Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising, Ben likely doesn't want to keep doing this beyond what he is contractually committed to do. A lot of people saw this coming.

They need to recast as soon as possible.

How is comparison between what Studios want for a Spider-Man reboot and Batman who is not shown starting from year One justified ?

Everyone knows Spider-Man stared from his High School days, Batman even when he was in his first year as Batman was at least ten years older than what Spider-man in his first year.

This may lend credence to the rumor of a Flashpoint event taking place in JL.

This may lend credence to the rumor of a Flashpoint event taking place in JL.

Hope so. Soft reboot the entire thing, and let's start again from a stronger footing - keeping Gal, obviously :)

Just bring in Dick Grayson. Matt Reeves talked about wanting a "personal" Batman film so what better way to achieve that than by having it be a passing of the torch between adoptive father and son?

Which would be awesome because Reeves directing a (loose, let's be honest) adaptation of Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin is one of the best prospects I've heard for the franchise.

Not surprising, Ben likely doesn't want to keep doing this beyond what he is contractually committed to do. A lot of people saw this coming.

They need to recast as soon as possible.

Recast brigade is back again.

Just bring in Dick Grayson. Matt Reeves talked about wanting a "personal" Batman film so what better way to achieve that than by having it be a passing of the torch between adoptive father and son?

Reeves has already talked about Bruce `Wayne. We're definitely getting a recast.

Nope.

I will not accept a Batman that's not named Bruce Wayne.

Or Terry in the far and distant future :o

Hope so. Soft reboot the entire thing, and let's start again from a stronger footing - keeping Gal, obviously :)

Let's recast everyone, that will surely bring in more fans, we don't need Affleck, Leto, Eisenberg, Cavill, Amy, Margot, Gal, Ezra, Momoa...

Hard to imagine we'd get a Dick Grayson Batman when we also have a Nightwing movie in development.

Heck no, there is no need to recast the entire thing, just Affleck's role. Leave everything else the way it is.

Heck no, there is no need to recast the entire thing, just Affleck's role. Leave everything else the way it is.

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part in all the excitement!

No, no recasting is needed. A soft reboot with all cast other than Affleck is fine.

I'm still hoping that we get at least one standalone film with Ben. If it's not to be, however, so be it.

honestly enough of reboot talk.batman was rebooted 3 and and a half years after the dark knight rises.just recast like in original films.and follow the bond
model.

affleck is probaly gone after reshoots for justice league and promation.

I love Batman but i dont think we need another Batman trilogy.Sure make him a part of JL and in animated form,but there is a huge wealth of Batman films to go to and watch to satisfy my need to see Batman in live action.

Which would be awesome because Reeves directing a (loose, let's be honest) adaptation of Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin is one of the best prospects I've heard for the franchise.
**** no. And Dick Grayson is my favorite character.

Recast.

First, as I said a couple days ago, there is too much smoke behind these rumors for there not be fire and it just makes sense considering Affleck has alot of personal issues going on right now in his life and committing to a character that they probably have at least another 5 movies planned for is a big commitment. Honestly, I think he's thinning his work plate so he can work on his personal issues, which is understandable. I think it's inevitable that he leaves at this point.

Losing Affleck doesn't bother me at all, he's a good but not great actor, a solid but unspectacular Batman. Recasting him is fine with me, but the thought of who they replace him with does make me nervous, because the casting for this universe has been very hit or miss for me.

Does anyone remember the shortlist of actors they were considering when Affleck was cast? I know Josh Brolin was asked but turned it down and he's Thanos/Cable so at this point he's probably still out.

Armie Hammer and Ryan Gosling's names always get tossed into the mix for Batman but both are bad fits for the role IMO. Will be interesting to see who they replace him with that's for sure.

Eh, this feels like the matt reeves thing when his agent leaked the falling out with the studio, only to get more money. I think Batfleck knows they are kinda screwed if they want to move forward with JL2 and other potential batman cameos in various movies, I think he wants more money, which is his right. That is my take.

Eh, this feels like the matt reeves thing when his agent leaked the falling out with the studio, only to get more money. I think Batfleck knows they are kinda screwed if they want to move forward with JL2 and other potential batman cameos in various movies, I think he wants more money, which is his right. That is my take.

That’d be a foolish position to take. While he’s been generally well received in this part, he did not catapult the role into stardom like Downey. Nor has he been in this part long enough for the audience to have a strong investment with his involvement.

Like all the Batmen before him, he’s absolutely replaceable and the world moves on like normal.

That’d be a foolish position to take. While he’s been generally well received in this part, he did not catapult the role into stardom like Downey. Nor has he been in this part long enough for the audience to have a strong investment with his involvement.

Like all the Batmen before him, he’s absolutely replaceable and the world moves on like normal.
Yeah. At least wait till JL comes out to a great reception and follow up with an awesome Bat solo before trying tricks like that.

Everyone is replaceable, but with one rumored film left in his contract, so it makes sense to me to definitely ask more. I also dont care if he is recast.

I said from day one, it was weird for Affleck to take on this role just as he was enjoying a resurgence of respectability from the industry as an outstanding filmmaker.

He simply didn't need it.

The one two punch of BvS and Live By Night, plus all his personal issues clearly has him re-thinking things. Hope he stays, but hopefully he makes the right call for him.

There are all kinds of reasons he may not want to continue in the role. Chief among them; he's devoted a colossal amount of time and energy to the role for BVS and JUSTICE LEAGUE alone. A proposed JUSTICE LEAGUE sequel has essentially been pushed back, as has THE BATMAN. That essentially puts his career prospects in limbo over several years if he wants to continue being Batman.

It is what it is at this point.

Until something's confirmed it's still a rumour. I reckon if he does go though that Reeves will go for a younger Batman.

They'll Batman Forever it. Maybe go for someone in their mid-30's that looks like they could play older.

Therefore, continuity remains and its full steam ahead with The Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"