Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know... but I'm not sure. I hope it's him!

source.gif

Matt Reeves followed him on twitter around 1.5 month ago. He has nearly been cast as Batman before.

Last edited:
I don't think it's ever been done with a main character... The only example I can conjure up of a major character getting recast in a big franchise is Dumbledore and they had no choice but to do a hard recast because the previous actor passed away + they didn't have the creative liberty to justify a recast due to them being tethered to the canon of the HP books

James Bond.

I think I know... but I'm not sure. I hope it's him!

source.gif

Matt Reeves followed him on twitter around 1.5 month ago. He has nearly been cast as Batman before.
Oh geez, you're talking about Armie Hammer, aren't you?

No thanks.

Wait, did Matt Reeves really follow Armie on Twitter? Armie has been very coy about his involvement with DC. Perhaps the two have already been in talks for a while behind-the-scenes in preparation for Ben’s departure?

//conspiracy

Yeah... no.

A recast is bound to happen, GothamBat. Even if Reeves sets his Batman film/s in the past with a younger Batman, what about future Justice League films set in the present day? Well now instead of recasting Affleck with one actor, you're doing it with two.

A hard recast is simply the best course of action in order to keep things moving along. You're just going to have to find a way to reconcile it, sorry to say.

If they went that route, telling past Batman stories with a younger Bruce, allowing Affleck the freedom to do other things, they could still pay Affleck good money to just be in the JL movies.

If Ben doesn't return for a JL sequel at the very least, Jon Hamm or Richard Armitage would be a suitable replacement. No Hammer please.

Armie Hammer as Batman seems about as uninspired and vanilla as you can get.

If Ben doesn't return for a JL sequel at the very least, Jon Hamm or Richard Armitage would be a suitable replacement. No Hammer please.

Matt Reeves is going for Batman trilogy. There is no way they will cast + 45 year old actors. Actors in 30s makes more sense, for example Bale was 30 years old in BB and 38 in his last film TDKR.

At least a couple months ago, I think.

I hope it means nothing. I REALLY don't get Hammer's appeal at all.
Fans largely are attracted to actors who share physical traits of the characters. Hammer is tall, has a square jaw and a deep Batman-y voice. That's about all he has going for him.

Frankly, I feel the same way with the choice of Jon Hamm.

Affleck has similar characteristics but a bit more range than Hamm and Hammer. He doesn't quite have the acting range (or commitment to the craft) as Christian Bale, which is why I found him to be a step backwards for the genre. My views are probably in the minority though.

However, I think Affleck does work within the context of Snyder's world -- which is why he is seen in a positive light.

Last edited:
Armie Hammer as Batman seems about as uninspired and vanilla as you can get.

Yup.

I have nothing against the guy and he’s a decent actor, but the only thing that would excite me about Hammer being cast as Batman is that I wouldn’t have to see Affleck again.

Was Richard Armitage in serious consideration, or was his name just brought up by fans?

Fans largely are attracted to actors who share physical traits of the characters. Hammer is tall, has a square jaw and a deep Batman-y voice. That's about all he has going for him.

Frankly, I feel the same way with the choice of Jon Hamm.

Affleck has similar characteristics but a bit more range than Hamm and Hammer. He doesn't quite have the acting range (or commitment to the craft) as Christian Bale, which is why I found him to be a step backwards for the genre. My views are probably in the minority though.

However, I think Affleck does work within the context of Snyder's world -- which is why he is seen in a positive light.
Agreed. Bale was the best to me (even with that voice), but Affleck works fine for Snyder's version. I just...don't like that version.

But Hammer doesn't even LOOK the part to me, that's what's extra baffling. I mean sure, hair can be dyed, but even then, his features are so...dainty, lol. And I guess I have a very different definition of "square-jawed" than a lot of people, because to me, this:

michael_fassbender_2_h_2015.jpg
...is a square jaw.

This:

henrycavilldd0f4edd49af0f6cca2f.jpg
Is a square jaw.

As is this:
jamesnorton_88996061_88996060.jpg

And this:
stephenamerllar_2012_kh_0913r.jpg

Whereas this:

armie111114_560.jpg

Armie_Hammer_TIFF_2016_04.jpg

Is....a jaw?

Jon Hamm would be a perfect replacement

Though I am kinda warming up to the idea of Hammer

Agreed. Bale was the best to me (even with that voice), but Affleck works fine for Snyder's version. I just...don't like that version.

But Hammer doesn't even LOOK the part to me, that's what's extra baffling. I mean sure, hair can be dyed, but even then, his features are so...dainty, lol. And I guess I have a very different definition of "square-jawed" than a lot of people, because to me, this:

michael_fassbender_2_h_2015.jpg
...is a square jaw.

This:

henrycavilldd0f4edd49af0f6cca2f.jpg
Is a square jaw.

As is this:
jamesnorton_88996061_88996060.jpg

And this:
stephenamerllar_2012_kh_0913r.jpg

Whereas this:

armie111114_560.jpg

Armie_Hammer_TIFF_2016_04.jpg