Discussion: Abortion II

I hope the FL SC judges were arrogant enough to think “this won’t hit 60%” when they signed off on putting it on the November ballot.

This will juice up turnout for the US Sen race too.
Hope so. We need that blue wave!

Hope so. We need that blue wave!

Christopher Bouzy says that due to FLSC’s dual rulings— in favor of the 6 week abortion ban and certifying the abortion constitutional amendment — Rs are almost certain to lose FL’s electoral votes and the Senate seat.

Fingers crossed too!

Politico is a RW rag pretending to be a neutral political news site. Remember those two glowing write ups they did of Ron DeSantis? I do.

IVF is going to drive away more moderate voters away. Combined with Rs wanting a federal abortion ban? They’re going to lose big time up and down the ballot across this country.

Getting to 60% is difficult but it’s not impossible to overcome, ie medical marijuana in 2016 and the $15/hr raise in 2020 hitting that threshold. The folks who penned the abortion amendment were thorough and workshopped the language with a former FLSC judge to make sure it was bulletproof. They learned their lesson after RDS and R state legislators meddled with the 2018 amendment allowing convicted felons to vote.

Republicans are not defending IVF or defending abortion rights by pushing 'Fetal personhood'. That's just using a different term to sneak bans in.

The budget was released Wednesday by the Republican Study Committee, a group of more than 170 House GOP lawmakers, including many allies of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Apart from fiscal policy, the budget endorses a series of bills “designed to advance the cause of life,” including the Life at Conception Act, which would aggressively restrict abortion and potentially threaten in vitro fertilization, or IVF, by establishing legal protections for human beings at “the moment of fertilization.” It has recently caused consternation within the GOP following backlash to an Alabama Supreme Court ruling that threatened IVF.

Republicans are not defending IVF or defending abortion rights by pushing 'Fetal personhood'. That's just using a different term to sneak bans in.

They want the poorest to die before they can collect from a fund they've paid into their whole working lives.

I expect they will, I wouldn't be surprised if it was by a wide margin as well.

Like I said, I think 60% of voters will vote for abortion protections in FL. I despise how residents in that state have to put up with that 6 week BS for six months though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"