• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he suggested he share a room with a female co-star or something like that.

There's that one AND this one
According to Gorka’s complaint, she awoke in the middle of the night to find Affleck lying in bed next to her. She alleges that the actor was “curled up next to her in the bed wearing only his underwear and a T-shirt. He had his arm around her, was caressing her back, his face was within inches of hers and his breath reeked of alcohol.” Unaware of how long Affleck had been there or whether or not he had touched her while she slept, Gorka said she was “shocked and repulsed.” When she ordered Affleck out of bed, he allegedly responded, “Why?” to which she replied, “Because you are married and you are my boss.” Affleck then allegedly asked if she was “sure,” and when Gorka remained resolute, she claimed Affleck “left and slammed the door in anger.” Gorka then said that she flew back to New York, informed her agent of Affleck’s sexual advances, and quit the project.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/casey...turbing-allegations-against-the-oscar-hopeful

Good thinking. Doubting victims is always the best policy.

The best policy is innocent until proven guilty. By your logic we should take anyone's word for it. Do you have any idea how many false accusation cases there are that causes people's careers to be over. Sorry but proof comes first always or we would live in chaos.

The best policy is innocent until proven guilty. By your logic we should take anyone's word for it. Do you have any idea how many false accusation cases there are that causes people's careers to be over. Sorry but proof comes first always or we would live in chaos.

Hmmm. Do you take Ben Affleck’s word for it? He felt the need to apologise on Twitter, indicating that the accusation Burton made was accurate.

And please, tell me what examples you know of where a powerful male in Hollywood has had their career ruined by a false accusation of sexual misconduct.

I think this will blow over just like it blew over when Bale assaulted his mom and sister in 08.

With respect, a man with depression and other mental issues caused by his dysfunctional upbringing, entering into an altercation with his own family members, which was dropped with no further action by the police... is not the same as a man sexually assaulting a woman.

Last edited:
With respect, a man with depression and other mental issues caused by his dysfunctional upbringing, entering into an altercation with his own family members, which was dropped with no further action by the police... is not the same as a man sexually assaulting a woman.

They aren't the same, but don't make excuses for a guy physically assaulting two women. Both are wrong. I think you missed my point.

And to your point, people who commit sexual violence are usually mentally disturbed people. You're point doesn't make what Bale did any "better" than what Affleck did. So the point you're trying to make is invalid.

Hmmm. Do you take Ben Affleck’s word for it? He felt the need to apologise on Twitter, indicating that the accusation Burton made was accurate.

And please, tell me what examples you know of where a powerful male in Hollywood has had their career ruined by a false accusation of sexual misconduct.

I was talking in general not just this situation but what I said still applies

Also "Powerful male"? Really? God you're annoying.

Apparently Rose McGowan has been suspended on twitter.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was the result of DCEU fanatics reporting her tweets en masse because she dared to attack Batfleck.

They aren't the same, but don't make excuses for a guy physically assaulting two women. Both are wrong. I think you missed my point.

And to your point, people who commit sexual violence are usually mentally disturbed people. You're point doesn't make what Bale did any "better" than what Affleck did. So the point you're trying to make is invalid.

Did you see the ‘no further action’ bit of my post?

But, you’re right, assaulting two women is absolutely not right, even if no charges were brought... however conflating that with what Affleck has apparently done isn’t fair at all. Entirely different circumstances, with mitigating circumstances.

If Bale has done something like Affleck, I’d be saying exactly the same things about him.

And Affleck has not committed sexual violence. Assault does not mean violence.

I was talking in general not just this situation but what I said still applies.

It really doesn’t. Women who cone forward with claims of sexual assault should be believed until proven otherwise. If you simply say ‘no proof, didn’t happen’ - you’re helping the culture of abuse continue.

Did you see the ‘no further action’ bit of my post?

But, you’re right, assaulting two women is not right, however conflating that with what Affleck has apparently done isn’t fair at all. Entirely different circumstances. If Bale has done something like Affleck, I’d be saying exactly the same things about him.

And Affleck has not committed sexual violence. Assault does not mean violence.

Yes, assault actually does mean violence. But that's a totally different argument.

Yes, assault actually does mean violence. But that's a totally different argument.

No, it doesn’t. Trust me on this, I know whereof I speak. No physical contact needs to occur for assault to take place. And if contact does occur it does not need to be classed as ‘violent’ to be assault. You can commit assault by gently cupping a woman’s breast, for instance.

The involvement of violence is actually called ‘battery’, though the word assault is mistaken to mean use of violence a lot.

Do you have any idea how many false accusation cases there are that causes people's careers to be over.

More than the number of actual abuse cases the world over, I bet.

No, it doesn’t. Trust me on this, I know whereof I speak. No physical contact needs to occur for assault to take place. And if contact does occur it does not need to be classed as ‘violent’ to be assault. You can commit assault by gently cupping a woman’s breast, for instance.

The involvement of violence is actually called ‘battery’, though the word assault is mistaken to mean use of violence a lot.

Yea in the legal sense of the word. Totally different argument. I'm with you there. But I totally disagree about the physical contact thing. With out physical contact it's harassment, not assault.

That's bull crap. Words can hurt feelings. Equating that with physical violence is a huge part of what's wrong with America.

Words can do more than 'hurt feelings', speaking as someone who has been bullied by both 'methods' in my life, I can vouch how much damage words and physical violence, both cause pain. I am not trying to hold a 'what's worse' scenario, verbal v physical, both are absolutely unacceptable and have no place.

I think Ben needs help. The drinking, the fluctuation in weight, the Botox injections, the divorce, and the obvious emotional disconnect from his role as Batman. I think this should be taken as a cry for help, he definitely has issues.

People can hate and shun him, or they can try to forgive and support him to get help and improve on his life. Maybe it's me, but I would rather see the guy take a long break to get his life back in order and reflect on his mistakes, then to see people chase him with torches and pitchforks.

I think Ben needs help. The drinking, the fluctuation in weight, the Botox injections, the divorce, and the obvious emotional disconnect from his role as Batman. I think this should be taken as a cry for help, he definitely has issues.

People can hate and shun him, or they can try to forgive and support him to get help and improve on his life. Maybe it's me, but I would rather see the guy take a long break to get his life back in order and reflect on his mistakes, then to see people chase him with torches and pitchforks.

That's Aquaman's job.

Words can do more than 'hurt feelings', speaking as someone who has been bullied by both 'methods' in my life, I can vouch how much damage words and physical violence, both cause pain. I am not trying to hold a 'what's worse' scenario, verbal v physical, both are absolutely unacceptable and have no place.

I wasn't saying either is ok. My point is, in America, legally, we are free to say what we want. My point is words are not violence. Words can be hurtful. I was picked on from the first day I started school till the last, so I know how words can impact someone.

I wasn't saying either is ok. My point is, in America, legally, we are free to say what we want. My point is words are not violence. Words can be hurtful. I was picked on from the first day I started school till the last, so I know how words can impact someone.

If one (anyone) speaks violently to someone in a harsh, threatening manner, the threat of violence is in the voice. It's a agree to disagree situation SHF123.

Even if that's the case, I pretty much expect the latter to unfold. Most people aren't exactly forgiving when it comes to stuff like this, so unless this blows over sooner than expected, I think Affleck's name is going to keep being dragged through the mud.

]People can hate and shun him, or they can try to forgive and support him to get help and improve on his life. Maybe it's me, but I would rather see the guy take a long break to get his life back in order and reflect on his mistakes, then to see people chase him with torches and pitchforks.

You may be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back