Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's try and keep this thread on track....it's for discussing Ben Affleck playing Batman.

Keep the generalizations about people out of here.....keep the name calling out of here. Be civil.

Honestly, between his divorce, his treatment/recovery for alcohol addiction, and now people digging up his past indiscretions, I imagine Affleck would like nothing more than to disappear out of the limelight for a while. Not going to get that playing one of the most iconic figures in pop culture.

I've been of the mind for months that he is going to walk away. This recent development all but ensures it to me.

I mean let's look at what we know...

1. There's a video of him groping a woman from 2003, which he apologized for. At the same time though, if you watch the video, at no point do you see him touch her breast. Now he still apologized for it, but it could be just him bending, instead of trying to argue with her on Twitter.

2. Him and this other host staged a raunchy interview. No sexual assault happened here.

3. He allegedly groped a woman's butt in 2014.

Maybe he did these things, but maybe he didn't. Maybe he did grab her boob, but it was an accident. I think this is why this whole thing hasn't completely blown up, because it's just not enough.

A pretty boy millionaire with gambling and alcohol problems grabbed a woman's butt... what else is new? I'm not saying that what he did was right, but I'm surprised that people's perceptions of him have been so dramatically altered because of this.

Honestly, between his divorce, his treatment/recovery for alcohol addiction, and now people digging up his past indiscretions, I imagine Affleck would like nothing more than to disappear out of the limelight for a while. Not going to get that playing one of the most iconic figures in pop culture.

I've been of the mind for months that he is going to walk away. This recent development all but ensures it to me.

Yeah... I definitely think he wants out of the limelight. Unfortunately, things started going south when he took on the role.

Agreed. I thought he had one more movie in him but now I'd be surprised if he puts the cowl back on.

I'm with Boom...

But also he's a high profile director. He's developing a couple of other movies. he can't just bow out of the limelight so to speak.

I think some people are exaggerating the amount of accusations to come out, to my knowledge at least. So far, he apologized for the one where the video evidence is still inconclusive. The other one was staged, so it's a non-issue unless you don't check your facts. The only one that is of significance to me was him groping that lady at some awards party at 2014. That's ONE accusation. How he goes about it is up to him. But all the other allegations after that, I'm skeptical of, because it's all "eye-witness" and "friends of friends" that are nobodies who seem more to be cashing in on the attention than actual victims.
I'm with Boom...

But also he's a high profile director. He's developing a couple of other movies. he can't just bow out of the limelight so to speak.

It should be easier for directors to stay out of the limelight than actors I would imagine, since directors work behind the camera, and don't necessarily need to be the face of the project. I mean look at JL, before this Ben thing, neither directors are planned to do any promos.

Affleck will probably be alright. I mean his brother just won an Oscar with the same accusations. He'll probably fall back from the spotlight for a while then work his way back by doing more directing than acting

I'm with Boom...

I mean he can't disappear entirely, being an Oscar-winning filmmaker. But directorial projects like The Town or even Argo are significantly more low-key than working on something like Batman. He's not going to have a feverish group of fans following every tiny development on a day-to-day basis.

I think some people are exaggerating the amount of accusations to come out, to my knowledge at least. So far, he apologized for the one where the video evidence is still inconclusive. The other one was staged, so it's a non-issue unless you don't check your facts. The only one that is of significance to me was him groping that lady at some awards party at 2014. That's ONE accusation. How he goes about it is up to him. But all the other allegations after that, I'm skeptical of, because it's all "eye-witness" and "friends of friends" that are nobodies who seem more to be cashing in on the attention than actual victims.

I think a lot of it is fueled by the seeming hypocrisy of his statement on Weinstein. If it was worded better (maybe an admission of his poor behaviour in the past) it could have staved off some of the anger.

I think a lot of it is fueled by the seeming hypocrisy of his statement on Weinstein. If it was worded better (maybe an admission of his poor behaviour in the past) it could have staved off some of the anger.

He should've never made that statement. This is a textbook example of trying to distance yourself from someone toxic, only to backfire on you.

He should've never made that statement. This is a textbook example of trying to distance yourself from someone toxic, only to backfire on you.

And this is exactly why a lot of celebs don't comment on anything, and we wonder why won't they comment? They must be *******s...

As one of the high-profile Hollywood elites closely associated with Weinstein, just like Streep and Clooney, he had to issue a statement. There's no way around that.

yup. people did not see it as a sincere statement when affleck condemned weinstein on twitter.

let's be honest, any bloke can post any "noble" statements all they want on twitter. it's just words -- real action is what counts.

people perceive the hypocrisy in it -- and saw it as him distancing himself from an old business associate because he did not wanna be entangled in that mess -- not that he actually cared about these women that were victimized.
or maybe he sincerely does now? but all these past indiscretions of affleck cast doubt on that.

people just start digging for your past dirt if they feel you're being a hypocrite.
internet mob justice these days.

On a related topic...

I love this image.

0LuoVTM.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he went back on the sauce after this week so close to press junket.

The picture of Affleck in the Batsuit is OK.....but when I mostly read Batman comics they were being drawn by two of the best....Neal Adams and Jim Aparo. To me Bats is more lean. He's muscular but not blocky.

It's difficult to see him being in it for the long haul now, if that was ever part of the plan.

The picture of Affleck in the Batsuit is OK.....but when I mostly read Batman comics they were being drawn by two of the best....Neal Adams and Jim Aparo. To me Bats is more lean. He's muscular but not blocky.

He does look pretty damn chubby in that photo. I tend to agree with you. He looks best when he’s shaped as muscular but athletic.

Aparo drew the definitive Batman for many years. I especially like the way he drew the cowl. Colan, Gulacy and Adams also knocked it out of the park.

Then, after Miller/Janson, Mazzuchelli arrived with an even more impressionistic take, along with shorter ears. To me, Batfleck represents a hybrid of how Mazz and Lee draw Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"