• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 7: In The Name of Honor (Spoiler Discussion)

I know that. I love that unfinished animation to death.

I guess what I was trying to say that from some of the flashback earlier in the show to Kamino and Geonosis it felt like they were going to talk more about Boba and Jango but they never really did.

I could see them going back to it in Mando S3 because with Jango' being a Mando.
I took the flashbacks/visions to be tied to his need for family and him feeling tied to his father's fate (he's literally tied up in a "family" tree). He watched his father fly off over and over, while he bonded with his found family in the Tuskens. A group that showed he wasn't tied to his father's destiny. He didn't just have to be a bounty hunter. They are then taken away from him, like Jango was. He then finds a new family in Fennec, BK, the mods, etc.

Last edited:
Time to watch episode 5 of Book of Boba Fett, after a 2 week hiatus for The Mandalorian.

That was pretty much what was expected. No real twists or surprises. Pretty much the full summation of this series. Not exactly good, but enough for me to enjoy in order to not hate it.

Yeah decent finale but nothing special in the end, kind of like the series as a whole, a little disjointed and never quite sure what it was meant to be but with some cool moments here and there. Some of the action felt odd and stiff again and Bane should have been introduced a lot sooner in the series for it to really pay off in the end, he was one of the best things about the show but didnt have nearly enough screen time overall to impact the way he could have done as main antagonist.

The Rancor bits were really good and well done at least but could kind of see it coming from a while back, still the bits with it and Grogu were well done. I dont know if it was the writing or the directing but Rodriguez's episodes were the weakest quite easily in the end but the whole structure of the show was all over the shop given it was only 7 episodes long.

Perhaps it was my own fault for expecting something very different for a Boba Fett show in my head and didnt expect it to be this closely tied into Mando and his story again but this felt like an add on for that show rather than its own thing. There were some good moments and cool ideas throughout but as whole it wasnt quite what I thought we were getting, strange feeling towards it in the end kind of feels like a missed opportunity overall and not really sure we will get a season 2 or whether its even needed.

I still really liked the final showdown though and I'm not too mad about him being killed off, but man imagine how much better this show could have been had we been introduced to him in the first episode, and they just slowly built of the dread and the menace of his character throughout the show.

Yes. Also I just thought about this, if they wanted to wait for Filoni to introduce him, an alternative way they could've dealt with Cad was make this an 8 episode season and considering the last few episodes focused on specific characters, have the penultimate episode be Cad Bane-centric, with maybe some flashbacks of Boba and him thrown in to give the general audience some history. Probably an impractical thought because that would probably balloon the budget. I don't know. Just could've used more of him.

IMHO there was absolutely no reason for Mandalorian and Grogu to show up in this series. They didn't need to be there.

Episode 5 would've been the perfect way to open S3 of Mandalorian.
Yeah, it was too jarring for me having an entire episode of Mandalorian in this show which seriously need more time anyway. It feels like a great MS3 episode. Din showing up for the finale of this after a quick earlier appearance would have been fine with me. We already knew him and Boba had links from MS2 so that full episode was overkill and killed the already slow momentum of Boba's story here.

Yeah decent finale but nothing special in the end, kind of like the series as a whole, a little disjointed and never quite sure what it was meant to be but with some cool moments here and there. Some of the action felt odd and stiff again and Bane should have been introduced a lot sooner in the series for it to really pay off in the end, he was one of the best things about the show but didnt have nearly enough screen time overall to impact the way he could have done as main antagonist.

The Rancor bits were really good and well done at least but could kind of see it coming from a while back, still the bits with it and Grogu were well done. I dont know if it was the writing or the directing but Rodriguez's episodes were the weakest quite easily in the end but the whole structure of the show was all over the shop given it was only 7 episodes long.

Perhaps it was my own fault for expecting something very different for a Boba Fett show in my head and didnt expect it to be this closely tied into Mando and his story again but this felt like an add on for that show rather than its own thing. There were some good moments and cool ideas throughout but as whole it wasnt quite what I thought we were getting, strange feeling towards it in the end kind of feels like a missed opportunity overall and not really sure we will get a season 2 or whether its even needed.
I was also expecting an even more badass and closer to the edge character than Din in Boba's own show. As you say this feels like an add on to Mandalorian rather than a show that is forging ahead itself and creating a strong identity of its own.

IMHO there was absolutely no reason for Mandalorian and Grogu to show up in this series. They didn't need to be there.

Episode 5 would've been the perfect way to open S3 of Mandalorian.
In terms of story I think it made sense for Fennec and Boba to reach out to Din for help. That being said, The Mandalorian hijacking the show for two episodes was a little egregious but I'm still finding it hard to complain because I was more invested in episodes 5-7 than 1-4. I just find Din a more compelling character than Boba, and I'm sure many would agree with me. As it is, I don't think it was too far outside the realm of possibility for Din to show up in this, but to spend as much time with Luke and Ahsoka as we did? That was pushing it.

In terms of marketing, I can absolutely see why they'd want to include Mando and Grogu, who are more or less the mascots of the franchise right now being that the sequel trilogy is over and there are no movies in the near future. It reminds me of Iron Man being plastered all over the marketing for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Historically, Spider-Man is a more popular character than Iron Man, much like Boba Fett in comparison to Din Djarin, but they felt the need to include Iron Man because he was more popular at the time, at least cinematically. They fall back on what's popular because what's popular = revenue.

Would've been nice to have some bonding/training scenes of Boba with the rancor in earlier episodes. Sure Boba riding the creature looked cool, but that was all it was. It probably would've had some more impact if they tried to make you care about the rancor first.

I was also expecting an even more badass and closer to the edge character than Din in Boba's own show. As you say this feels like an add on to Mandalorian rather than a show that is forging ahead itself and creating a strong identity of its own.

Yeah I think two seasons of The Mando has sort of stolen a lot of the the thunder that Boba would have had otherwise with a story about Mandalorian bounty hunter already being done, this had to try and follow that while being its own thing and in the end had to rely on bringing Mando and Grogu back to make it interesting.

I think the concept of this show was much higher than the execution of it, for whatever reason. We barely got much Fennec Shand and Jennifer Beal's character barely seemed relevant in the show.

Yeah I think two seasons of The Mando has sort of stolen a lot of the the thunder that Boba would have had otherwise with a story about Mandalorian bounty hunter already being done, this had to try and follow that while being its own thing and in the end had to rely on bringing Mando and Grogu back to make it interesting.

I think the concept of this show was much higher than the execution of it, for whatever reason. We barely got much Fennec Shand and Jennifer Beal's character barely seemed relevant in the show.

Its clear the concept of the show was "Pedro Pascal is suddenly not going to be available for a season 3 release next year, ****, we need a quick replacement".

I hope Obi Wan and Andor will make me forget that Dave Filoni fan-service project
Though I was kinda entertained at times

ME (After TM S2 Finale): Boy it's going to be hard for Din to see Grogu again now that he's been taken under Luke Skywalker's tutelage.

ME (After BOBF S1 Finale):

c6682605acf9acf892e69cdd9163f9827a6fab90.gifv

One of my biggest issues with this season was the lack of growth for Boba's character. In the Mandalorian, we see how Din gradually changes from his time with Grogu.

Personally, I think it would have been great to see a flashback of Boba's life under Cad Bane's tutelage. It would really show the contrast when compared to his time spent with the Tusken Raiders (e.g. self preservation vs working with a tribe).

I'm pretty disappointed that Din and Grogu are already reunited, I figured it would happen, but I didn't think they would do it this ridiculously quickly, it kills a lot of the impact the S2 finale had. Was hoping to see more of Grogu being trained in the force by Luke and Din dealing with Grogu's absence, and for them to not be reunited until towards the end of S3. It also feels like we got way more plot progression for Mandalorian than we did for Boba, since Bane and Boba's history never actually got adapted in any form outside of a couple rough animations for unfinished CW episodes it's hard to be too invested in their confrontation, they should've had Bane be who the Pykes had wipe out the Tusken tribe to make it feel personal for those who aren't familiar with their history. And Boba riding the Rancor was awesome, but a bit unearned, since we only ever saw one interaction between them when they first met. They did a decent job wrapping things up here overall, but if they'd spent the last two episodes building up Bane, the Rancor, and the crime families being pressured by the Pykes it would've done the show a lot of good. The Mando stuff should've been saved for Mandalorian season 3. Overall the show sadly was a bit of a dud for me overall, it felt directionless, slow, and yet also rushed.

Last edited:
Did Jon forget that he wrote the syndicate explaining that they killed the Tuskens? The Gaffi stick against Cad Bane was a bad attempt at closure for their death. I wonder if this was changed. I wonder if Cad took credit in some other version. Anyway I hope he is still alive

Overall it was a meh finale. Plenty of ok action, but it didn't really do anything unexpected or inspiring.

The Jedha street battle in Rogue One was better than all of the action in this episode. Frankly, I would rather have an animated show than live action of this quality.

Did Jon forget that he wrote the syndicate explaining that they killed the Tuskens? The Gaffi stick against Cad Bane was a bad attempt at closure for their death. I wonder if this was changed. I wonder if Cad took credit in some other version. Anyway I hope he is still alive

The Syndicate ordered it, but I think Cad was leading the group of pykes that killed the tuskens or he killed them by himself. Thats the kind of job the Syndicate hired Cad for. Boba would assume the same.

Last edited:
I had assumed the Syndicate was behind the Tusken slayings, and hired the bikers to do it, so the "reveal" it was them was underwhelming.

The Robocobb mid-credit scene probably should've just been a part of the episode instead.

In terms of story I think it made sense for Fennec and Boba to reach out to Din for help. That being said, The Mandalorian hijacking the show for two episodes was a little egregious but I'm still finding it hard to complain because I was more invested in episodes 5-7 than 1-4. I just find Din a more compelling character than Boba, and I'm sure many would agree with me. As it is, I don't think it was too far outside the realm of possibility for Din to show up in this, but to spend as much time with Luke and Ahsoka as we did? That was pushing it.

OK but the point of this show was to make a Boba Fett show. So by doing this they undermined the show by basically admitting Din Djarin is a more compelling character.

I actually thought by episode 4 I was very much invested in Boba Fett's Tatooine storyline. Fennec contacting Din Djarin for help make sense yet, but they basically upended the show for two Mandalorian episodes in the middle of the season. It was too much.

In terms of marketing, I can absolutely see why they'd want to include Mando and Grogu, who are more or less the mascots of the franchise right now being that the sequel trilogy is over and there are no movies in the near future. It reminds me of Iron Man being plastered all over the marketing for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Historically, Spider-Man is a more popular character than Iron Man, much like Boba Fett in comparison to Din Djarin, but they felt the need to include Iron Man because he was more popular at the time, at least cinematically. They fall back on what's popular because what's popular = revenue.

You can't have them in everything. They are already stars of their own show. You can't really put them in Kenobi or Andor. Well maybe Din Djarin would be in Andor, but you have to let things stand on their own without constantly relying on Grogu and Mandalorian.

The Syndicate ordered it, but I think Cad was leading the group of pykes that killed the tuskens or he killed them by himself. Thats the kind of job the Syndicate hired Cad for. Boba would assume the same.
The syndicate boss explains to Cad and the Mayor that they killed the Tuskens and made it look like the Nikto. They handled it themselves first. I believe Cad Bane was hired after the Nikto were killed. The syndicate probably saw Boba as a threat after he took over Jabba's. Don't forget the Nikto died during the flashbacks. Cad also tells Boba the pykes killed the Tuskens in this episode. Cad had nothing to do with it. From what we have seen of this Cad Bane, he isn't afraid to take credit for his work and isn't afraid who knows. I don't think he would lie to Boba especially if his goal was to get Boba to attack him. He would have just told Boba I killed the pykes.

Yeah the Rancor scenes looked great. I just think they got a bit too overzealous with all the Mando material. This was only a 7-episode miniseries.
Yeah, Mando got a fair bit more exposure than Boba over the last 3 episodes combined. 3 episodes is a lot in a 7-episode show. Not to say that Din wasn’t excellent as always. I never expected the rancor to give a performance like this lol.

I've been saying it since Mando Season 2 was airing: Favreau needs a co-showrunner or a writers room. Fanservice, cameos, and The Volume aren't enough. Good thing Obi-Wan and Andor have different creative teams.

I've been saying it since Mando Season 2 was airing: Favreau needs a co-showrunner or a writers room. Fanservice, cameos, and The Volume aren't enough. Good thing Obi-Wan and Andor have different creative teams.
I want all the fan-service, but only when they have already succeeded fully with the show in question.

OK but the point of this show was to make a Boba Fett show. So by doing this they undermined the show by basically admitting Din Djarin is a more compelling character.

I actually thought by episode 4 I was very much invested in Boba Fett's Tatooine storyline. Fennec contacting Din Djarin for help make sense yet, but they basically upended the show for two Mandalorian episodes in the middle of the season. It was too much.

You can't have them in everything. They are already stars of their own show. You can't really put them in Kenobi or Andor. Well maybe Din Djarin would be in Andor, but you have to let things stand on their own without constantly relying on Grogu and Mandalorian.[/QUOTE]
You're not wrong. It was an odd choice but as I've said before, if they really didn't have any more story to stretch out the season, Book of Boba should have been a four episode miniseries with episodes 5-7 being a crossover event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"