• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mandalorian Chapter Thirteen Spoiler Discussion

Are we meant to assume that Obi-Wan and/or Yoda took the Child.. err.. Grogu off-screen during ROTS?

My read: no, not specifically. *Some* Jedi did so, but it absolutely doesn't have to be either of the two most famous ones.

Also, that whole “Jedi sound shift distraction” leading to Ahsoka double axing through a tree resulting in a death... then using a piece of tree to force shove a guy to kill him.
OMG

The whole episode amusingly played as kind of an inverse to the "Darth Vader horror movie" scene from Rogue One. Ahsoka is entirely played as an unstoppable terrifying monster here, it just so happens that she's a good guy.

Also, does everyone agree with me that she totally could solo the entire town, she just needed some help to reduce collateral damage? *cough*

I thought there was plenty of implied horror ala Carpenter style... plus the elegance of these fights tops anything from TROS.
Agreed. If anything, I could see it leading more towards Mando helping Bo Katan reclaiming their home world.

It's possible they're just planting seeds for Ahsoka's own Disney series, with Thrawn being the main antagonist there.

I'd gladly watch it. Though arguably this whole season has been "Spinoff Show: The Series". And not in a bad way, either!

Good episode.
Rosario Dawson looked great as Ahsoka Tano.
Her light sabre fights were sober, no crazy stunts, same with her fight with the "spear Lady", I liked that she didn't appear unbeatable against a non Force user.
So, Beskar can stop a light sabre, I didn't know. Cool stuff.
Micheal Biehn, yeah !
Thrawn name drop, more yeah !
The Kid has a name, even more yeah !

The fight between Ahsoka and Magistrate Elspeth. . . okay, on one hand, half of the fight being competitive is that Elspeth clearly is supposed to be a badass martial artist in her own right. Which, frankly, Star Wars already has precedent for people not needing force powers to kick ass. This is fine. However, she also benefited from that Ahsoka clearly needed to take her *alive*, because her goal isn't murder, its information. Note that after Elspeth disarmed Ahsoka of one of her light sabers, Ahsoka pretty quickly brought the fight to an end.

Also, given Ahsoka's comments, I think we can officially consider Yaddle retconned from existence. *cough*

Yaddle left the Jedi Council pre-Clone Wars... Ahsoka never met her.

And, you all call yourself fans?
....except Ahsoka was born in 36 BBY and was found by Plo around 33 BBY, while Phantom Menace takes place 32 BBY, meaning that Ahsoka was there while Yaddle was on the council for up to eleven years.

And you call yourself a fan. :o

Disney Legend and Former Imagineer Wing Chao Appears In "The Mandalorian" - WDW News Today

Chao appeared as Governor Wing, whose village had been overtaken by the evil Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth. As Governor Wing, Chao helped the Mandalorian save his people and win back his town.

Chao worked as an Imagineer for over 37 years, from 1972 to 2009. He worked on all four Disney Cruise Line ships, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disneyland. He was named a Disney Legend at last year’s D23 Expo.

I have some problems with this season, but this was my favorite episode of the series. Filoni's direction is a massive step up from his episodes in the first season. The wides, the atmosphere, the silence, the music, the tone... Even past references worked for me instead of me thinking "I know what that is!" Or maybe I'm a sucker for the samurai/western combo. But this was great.

My read: no, not specifically. *Some* Jedi did so, but it absolutely doesn't have to be either of the two most famous ones.

I don't think it was a Jedi. It was either an Inquisitor or a Clone Trooper. I think it is safe to say that Gizmo was wherever Sidious was taking force sensitive babies. Probably why the Imperials have a way of tracking him. It does beg the question of who rescued Gizmo in the first place, and left him to be guarded by a bunch of Nikto.

Well, we know it’s not...

Mace (...dead along with everyone else who was killed)
Obi-Wan/Yoda (came upon later)
Jocasta (...covered in the comics)
Kanan (...same)
Vos (not on Coruscant)
K'Kruhk (not on Coruscant)

....except Ahsoka was born in 36 BBY and was found by Plo around 33 BBY, while Phantom Menace takes place 32 BBY, meaning that Ahsoka was there while Yaddle was on the council for up to eleven years.

That’s like saying the intern to the lowest level job at The White House should know who all of The President’s Cabinet is, first hand.

That’s like saying the intern to the lowest level job at The White House should know who all of The President’s Cabinet is, first hand.
After the last four years, it'd be the least weird thing in politics. :o

I remember the late 1990s TV version of Magnificent Seven. I wish it lasted longer.

We've seen a female member of Yoda's species, and they don't look like Grogu or Yoda.

databank_yaddle_01_169_3cfd7068.jpeg

So it was reasonable to expect that Grogu was MORE THAN LIKELY a male of the species.
I mean, Yaddle just has hair. IMO there's really nothing else about the design that separates her from Yoda. Given what we know now about Groju, it's entirely possible that Yoda's Species reproduces aesexually, and they just develop traditionally masculine or feminine traits based on their personality.

I mean, Yaddle just has hair. IMO there's really nothing else about the design that separates her from Yoda. Given what we know now about Groju, it's entirely possible that Yoda's Species reproduces aesexually, and they just develop traditionally masculine or feminine traits based on their personality.

Here is my point. people guessed that Grogu was a boy but once again, based on our limited understanding of this species, and quite frankly none of this is off the table, it was reasonable to guess that Grogu was a boy. And as evidence shows, we were right to guess that as Ahsoka even refers to him as a boy.

Besides the hair, Yaddle does have physiological differences than Yoda.

I mean I agree with the logic. However, Yaddle was only a minor character who was never even named onscreen and never even had a speaking line. She's a character they can easily ignore if they like.

-Groju? I'll accept, but he's still Baby Yoda in my heart.

He could be Grogu Yoda, if Jedi go by their given names until they earn a rank. Jedi Masters use their surnames for official business: Master Kenobi, Master Windu, Master Skywalker. For all we know, Master Yoda has a given name just like those others.

I remember the late 1990s TV version of Magnificent Seven. I wish it lasted longer.

We've seen a female member of Yoda's species, and they don't look like Grogu or Yoda.

databank_yaddle_01_169_3cfd7068.jpeg

So it was reasonable to expect that Grogu was MORE THAN LIKELY a male of the species.

If Abrams was in charge then Grogu would be later revealed as the secret offspring between Yoda and Yaddle. :o

I mean I agree with the logic. However, Yaddle was only a minor character who was never even named onscreen and never even had a speaking line. She's a character they can easily ignore if they like.
Oh no, I totally agree with that. I think that the most likely explanation for the weirdness that is Yaddle is the story of Star Wars in one sentence: George Lucas changed his mind again. I was just being annoying in an attempt to joke around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"