• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Disney in talks to buy Fox: X-Men Homecoming? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inhumans isn't even worth discussing anymore at this point.

They really wasted the Inhumans but X-Men and Fantastic Four have such a huge amount of characters, they won't run of characters to showcase in the films.

Though Crystal, Medusa and Black Bolt could have been crossing over to Avengers/Ff/Gotg/Shiar after their film.

I think by having The Inhumans as a TV show, the MCU can ignore it much easier than if they were a movie. However, I don't believe that The Inhumans are beyond saving; they can be rebooted or just salvage parts of the series that worked. I do think they should be moved to Netflix and Hulu because I doubt it has any future on ABC network.

Marvel dropped the ball reemploying Scott Buck. Yes it’s always a shame when characters are short-changed like this.

I blame it on Perlmutter; I heard that he was the one who pushed to get Scott Buck back for another series after he failed Iron Fist. Hopefully Bob Iger will take away Perlmutter's control over Marvel TV division after this fiasco.

Marvel dropped the ball reemploying Scott Buck. Yes it’s always a shame when characters are short-changed like this.

Inhumans was a rush job. Executives tried to make the Inhumans as popular as the other Marvel characters without the soul. The result is an unmitigated mess of a series at the expense of these characters. In other words:
412.png

Inhumans was a rush job. Executives tried to make the Inhumans as popular as the other Marvel characters without the soul. The result is an unmitigated mess of a series at the expense of these characters. In other words:
412.png

Inhumans could be frelling great; either as a supporting group in a story (FF) or as a standalone. Hopefully the well isn't poisoned.

412.png

That's been the big Marvel TV thing for how long now? AoS is fine and w/e, but they stuck with the Inhumans thing because the show didn't really have a hook beyond backdoor cleanup and scraps of the cinematic lore. Finally getting to the Royal Family was supposed to be nothing more than pay off for those viewers.

Looks like Gambit is still happening. Told you that Disney wouldn't cancel a film starring Channing Tatum, Lizzy Caplan and Daniel Craig. The star power is just too big.

With New Mutants there's Maisie Williams and no other big names.

What star power? Just because they haven't canceled it, it doesn't mean they think it would be the next big franchise. And Daniel Craig isn't in the film.

As I’ve mentioned, they could just forget the show exists like I’m sure most fans will. Introduce them properly in a ‘real’ movie and write off the show as a show-within-a-show in-universe. Best suggestion I’ve got.

With the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer (+ Namor now with a possible cross over with the Ff), X-Men and Deadpool going to Disney. Their shot for a film version just got lower and I think MCU would just move on to the bigger characters that they haven't adapted yet in both TV and film.

I blame it on Perlmutter; I heard that he was the one who pushed to get Scott Buck back for another series after he failed Iron Fist. Hopefully Bob Iger will take away Perlmutter's control over Marvel TV division after this fiasco.

Where did you hear that? Frankly, I'd be surprised if Perlmutter were that deeply involved in deciding who runs the shows. That's Jeph Loeb's purview; he's been known to f*** up a show or two with bad decisions.

Inhumans was a rush job. Executives tried to make the Inhumans as popular as the other Marvel characters without the soul. The result is an unmitigated mess of a series at the expense of these characters.

Unfortunately so. I was excited about it when it was announced on the original slate. :csad::dry:

Looks like Gambit is still happening. Told you that Disney wouldn't cancel a film starring Channing Tatum, Lizzy Caplan and Daniel Craig. The star power is just too big.

With New Mutants there's Maisie Williams and no other big names.

Disney hasn't canceled it because its not theirs to cancel. The deal hasn't been finalized yet (needs to go through regulator process and stuff like that, will take 18 more months).

Hard to believe it has almost been a week already since the deal was officially announced. Things sure settled down since then, but it still feels good that the rights are coming home.

412.png
I really hope those characters get some kind of redemption. After Iron Fist and Inhumans, Scott Buck has been shown to have zero imagination. Someone like that shouldn't be given the reins to fantasy characters.

I really hope those characters get some kind of redemption. After Iron Fist and Inhumans, Scott Buck has been shown to have zero imagination. Someone like that shouldn't be given the reins to fantasy characters.

He better not get Fantastic Four now. That would be like Marvel liking Trank's Fant4stic so much that they wanted to make their own version. :o

Disney hasn't canceled it because its not theirs to cancel. The deal hasn't been finalized yet (needs to go through regulator process and stuff like that, will take 18 more months).
Yup, Disney has no authority to cancel anything now. It will be business as usual for the time being at 20th Century Fox.

Yup, Disney has no authority to cancel anything now. It will be business as usual for the time being at 20th Century Fox.
While that's true, do they really want to piss off their future owners? Green-liting a bunch of films nobody wants (Gambit) just making it harder for Feige?

While that's true, do they really want to piss off their future owners? Green-liting a bunch of films nobody wants (Gambit) just making it harder for Feige?
Well, there's no telling that such a move really ticks off Disney and Feige. The company still has an obligation to set up a release slate for the next year or so, and Gambit's been a project they've had in the oven for a while.

I mean maybe Gambit is successful and does well. Who knows?

But the fact is because the deal is undergoing regulatory approval, they can't really come over and start making creative decisions yet.

Well, there's no telling that such a move really ticks off Disney and Feige. The company still has an obligation to set up a release slate for the next year or so, and Gambit's been a project they've had in the oven for a while.

But the fact is because the deal is undergoing regulatory approval, they can't really come over and start making creative decisions yet.

I'm not sure about this but from what I understand, the studio will still be intact just operating under Disney just like Marvel Studios. These people have jobs and need projects to work on in order to continue to bring in revenue. They also have to continue like business as usual to ensure a smooth transition.

But Fox makes more than just X-men and F4 films so loosing one project wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm sure Feige can negotiate terminating certain projects but the only reasons to really do so is if they want break with property before rebooting or they want the film as part of the MCU. I could picture Tatum himself wanting to delay production to be part of the MCU to ensure sequels and crossovers or wanting to make it sooner so he won't risk getting recast.

The most important factor in whether it will be canceled is how far into production it currently is. Gambit has enter a bit of development hell since being announced, but if a budget is made, a deal is signed, and a filming date set then it's good to go.

I don't think Feige even knows exactly what he's gonna do just yet, so there's no need to make waves because there's already three films coming out (X-men Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, and New Mutants) a fourth wouldn't ruin anything. But I'm sure all options are being discussed.

How much money have they actually sunk into Gambit at this point? They could probably eat the cost if they don't get too far along with it.

I'm not sure about this but from what I understand, the studio will still be intact just operating under Disney just like Marvel Studios.
Kind of/Sort of. There will be cuts at various levels in the immediate future once the deal has closed. Mostly cuts that are atypical of mergers. Operationally they will be intact, but a lot of assessorial pieces will fall away.

These people have jobs and need projects to work on in order to continue to bring in revenue. They also have to continue like business as usual to ensure a smooth transition.
The age old corporate talking point of "Keep doing what you are doing until you are told otherwise" applies.

But Fox makes more than just X-Men and F4 films so loosing one project wouldn't be the end of the world.
A point that I think gets lost in a lot of discussions. Comic Book Movies are a smaller part of what they do, and once the properties back under the Marvel Studios umbrella Fox will just keep chugging along with the other projects they do.

I don't think Feige even knows exactly what he's gonna do just yet, so there's no need to make waves because there's already three films coming out (X-Men Dark Phoenix, Deadpool 2, and New Mutants) a fourth wouldn't ruin anything. But I'm sure all options are being discussed.
I wouldn't underestimate him. He is very proficient in what he does.

Inhumans isn't even worth discussing anymore at this point.
I REALLY hope they just reboot. It would be a huge shame to finally have all of Marvel Cosmic under one roof and not be able to include Inhumans. I want to see War of Kings on the big screen, gosh darn it!

This possibility seems to have been completely delusional to certain people from day one. All Fox products are deemed garbage until they come out and people are forced to admit it's good. :o

It would be a huge shame to finally have all of Marvel Cosmic under one roof and not be able to include Inhumans. I want to see War of Kings on the big screen, gosh darn it!

Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"