• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Roven also had the following to say during a recent interview with The Washington Times.
“From everything I know, he’s going to play that Batman. They’re retooling the script, so I can’t really say anything for certain.”

My guess from that USA Today quote aligning with the reports from a few months back with THR is that Ben will probably return one last time as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Flashpoint and Barry's messing around with time will result in a new actor in the role as Bruce at the film's end.

Ben has one film left on his contract to play Batman and is finally starting to admit what's been reported for ages now (that he wants out), Matt Reeves has already been on record that he wants to do a full trilogy of Batman movies. They're not going to have Ben star in The Batman if he's only interested in playing the role one more time and looking for a way out of it.

If they want a YOUNG Batman, I wouldn't mind Hammer.

But I would squeal if Armitage were to be Batman. Makeup could help him look younger :p (photo was just last year)
p4_HNLx5.jpg

Im amazed Ben is as patient as he is. If I was Ben, every time somebody asked me if I was returning to the role or leaving I'd just stare at them until the awkward silence became unbearable for them. Ffs, every Tom, Dick, and Harry has asked him that question. Reminds me of an annoying child asking, "Are we there yet?" over and over and over.

Go to 40 year old, and convince Michael Fassbender. He has the gravitas to be Bruce Wayne and Batman. ( and i could see him alongside Gal, and the others)

Ben's my favourite, but Fassbender would be incredible as a replacement.

Hopefully that's the case, I'm not very familiar with Reeves or his approach/style. As long as WB is replicating whatever their own approach was with Patty Jenkins and WW, allowing a good creative team the space to make a good movie, I'm all for whatever pieces need to shift in or out.

Yea. Reeves had this to say regarding compromising his vision for the POTA series he was asked to take over:
"When I come in, what I say is, ‘Look. First of all, you’re asking me if I’m interested in this franchise. I am. I love this franchise. I’ve loved it since I was a kid. But here’s the way in which I’m interested in it. And if you’re not interested in it in that way, then that’s totally fine.’ And the good news was, they said, ‘Yeah, we’re really interested in that way.’ And I remember this on Dawn, too. There would be moments where I came in for a pitch that was a certain version of the movie, and somewhere along the way, because they didn’t know me or whatever it was, they’d say, ‘Why don’t we do this?’ And I would just simply say, ‘But that’s not the movie that we talked about. That’s not the movie I want to do.’ And I have to say that they always backed down when it came down to that. And it’s kind of the way that I’ve always done it. And here’s the thing: I’m always happy not to do something. I’m usually looking for the reason to say no.”

Yup, I think Affleck's bowing out after Flashpoint. Would make a lot of sense too, since they can just replace with a different actor. I don't think the reviews for Justice League are gonna help at all either.

So are we operating under the assumption that Flashpoint is happening before The Batman?

I'm not. Flashpoint seems like an even loftier and more ambitious project, which I doubt can be ready for release in 2019 or early 2020. No director is even attached yet.

I think The Batman pre-production is further along than it seems.

So are we operating under the assumption that Flashpoint is happening before The Batman?

I think so, yeah. Weren't there reports or rumors recently that Warner Bros are close to announcing who's going to end up directing Flashpoint?

Normally I'd lean towards The Batman happening first, but with there only being one film left on Ben's contract and him now repeating the same stuff that THR said right before Comic Con ("looking for a graceful way out"), I'm thinking Warner Bros will try to get that out first so they can trade out Affleck for whoever Reeves wants in the role and retcon whatever sort of other details they want about the DCEU moving forward (i.e. changing it so that Superman and Batman have never killed anyone, redesign the Joker, etc).

Honestly I'd prefer for that to not be the case. I think it's a bit much to go through all the trouble for an in-universe way of explaining why Bruce Wayne suddenly looks different and younger, but given that there's other complaints that fans have had with the DCEU to date in terms of characterization, it makes sense to use Flashpoint as a way of fixing that up.

Let's say flashpoint allows a new actor in - what exit does Ben deserve? what would we like to see? Would it be business as normal and it would only be Barry who noticed the change? or an almost emotional send off to that character.

I would LOVE for Ben to stick around as long as he can. He has thus far been my favorite live action Batman.

But if he were to be replaced it is better to do it now for the sake of future films, especially if JL is sort of the staring point for the future of DCEU. I am 99.9% sure the rest of the JL (Cavilla, Gadot, Miller, etc.) will be sticking around for the long haul, but if Ben is still up in the air it might be best to just find a replacement just as good as Ben and actually have that actor stick around for awhile.

Duck tales. Ben is out and we all know it.

If I knew for certain that he wasn't returning for at least one more film (whether that comes in the form of a standalone movie or a JL sequel), I wouldn't be anticipating an official announcement from the studio. And yet, I find myself doing just that.

Sure, the writing's on the wall—I don't deny that—but I'm still holding out hope all the same.

I had no idea he was on Kimmel promoting the film last night.

[YT]wIK3h3w8fPU[/YT]

If I knew for certain that he wasn't returning for at least one more film (whether that comes in the form of a standalone movie or a JL sequel), I wouldn't be anticipating an official announcement from the studio. And yet, I find myself doing just that.

Sure, the writing's on the wall—I don't deny that—but I'm still holding out hope all the same.

That's perfectly fair. Keep in mind though that chances are pretty high that Affleck's next performance as the Batman- if it happens- will probably be a much smaller appearance than the ones he made in BvS or Justice League.

Did you guys see how Henry revealed Ben was constantly vocal about how hot the suit is, and Ezra at another time said that Ben had to go in jogging shorts in the Batmobile to avoid overheating? I remember both Christian Bale and Michael Keaton complained of this too. Michael Keaton, in fact, said it'd give him full on migraines. I'm thinking this could be one of the reasons Ben is seriously rethinking playing the role.

You know, now that I think about it, Batman is the only superhero that I can recall hearing actors constantly complain about wearing the costume. I suppose it makes sense, given how it's typically pretty bulky and covers almost all of the actor's body. But a lot of superhero costumes are the same way.

This is why the future of the batsuit is at least partly digital.

You know, now that I think about it, Batman is the only superhero that I can recall hearing actors constantly complain about wearing the costume. I suppose it makes sense, given how it's typically pretty bulky and covers almost all of the actor's body. But a lot of superhero costumes are the same way.

I'm sure it isn't pleasant, but I'd take the costume over sitting in a chair for hours getting my skin painted blue or green every time.

I'm sure it isn't pleasant, but I'd take the costume over sitting in a chair for hours getting my skin painted blue or green every time.

I'd gladly sit in that chair. Just put on some music and let the make-up artists work their magic.

Adam West had it pretty easy by comparison. All he dealt with was restricted peripheral vision and itchy tights! :funny:

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I hate the idea of using Flashpoint to cast a younger actor. I also think having Bruce pass the mantle to Dick is another bad idea. If Ben leaves, (and I hope he doesn't) just re-cast the part and be done with it.

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I hate the idea of using Flashpoint to cast a younger actor. I also think having Bruce pass the mantle to Dick is another bad idea. If Ben leaves, (and I hope he doesn't) just re-cast the part and be done with it.

That is exactly how I feel.

Did you guys see how Henry revealed Ben was constantly vocal about how hot the suit is, and Ezra at another time said that Ben had to go in jogging shorts in the Batmobile to avoid overheating? I remember both Christian Bale and Michael Keaton complained of this too. Michael Keaton, in fact, said it'd give him full on migraines. I'm thinking this could be one of the reasons Ben is seriously rethinking playing the role.
That's why I think Reeves and his costume team should take a long look at what they've accomplished with the Black Panther suits. Those provide a great template for making a Batman suit that's not all foam padding and rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"