• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that realization you speak of to be a bit ironically timed considering he pulled out of directing and writing after his movie flopped. Affleck always struck me as someone who takes his flops too hard on the chin. Daredevil, his movies with Lopez and now Live by Night. To me I get the feeling he wants to be remembered as a-lister actor/director rather than that guy from terrible movies.

He did go through alcohol rehab, a divorce and a critical/financial flop at work, after extra work on re-writing JL with Johns a few months earlier.

We should all be happy that he stepped down and the next Nolan :-)sly:) is in charge instead of Ben who's still on light duties, or putting his life back in shape right now.

True. Affleck is one of my favourite actors (along with former Batman Christian Bale). I'm definitely rooting for the guy. Really digging his Batman and I want him to prove all these "sources" wrong about leaving the role. He's going to knock it out of the park.

True. Affleck is one of my favourite actors (along with former Batman Christian Bale). I'm definitely rooting for the guy. Really digging his Batman and I want him to prove all these "sources" wrong about leaving the role. He's going to knock it out of the park.

I hope so too :yay:

Ben was honored last night at the Starkey Gala for his humanitarian work with the Eastern Congo. Well deserved.

tumblr_ot7l5gWrkz1w2ns0po1_1280.jpg

DE5Q3AkUwAAA7Es.jpg

Boy's looking good. He's practically ripping out of that shirt.

I reckon BatFleck directed by Reeves is about as good an actor/director combo as we could ask for from this upcoming film.

Ridley Scott+Fassbender would have been amazing too =P

I reckon BatFleck directed by Reeves is about as good an actor/director combo as we could ask for from this upcoming film.

Currently my most anticipated film. All I need now is a time machine....

Batman has been made a priority...I wouldn't be surprised if filming started in a few months. It appears Ben has been training.

F everything else for now. Just focus on the big job! :)

Batman has been made a priority...I wouldn't be surprised if filming started in a few months. It appears Ben has been training.
They are doing a page-one rewrite of the script, and Reeves is taking a break after War for the Planet of the Apes. The Batman isn't shooting in 2017.

Clickbait and #fakenews about to go 0-100 :o

Movies have never started filming before the script was complete, right? You guys speak in too many absolutes on here; none of really know what's going on to it's actually reported. It COULD happen...not saying it will.

Do we know how many movies Affleck is signed on for? Is it one more JL and one Batman solo film?

I think he's only contracted for one more film after Justice League.

That concerns me. If JL is met with a mixed/poor reception I could see him wanting to leave after his solo movie. Its the only reason I was opposed to casting him; why limit the Batman in this cinematic universe to however many films you can squeeze out of Affleck? If this does indeed take place, maybe Matt Reeves will reinvigorate his enthusiasm for the role.

If Ben Affleck leaves the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman after Justice League then who will play the new Bruce/Batman especially since we are supposed to get JL Part II and then a Batman solo film...especially if Ben does in fact walk after this

Richard Armitage, if he was open to it. His features are a bit sharper, but he's a very talented actor and he has an edge to him that Batman needs. Plus he's tall and has blue eyes.

Yeeeah, I have no interest in seeing this thread turn into another round of armchair casting over a role we don't even know will actually be vacant anytime soon, so...
Ben was honored last night at the Starkey Gala for his humanitarian work with the Eastern Congo. Well deserved.

tumblr_ot7l5gWrkz1w2ns0po1_1280.jpg

DE5Q3AkUwAAA7Es.jpg

I love that the medal fits him like a f***ing choker.

Or Jon Hamm to replace Ben Affleck

Yeeeah, I have no interest in seeing this thread turn into another round of armchair casting over a role we don't even know will actually be vacant anytime soon, so...

Hypesters putting the cart before the horse again. How rare. :o

Ya don't know who started this cycle again :whatever:

----------------------------------------------------------

Ben's signed for BvS, JL and The Batman.

We will know what happens early next year, depending on Ben's mental/physical health, JL's performance, and Reeves' own creative plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"