claim, he is faaar from the Hail Mary/Saving grace of DC Films and worthy of tossing $30 million at. Especially under the belt tightening reign of Zaslav.

They have their young, cool Batman in Pattinson. They have their nostalgia bait, fresh off awards glory old Batman with Keaton... however long it may last. And they have Affleck all set up for the nice swansong he is so desperate for.

Everybody is happy. Affleck had his day as the Bat and even if he did want to return, I doubt he would have that much bargaining power to command $30 million.

Everybody is happy. Affleck had his day as the Bat and even if he did want to return, I doubt he would have that much bargaining power to command $30 million.
Especially a character who probably should appear in multiple other movies and not just one appearance.

A perspective on whether Affleck is worth a lot of money. I use where my wife works as a sometimes gauge on superhero movies. All the women in her office raved over Ben as Bruce/Batman and were rolling their eyes at Pattinson. So if WB wants more than just teenagers to show up, they might think about Ben.

If that is the measure for interest, there are plenty of other hunky middle aged guys who would demand ALOT less money for a chance to wear the cowl. WB simply does not need to go back to the dry Affleck well at this stage... and I say that as someone who likes him quite a bit as an actor.

A perspective on whether Affleck is worth a lot of money. I use where my wife works as a sometimes gauge on superhero movies. All the women in her office raved over Ben as Bruce/Batman and were rolling their eyes at Pattinson. So if WB wants more than just teenagers to show up, they might think about Ben.
As a woman reluctantly approaching “middle aged,” I could not disagree more lol. Regardless, safe to say a lot more than just teens showed up and enjoyed The Batman, based on its box office legs and audience/critic scores.

I think what it comes down to is how they plan to leverage Batman in the DCEU going forward. Pattinson is great, but he's in his own corner. They have Keaton, but it almost feels like he'll be more of a Nick Fury for the DCEU. That honestly may be more than enough, but I can see the appeal of Affleck as sort of bridging that gap. A mature Batman that can carry a franchise within the primary universe.

The thing for me is that it just feels like a lot with the new leadership being notorious for not wanting to spend a bunch of money. But that doesn't mean it couldn't be worth the investment. I mean one Tweet from a source I've never even heard of has got us all talking. There's certainly still an audience for Ben or at least a passing interest.

Ben was rumored to had gotten around 25 mill for BvS. Not Counting JL. More Batmen! Still only one bald Supes. :oldrazz:

Woof. They really wanted him.

I've no real problem with him coming back and having his own corner of the multiverse, especially if Jeremy Irons is also brought back, but at $30 million I'm not sure that WB under Zaslav's reign of terror will want to be that liquid :hehe:

I mean lettuce keep it honest here. Old man Keaton ain't it, sure its going to be awesome seeing him again, but come on. Matt Reeves is in his own corner building up his own Bat universe, let him be. What does that leave one with, considering some of the DCEU loose ends are still around? Especially if Flash is successful. You got Momoa, Gal, Possibly/maybe/recast/ Ezra...And then what or who? I get this bald Discovery suit is tight with money, but he looks across that lame mouse theme park, and them bastahs is thriving. That connected universe thing can really work, if you do it right. You reset course with flashpoint, but still keep some of the players while bringing in new faces in Supergirl, Batgirl, etc. Batfleck makes sense to me in the larger scale of things. If it doesn't happen that's fine too, but if it does, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hell, I'm only happy FURIOSA got greenlit before this new regime came in.

I mean lettuce keep it honest here. Old man Keaton ain't it, sure its going to be awesome seeing him again, but come on. Matt Reeves is in his own corner building up his own Bat universe, let him be. What does that leave one with, considering some of the DCEU loose ends are still around? Especially if Flash is successful. You got Momoa, Gal, Possibly/maybe/recast/ Ezra...And then what or who? I get this bald Discovery suit is tight with money, but he looks across that lame mouse theme park, and them bastahs is thriving. That connected universe thing can really work, if you do it right. You reset course with flashpoint, but still keep some of the players while bringing in new faces in Supergirl, Batgirl, etc. Batfleck makes sense to me in the larger scale of things. If it doesn't happen that's fine too, but if it does, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hell, I'm only happy FURIOSA got greenlit before this new regime came in.

I mean based on Walter Hamada's own comments about reining in deals, I don't expect they are running to offer $30 million to Ben Affleck to return.

Keep in mind they signed him to direct and star in a new Batman movie and that all fell through, and it went to Reeves instead.

The door has closed.

I mean based on Walter Hamada's own comments about reining in deals, I don't expect they are running to offer $30 million to Ben Affleck to return.

Keep in mind they signed him to direct and star in a new Batman movie and that all fell through, and it went to Reeves instead.

The door has closed.

Keep in mind he was suppose to be gone after JL, but he came back twice, bald man. There is also rumors of WB suits changing his outcome in the FLash flick to keep it open for him to return. These are all rumors still, but I won't be surprised if it does or doesn't happen either way, I'm in.

It was said from the beginning that he came back for The Flash to give closure to the character, which is reinforced by the fact that Keaton takes his place in the DCEU after The Flash in Batgirl. There's no way they'll allow three live action Batmen in films at the same time and they wouldn't go to all that trouble of grabbing Keaton and giving him another chance in the role if Affleck wasn't out for sure. Rumours sound more like wisful thinking. There are a plenty of them ever since the leadership in WB changed again, especially regarding the so called "restoration of the Snyder-verse". Some people just can't let it go.

Keep in mind he was suppose to be gone after JL, but he came back twice, bald man. There is also rumors of WB suits changing his outcome in the FLash flick to keep it open for him to return. These are all rumors still, but I won't be surprised if it does or doesn't happen either way, I'm in.

Over half the rumors I see get reported by the internet are fake.

It was said from the beginning that he came back for The Flash to give closure to the character, which is reinforced by the fact that Keaton takes his place in the DCEU after The Flash in Batgirl. There's no way they'll allow three live action Batmen in films at the same time and they wouldn't go to all that trouble of grabbing Keaton and giving him another chance in the role if Affleck wasn't out for sure. Rumours sound more like wisful thinking. There are a plenty of them ever since the leadership in WB changed again, especially regarding the so called "restoration of the Snyder-verse". Some people just can't let it go.

So The Flash spoilers hit and were said to be true...

Batfleck lives at the end and he sets up a potential sequel.

Granted, the Ezra mess puts a dagger at this, but tis' just funny to see Batfleck agreed to it.

Affleck must be thrilled to have his Batman once again associated with a film generating that kind of buzz... :o
It almost feels like the guy is cursed with this role.

Well, looks like Momoa said on camera that Ben is coming back, and that there's more surprises coming.

Assuming the whole "ten-year plan" wasn't just blowing smoke, I'm really curious what the plan actually is.

I've been thinking "reboot" this whole time, yet here they are adding more connections to the current DCEU in films that haven't released yet (namely Aquaman 2 and The Flash). It's hard to start over when all signs point to them doubling down on the existing continuity.

I think they are really building the DCEU now and are going full throttle and keeping that universe. No fully rebooted universe yet. The Rock is just getting started too and you don't introduce him then reboot his universe too. Plus Snyder's characters have their fans too. Its all deeply rooted in Snyder's characters to reboot now.

Only problem is this is the 4th time they have talked about a 10 year plan!! The 1st time was back in 2013!! Do they have a 10 year plan to announce a 10 year plan??

just came across this video of ben affleck speaking spanish.

he seems more comfortable in mexican tv interviews compared to american interviews.
relaxed and more animated.

it all makes sense now.

he can finally be himself when he's around JLo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"