• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge was great on the ESPN shows today. Numbers Never Lie and Sportscenter.

BoFp0CvCMAA6roU.png

This is for danoyse - apparently when Hugh is on Fallon this week they are going to be doing "dueling showtunes" or something like that. :applaud

So I been intentionally staying away from these boards to avoid spoiling myself as this movie is the movie I have been looking forward to the most this year. Judging by the reviews and early buzz this seems to be the best X-Men movie to date! After being massively disappointed by Godzilla last week, I am so looking forward to this :woot:.

For people that have seen this, does it live up to the hype in your opinion?

Worth adding that Warpath is also better in this than I expected. i just thought it was going to be a throwaway character with knives (and what use are they against Sentinels) but
he also has some sort of superhuman tracking senses and tells them when the Sentinels are approaching from 10 miles away!

Also I heard this movie recons The Last Stand and Origins which is good since those are the two turds of the X-Men movie franchise. Also, this may be a slight spoiler but for those that have seen it, I have two questions that I am dying to know. Do Scott and Jean make any sort of cameo or are they referenced at all? Also how is Rouges cameo? You can post them is spoiler tags but I am just dying to know those two things.

Last edited:
Tickets - done.
Assembling a gang of fat, useless middle-aged men - done.
I'm ready.

Shame that 2D isn't an option where we're going, even though 3D is probably OK, but still.

I saw it in 3D and it's quite good in that format; the added depth really adds to some scenes. I was happier with it than with many other 3D offerings I've seen lately.

Yep, might be fine, but I'd like the option. I'm old-fashioned.

Oh gawd, X3 still depresses me. 3 more days til it's wiped out...

:lmao:"Its ok they're sending Wolverine back in time to make sure Brett Ratner never happened".

Unfortuly if what some are saying is true all the films except FC are wiped out.

Depends on how you look at it. They aren't wiped out for me at all.

There will be debates on the subject though, It will be vey interesting here!

There will be heated debates on it after may 23. At some point the creative team will be asked on what the ending means for previous non-FC films.

,,FX Is having a X-Men marathon thursday of Origins,Last stand and First class"

LOL, in my country it's: X2, FC, The Wolverine and DOFP.

Hell has frozen over.Devin Faraci likes DOFP.In tweet he says

DOFP Is pretty Good.First Class Is still best one,but this is easily Singer's best X film.His best movie in ...Decades?

That's a tough one. I'll have to mull that over.

It's probably as good as X2, from a filmmaking perspective.

It's true to the tone of the other films, it doesn't feel like it was at all designed as a counterpart to Avengers, and that's good in many ways (as in it's not trying to copy something else) but I wouldn't say it's THE definitive X-Men movie. It's a very good resetting of the franchise so that past and future can continue in the best possible ways.

As good as X2 is enough for me :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"