Discussion: Abortion II

This isn't going to be something that's going away in the next few news cycles. Republicans and the conservative activist SCOTUS took a baseball bat to a hornet's nest of voters. And women will NOT forget that.

If Rs don't pay the price in November, then nothing will.
You need an effective opposition party to make them "pay the price". This is the Democratic party:

Now where are all the folks who were all 'Hey, I like this Liz Cheney gal. She's fighting for democracy' in light of her reaction to the ruling?

Not anyone here in particular. Just that, with her being on the January 6 committee, she's gotten this wave of backing from folks on the left, and I have to wonder if they'd still consider her worth having in light of her thoughts here.

People buying the story of Never Trumpers shows just how little understanding people have about... well anything.

Careful....big brother is watching. So, Kavanaugh lied to the senate and to Collin's face about RvW. Anyone think he was telling the truth about not raping and sexually assaulting women now?

But then I don't believe weathy white men as a rule

I pretty much assume if I can see their lips moving that means they're probably telling lies

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the part where I remind everybody Manchin voted to filibuster along with the rest of the Republicans the abortion rights bill that Schumer brought up recently. He's a snake.

It’s so bizarre to look in on this from a secular, grown up nation.

Not sure I'd fo as far as grown up but I honestly struggle to remember it ever being a big talking point here. You've got some of the fringe tory mps retweeting the GOP so maybe that's something to keep an eye on.

Based on what exactly?

If you mean why they're going after Obama, it's probably because in 2007 he said that, if elected, he'd sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would've codified Roe. Probably would've been possible with his majorities in the House and Senate.

Then again, candidates make all sorts of promise that they realistically can't deliver on, so him saying that is nothing new.

Not sure I'd fo as far as grown up but I honestly struggle to remember it ever being a big talking point here. You've got some of the fringe tory mps retweeting the GOP so maybe that's something to keep an eye on.

We have our issues, but this backwards, medieval obsession with fairy stories is not one of them. The same goes for the vast majority of other developed nations, who step further from religiosity all the time.

If you mean why they're going after Obama, it's probably because in 2007 he said that, if elected, he'd sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which would've codified Roe. Probably would've been possible with his majorities in the House and Senate.

Then again, candidates make all sorts of promise that they realistically can't deliver on, so him saying that is nothing new.
No, I know why people are going after Obama. I know what he said. My question is why HBarnill thinks people shouldn't be pointing this out. Dems had decades to codify abortion, with probably no better chance then under Obama. They refused, even after Obama said he'd make it a priority, which he didn't.

Obama didn't have an all pro-choice Congressional majority and it would have been filibustered so it was dropped in the hope that SCOTUS wouldn't change.

Candidates run on aspirations (some more than others) not on what is actually numerically possible.

Vox- The Green Lantern Theory of the Presidency

One of the reasons I never supported Sanders' runs is because he ran on being an all-powerful Santa Claus that had no chance of getting much of what he wanted to do to happen. He would have absolutely become the Santa Claus of broken dreams for his supporters even more than the usual politician.

I look forward to Republicans going after the death penalty next.

I’m holding my breath.

He's a pig faced nazi dip**** who looks like his father ****ed a farm animal to create him and I never believed anything he said

But then I don't believe weathy white men as a rule

I pretty much assume if I can see their lips moving that means they're probably telling lies
So you don't like him? :funny:

Obama didn't have an all pro-choice Congressional majority and it would have been filibustered so it was dropped in the hope that SCOTUS wouldn't change.

Candidates run on aspirations (some more than others) not on what is actually numerically possible.

Vox- The Green Lantern Theory of the Presidency

One of the reasons I never supported Sanders' runs is because he ran on being an all-powerful Santa Claus that had no chance of getting much of what he wanted to do to happen. He would have absolutely become the Santa Claus of broken dreams for his supporters even more than the usual politician.
That's not how Bernie ran, but okay.

Last edited:
They’re pro-birth not pro-life

I'm pro-abortion

Not just "pro choice"

I am pro the choice to have abortions

I think abortion is one of the greatest concepts that human minds came up with. A way for people to rid themselves of irritating little womb infections and not be saddled with some squealing little whining brat that spends the first few years of its life eating your money and ****ting its own pants?

Abortion is ****ing awesome

Its telling that the only people who are pro-birth are either men who never have to deal with these snot nosed screeching little **** factories or else women who have had a toxic mix of religious right wing brain worms and bull**** about the "Magic of motherhood" turn their minds to mush

No one with two brain cells to rub together is against abortion

Around half of all conceptions end naturally in failure.

Miscarriage: MedlinePlus.gov Medical Encyclopedia

Around half of all fertilized eggs die and are lost (aborted) spontaneously, usually before the woman knows she is pregnant. Among women who know they are pregnant, about 10% to 25% will have a miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"