Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you've only just now given up hope of that happening, that does suggest a certain level of derangement on your part. :o

What, were they somehow going to crap out an entirely new script over a weekend, roll film now (a few months after Aquaman commenced) and somehow pry their way into that schedule before Aquaman's release?

Last edited:
tumblr_lqws3yrAgw1qiq8aao1_500.gif

Yeah, if you've only just now given up hope of that happening, that does suggest a certain level of derangement on your part. :o

What, were they somehow going to crap out an entirely new script over a weekend, roll film now (a few months after Aquaman commenced) and somehow pry their way into that schedule before Aquaman's release?

:whatever:

All sarcasm aside, a 2018 release was pretty much out of the cards the second Matt Reeves was hired on to direct. We knew going into this that Reeves would be busy with War for the Planet of the Apes until July, and it stands to reason that they guy would want a break after completing that film. The fact that Reeves is rewriting the script from the ground up effectively took a 2018 release date out back and shot it.

2019 is now our best-case scenario, and even that isn't a guarantee. It really boils down to how long it will take for Reeves to write the screenplay.

Do you think Zack Snyder's Batman scared the **** out of kids? :oldrazz:

t1YKQkR.gif
fxtUVrr.gif

S31ddxy.gif
rWNsQfi.gif

Glad they've got a friendlier version quipping around while knocking down the Parademons now. :oldrazz:
yU918Jj.gif

And boy does Ben seem to be able to adapt to it so seemlessly! :ilv:

Last edited:
He is a friendly BatBastard!

I still find his face looks weird in the my turn shot. I wonder if it's because he is basically lying down because in the other shots of this cowl his face doesnt look so round and chubby.
Still wish they kept the head/top part of the cowl less curved like the bvs one.

The heck? Ben Affleck's Batman future in doubt as Warner Bros. plots franchise http://thr.cm/kZwSJy

Ben Affleck is heading to Comic-Con this weekend to promote Warner Bros.’ upcoming Justice League movie, set for a Nov. 17 release. But how many more times is he likely to put on the Batsuit? Probably not many, if ever again.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

Exactly when and how that might happen has yet to be determined, but it would be wise to bet against Affleck starring in The Batman. Already he has stepped away from directing the film and Reeves is dropping the script that Affleck wrote with D.C. Entertainment’s Geoff Johns.

Reeves also has acknowledged that he has a Batman trilogy rolling around in his head, and given his success making two-thirds of a trilogy out of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes, it seems fair to anticipate that Warners will want him to realize his vision.
In addition, Affleck will turn 45 in August, so he would be pushing 50 before The Batman arrives in theaters. If Reeves makes a trilogy, Affleck would be in his mid-50s at best by the time that’s done. Maybe Tom Cruise could pull that off but Affleck’s body hasn’t exactly been a temple.
And while male stars have been able to stretch their action-film relevance further in an age when there are fewer bankable young stars (Robert Downey, Jr. is 52 and going strong as Iron Man), studios favor the fresh-faced — look what happened with Spider-Man, successfully rebooted with 21-year-old Tom Holland. (Affleck also just dropped out of the Netflix project Triple Frontier, and it’s not clear what his next movie will be. His reps declined to comment.)
Warners could hypothetically create dual Batmen, keeping Affleck in the role for a planned Justice League follow-up while letting Reeves cast his movie with a different star. But that hardly seems likely. The first Justice League already is at an inflection point: Director Zack Snyder has stepped away in mid-production and his successor, Joss Whedon, is said to be doing extensive reshoots. (Note that Justice League member Superman is played by Henry Cavill, 34, The Flash is Ezra Miller, 24, Aquaman is Jason Momoa, 37, and Wonder Woman is 32-year-old Gal Gadot.) And a second Justice League movie would be years down the road. THR reported Thursday that Shazam!, with a yet-to-be-cast title star, will be the next DC movie to shoot.

That is all over my twitter dash but I feared posting this here.

At this point I just want Affleck to drop out so everybody can move on with their ****ing lives.

Yeah. He's gone. THR don't just post clickbait.

Totally understandable if the guy doesn't want to commit to that many movies. Let's just hope they get the departure done and dusted as painlessly as possible, with a replacement announced quickly.

Ugh, what's "sources with a knowledge of situation" , how can they have some knowledge when most of Reeves movie is unwritten yet ?

They are ignoring that Hugh Jackman is 48 ? RDJ is 52 ? Mark Ruffalo is 49 ? Jeremy Renner is 46 ?

How is 45 year old Affleck older than that ?

It's really a shame though. I don't understand it. You guys are more informed than I am when it comes to reception of BvS and I read here his performance was well received. He obviously continues to act because he signed on other projects. So why not continue here? Why would the studio not want him? He is a great Batman.

The age argument is stupid as hell. No way that's it.

Ugh, what's "sources with a knowledge of situation" , how can they have some knowledge when most of Reeves movie is unwritten yet ?

They are ignoring that Hugh Jackman is 48 ? RDJ is 52 ? Mark Ruffalo is 49 ? Jeremy Renner is 46 ?

Downey Jr., Ruffalo, and Renner do not have roles that require them to stay in peak physical shape. And Hugh Jackman is a gym freak. He's an exception, not the norm. We have Affleck on record as saying he is not a fan of the workout regiment, so it's simply not comparable.

THR has posted rumors before...I really hope this isn't true. Would be a huge hit to the franchise, IMO. Ben has been great in everything we've seen so far, and it looks like he's been getting back into shape recently. This would suck if true...favorite Batman and Bruce.

I spend half my life on twitter and reading articles about movie 'news' and I can say confidently that among all the stupid stuff I read this week - and it was a lot - their argument Affleck is too old and the studio wants younger actors is the dumbest thing.

Jackman wanted out. RDJ appears to want out. They bring fans. No way studio wants any of those famous actors out because of age especially since they are in amazing shape

And what exactly has Reeves' script to do with Affleck's (not) returning? Absolutely nothing.
Clearly he doesn't care and he probably never really cared but BIG money and the fact that almost every actor wants a big franchise made the difference.

Downey Jr., Ruffalo, and Renner do not have roles that require them to stay in peak physical shape. And Hugh Jackman is a gym freak. He's an exception, not the norm. We have Affleck on record as saying he is not a fan of the workout regiment, so it's simply not comparable.

Not really, he is just committed :funny: Although I suppose if you do something so many times over 17 years you may just continue down that road out of habit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"