Darcy Lewis Thread - Kat Dennings want to return!

Kat Dennings was a „bigger“ name, back when 2 broke girls were kind of a success ( i loved that show back then)
There‘s no need, to bring her back

No need whatsoever to bring her back.

Feels like she would have to be shoehorned in and sounds like its already gonna be a crowded story.

Keep her out I bet she wants to comeback what was the last thing she was in?
exactly

I thought Ms. Dennings was delightful as Jane's rom-com bestie, even in the disappointing The Dark World. And she should be even better with Mr. Waititi putting words in her mouth.

If Love & Thunder maintains Jane's unfortunate circumstance, it would be awkward for her pal Darcy not to be there. Bring her back, and then green light a Darcy & Korg series on Disney Plus.

Last edited:
Well, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Darcy. She's funny, in small doses. I don't understand why she gets so much hate while Luis is beloved. In Ant-Man and the Wasp he was as annoying and pointless as Darcy was in Dark World.

Long story short, I wouldn't mind if Taika brought her back.

I thought Ms. Dennings was delightful as Jane's rom-com bestie, even in the disappointing The Dark World. And she should be even better with Mr. Waititi putting words in her mouth.

If Love & Thunder maintains Jane's unfortunate circumstance, it would be awkward for her pal Darcy not to be there. Bring her back, and then green light a Darcy & Korg series on Disney Plus.

With Jane having a major part of the story and surely a more action heavy role I just don't know what you could do with her in this one. As she was always sort of by Jane's side but by the sounds of things Jane will be busy on her own mission.

With Jane having a major part of the story and surely a more action heavy role I just don't know what you could do with her in this one. As she was always sort of by Jane's side but by the sounds of things Jane will be busy on her own mission.

That should make everyone happy. We'll get Darcy back, but probably in a smaller dose.

That should make everyone happy. We'll get Darcy back, but probably in a smaller dose.

You never know maybe her an Ian have retired to the country to become full time bird watchers :funny:

I think that given what we know of the connection between the two that Selveig is the better choice to make a return over Darcy.

She suddenly wants to come back after it's all blown up, lol. Granted it makes sense due to her being Jane's sidekick.

You know what... the more I think about it, the more convinced I become that Taika will bring her back. Especially if he tackles the cancer storyline.

Interestingly enough i see people doubting that Taika will tackle the cancer storyline. Me on the other hand i think it's pretty much a given. It's such a rich angle that not mining it would be a waste. He apparently loved Aaron's run with Jane Foster Thor and that storyline was rooted in the cancer angle so it would stand to reason that Taika would make good use of that to add pathos to the story.

Interestingly enough i see people doubting that Taika will tackle the cancer storyline. Me on the other hand i think it's pretty much a given. It's such a rich angle that not mining it would be a waste. He apparently loved Aaron's run with Jane Foster Thor and that storyline was rooted in the cancer angle so it would stand to reason that Taika would make good use of that to add pathos to the story.
For me... It isn't so much whether he tackles it, it's whether he tackles it well. TR has great laughs but I am one that finds it fumbles the drama and the effect on the characters. I know that's a minority opinion but I laughed at the jokes but came away disappointed in the movie because it seemed only interested in the jokes and a handful of spectacle action moments. Yeah, I was entertained. But... It felt empty by the end. That's me.

So I am really wondering how Jane's cancer story will be done or changed for this movie. I'm not saying it is a given Taika will go handle it tastelessly... I just am not confident given TR that it will be given its proper due dramatically. Again... I think that given my reaction to TR.

For me... It isn't so much whether he tackles it, it's whether he tackles it well. TR has great laughs but I am one that finds it fumbles the drama and the effect on the characters. I know that's a minority opinion but I laughed at the jokes but came away disappointed in the movie because it seemed only interested in the jokes and a handful of spectacle action moments. Yeah, I was entertained. But... It felt empty by the end. That's me.

So I am really wondering how Jane's cancer story will be done or changed for this movie. I'm not saying it is a given Taika will go handle it tastelessly... I just am not confident given TR that it will be given its proper due dramatically. Again... I think that given my reaction to TR.
I do understand where you are coming from. I also thought Ragnarok leaned a bit too much on the comedy at times even though i thought it was very funny and it had some decent emotional beats it just wasn't enough to really give the movie a deeper emotional resonance. I think the structure of the movie, coupled with the overall vibe and pace also made it hard to connect in a deeper level.

Having said that a lot of people judge Taika's work only by what they saw in Ragnarok. It's really not the best way to gauge his sensibilities. Yes he's very much a comedic director but he also tackles drama in his other movies and manages to strike a pretty good balance in his previous work... What We Do In The Shadows is a full blown comedy but movies like Boy, Hunt For The Wilderpople and now Jojo Rabbit tackle deeper aspects of life without lingering to much on the dark and sad stuff... but still those moments do have an impact and register with the audience.

I think Ragnarok propelled Taika Waititi into stardom but it's more than likely Jojo Rabbit that will introduce the general audience to his true style. One that resembles more his earlier work like Boy or HFTWP. Don't know if you have seen any of his previous work or not but here's a good recap.

If they can bring her back in a compelling manner and not like TDW it'd be fine. She did fine in Thor.

Bringing back Kat Denning would almost make up for them bringing back Natalie Portman. Give me more Darcy as the snarky sidekick, and I'll go see the movie.

( I'd like it even better if they brought back Darcy *without* bringing back Jane Foster. . . Hell, why not let Darcy be Lady-Thor, she has at least as good justification as Jane. )

I wouldn't mind see Darcy now after her role in WandaVision. Don't know if she'd fit into Love and Thunder depending on where it's set. She wouldn't have fit into Ragnarok. But if not Thor 4 then maybe another Marvel property. There's no reason she couldn't now.

I wouldn't mind see Darcy now after her role in WandaVision. Don't know if she'd fit into Love and Thunder depending on where it's set.

If Jane really is dealing with cancer in this movie, then it would make sense for Darcy to at least show up. Darcy and Jane were shown to be close friends and so Darcy would definitely want to be there to help her going through such a difficult experience.

They could even retroactively use it to explain why Darcy had to rush away from Westview so quickly...

If Jane really is dealing with cancer in this movie, then it would make sense for Darcy to at least show up. Darcy and Jane were shown to be close friends and so Darcy would definitely want to be there to help her going through such a difficult experience.

They could even retroactively use it to explain why Darcy had to rush away from Westview so quickly...

Unless Jane were rushed to hospital suddenly, I don't know why Darcy would have to dash off quickly.

Unless Jane were rushed to hospital suddenly, I don't know why Darcy would have to dash off quickly.

Yeah, I guess so. Not to mention the fact that Natalie is looking so swole is kinda making me question whether they're even gonna touch the cancer stuff at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"