Blade Blade Director

spider-neil

spins a web any size!
Reaction score
I think Gareth Edwards would be a fantastic choice for obvious reasons.

Nia DaCosta? Director of Little Woods, a neo-western starring Tessa Thompson and Lily James. It got a bit of praise and she’ll be helming the upcoming Candyman reboot under Jordan Peele.

Horror cred.

Either that (someone fitting the Marvel mold of directors) or something crazy like Mahershala convincing Barry Jenkins to come aboard.

Jordan Peele or Guillermo del Toro

Jordan has sadly said he wouldn’t direct it. What a shame.

What about Hiro Murai. Oh my gosh that would be so good!

What about Jennifer Kent? I'm not familiar with her work but her movies Babadook and Nightingale seem to have received good reviews from the critics.

Jordan Peele or Guillermo del Toro

Love del toro but not for this. I don't want his beutiful/ugly imagery for this. Would prefer vampires to be more like from interview with the vampire than anything like the strain. Jordan peele maybe, but us was well made but a bad story. The story doesn't have to be overcomplicated. Just need someone that can tell it well, make it look good with nice action and lots of tension.

Spike Lee should do it. He could give it the NYC attitude and bloodlust that it deserves. Him and Feige together could be good.

I wouldn't be opposed to Leitch, obviously he does action really well.

Salim Akil is another good choice, but he's probably all sewn up with Black Lightning.

Spike Lee should do it. He could give it the NYC attitude and bloodlust that it deserves. Him and Feige together could be good.
I don't want to take too bold and definitive a stance on these sort of things because you never really know, but... I just can't see that happening.

I don't want to take too bold and definitive a stance on these sort of things because you never really know, but... I just can't see that happening.

Agree. Spike wants an oscar and it is highly doubtful the academy will award one to a superhero film, no matter how good.

Have a few good names...

Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, Don’t Breathe)

Andre Overdal (Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, The Autopsy Of Jane Doe)

Alexandre Aja (Crawl, The Hills Have Eyes)

Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, The Equalizer)

Sam Raimi (Spider-Man, Army Of Darkness)

Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler, Velvet Buzzsaw)

Fede Alvarez is my pick.

Man I would love if Jordan Peele did this movie. Unfortunately I don't see him doing it but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

I see a strong possibility that Barry Jenkins is re-teaming with Maherssalah...BJ is already part of the company with the new Lion King movie

Leigh Whannell or Spike Lee

Spike Lee would need to have absolute, total control for him to touch a comic book property, I'm guessing. That man does not make films-by-committee.

There are going to be people who want a black director for this.

Of all the names floated so far that are willing to do it?

Fuqua.

I love they went with a left field choice. Bassam Tariq did a phenomenal job with Mogul Mowgli.

Saw the trailer, looked really good!

Will check it out immediately!

With the film now needing a new director, who do people want now? For me, I think they should look at Fallah and Arbi.

…because they helmed a movie , that we never know will be good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"