Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 6

I still think The Dark Knight is the best Batman film (The Batman is second on my list) but Affleck is still my favorite Batman/Bruce Wayne.

My new go-to line lately has been “The Batman is the best Batman movie, The Dark Knight is the best movie that has Batman in it”

giphy.webp

I just like the old tired been there and done that look from Batfleck. 20 years in gotham, so many wars, bigger personal loss. He takes busty blondes to his lakehouse, while drinkin most of his wine collection dry. All of a sudden a flying Supes and aliens come into the picture, a new super team of meta humans etc. The last shot of Snyder's JL tells everything one needs to know about him.

The Bruce scenes in The Batman were by far my least favorite. Still, looking very much forward to see him mold his public persona, even if he looks like a my chemical romance reject.

I too always loved the idea that Snyder wanted to show an old "been there done that" Batman. I loved the idea of having a Batman that has been through it, he's fought all of his rogues, he's suffered losses, he's been through many many adventures. I always kind of thought of Batfleck as an unofficial continuation of Bale's in an alternate reality where he never retired with Selina and eventually returned to the batsuit. Batfleck is what Bale's Batman would have eventually became.

I really enjoyed Reeve's The Batman and appreciate that he finally gave us detective Batman but I kinda dont need to go through re-introductions of The Joker and Two Face and all these characters we've seen already. I kinda wanna see an established Batman that has been fighting crime and supervillains for a while and just plop us into his world.

I do want to see crimelord Two-Face done in Reeve's style. And agreed on The Batman being the best movie with the character but Batfleck still being my favorite.

The Batman was like all of those mid-2000s fan films where everything was just super grounded and grungy, but done in the most elevated way possible.

I do want to see crimelord Two-Face done in Reeve's style. And agreed on The Batman being the best movie with the character but Batfleck still being my favorite.

The Batman was like all of those mid-2000s fan films where everything was just super grounded and grungy, but done in the most elevated way possible.

“20 years in Gotham Alfred, how many good guys are left? How many stay that way?” This right here made me run wild with the idea of Two-Face in Batflecks solo.

Also, I like the idea of Reeves molding some of the villains based on real life. I mean, Joker could easily be based on Manson or Jim Jones. I also feel like MIchael Corleone would be a good template for Two-Face in a way.

I still think The Dark Knight is the best Batman film (The Batman is second on my list) but Affleck is still my favorite Batman/Bruce Wayne.

The thing about The Dark Knight for me and this is more and more the case with each viewing for me. I think at that time Heath's death was still on my mind and surely a lot of the audience around me. I still remember them chills from the opening sequence alone, but I found myself cheering for the Joker, lots of folks in my audience did too, and that ain't necessarily a good thing for a Batman film. lol Now, one can obviously say will thats your messed up ways and you know that seems fair. To quote Daniel Plainview in a way, Joker from the opening scene walks across the room for over two hours and drinks Batman's milkshake, he drinks all of it, in return we get mouth wide raspy voice for the final chapter. The Dark Knight is still the best cbm thus far.

That fairy scene seems way more illogical now, eh? Considering we've seen how selfish ppl are during this damn pandemic. No way in hell they don't press that button, either side. It was cool seeing Deebo tho. Eh.

Last edited:
Ben Affleck coming back? Hmmm…. A lot of scoopers indicating his return

I really hate WB man, this is such a mess. I know people don’t believe it, but having all these different Batmen is going to confuse people and dilute the brand. The Spider-Man situation isn’t very comparable. Those three separate franchises were easy to separate, but audiences are finding it much harder to figure out which Joker or Batman is in which universe. It’s getting really messy.

You’ve got Keaton and Nicholson, Affleck and Leto, Joaquin, and now Pattinson and Keoghan, and then back to Keaton, and then back to Affleck again? It’s just very messy. Spider-Man’s handling of the multiverse was so much smoother and easier to understand for general audiences. This is a dumpster fire… just throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Ben should’ve just stayed on until this universe was finished. Keaton is great but it’s going to further complicate things, and he is 70 ****ing years old. How many more movies does he have in him? You’re going to make an old man your main Batman in the DCEU… what?

I was thinking that Batgirl would be the main “Batman” going forward in present day post Flashpoint and Keaton would just be the “man in the chair” so to speak…training her and being the voice in her ear. Does Keaton suit up as Batman in present day?

He will definitely suit up in The Flash. But Keaton’s 70 years old. Granted, they could use stunt doubles for any action scenes he does.

Per the actual spoiler
the movie does end with most of the Snyderverse stuff excised as originally rumored, but siloed off in its own continuity rather than erased/destroyed outright. So they're leaving the door open for Ben to return via Multiverse stuff rather than killing him, but it still ends with Keaton as the new DCEU Batman going forward.

Batfleck got the look and fighting best, for me personally my favorite part of batman is his brain and detective skills. so far only reeves batman has given me that so as of now that is top batman. i feel like if reeve can get a better fight scene for his batman most will move on from batfleck. beyond that warehouse scene most dont have anything else to say about batfleck. i know its not his fault since we didnt get a movie with him.

Batfleck is my favorite Batman, but all the will he-won't he stuff has kinda run my well of excitement dry. Confirm it or don't, but it's hard to care either way at this point. Same for Cavill.

This clip makes me think that Ben could have been a good Golden age Superman. Acting is on point though.

Yeah, they replaced him with fan-favourite Keaton in the DCEU, only to give him 30 million to come back, even though he expressed multiple times he doesn't care for the role anymore. Very plausible scenario especially now that Zaslav the penny pincher took over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"