Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Apparently there's about 15 new Funko Pops from this film being released December 31st.
For comparison the first Funkos for Spider-Man: NWH where release 8 days before the Teaser Trailer dropped.

So i guess the Teaser Trailer could be coming early January. About 4 months before hit hits theaters.
This January date would also make sense in terms of spacing out the Doctor Strange's stuff from one film to the other so it doesn't overlap too much with Spider-Man: NWH. So that by the time people see the Teaser Trailer for DS:MOM they had time to see and digest the events from SM:NWH

Last edited:
You might be right because of the recent reshoots.
But imho NWH was never an issue of not releasing a teaser. There was a FFH teaser before Endgame…and Peter not being blipped is a bigger spoiler, than if NWH opens the Multiverse (what WV and Loki already did btw)

Benedict Cumberbatch Explains Reasons for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Reshoots

Even though reshoots are typical in big-budget movies, news of reshoots for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness created a rather large buzz on social media. Reports of the Doctor Strange 2 reshoots came down at the beginning of November, with the additional photography taking at least six weeks of shooting, working six days a week in Los Angeles. Star Benedict Cumberbatch has discussed what is taking place with the reshoots and the reasons behind them. What it mostly comes down to are delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which made things move slower than normal.

"We're in the middle of reshoots," Cumberbatch told Empire magazine. "We're working incredibly hard to make a schedule work to realise the full potential of the film – bits that we want to do better but also bits that were just impossible to do on the day because of logistics, COVID etc."

He added, "We were so delayed in production, because of that. Luckily, not during production too much. Although everything is just a little slower."

That’s what I figured. COVID kinda limited and restricted certain things when they were filming the first time around, preventing actors from traveling across the pond and such. Now that they have more freedom and less restrictions, they’re able to do things properly or even better, maybe tweak or fix things that didn’t quite work, have access to actors to film, etc.

With Spider-Man:NWH coming out in theaters roughly 2 weeks from now I expect the marketing machine for Doctor Strange: MOM to start kicking up to speed straight after. Maybe not in terms of releasing a Teaser Trailer straight away but I think we’ll probably get related articles, interviews, merchandise stuff… to set the table for a TT a couple of weeks later.

I’ve seen some people online claiming that a Teaser Trailer for this could be coming before SM hits theaters but I doubt it. We’ll see soon enough though.

If Multiverse of Madness was still slated to come out in March then we absolutely would have gotten a trailer with No Way Home for sure. But now that it's coming out in May I'm not so certain, even though in the past we'd almost always get trailers for that summer blockbuster season opener right around the holidays anyway. I'm about 50/50 on whether or not we'll get a teaser with NWH.

Every May release received a teaser trailer in November/December.
It doesn’t depend on MoM being released in March or May. It depends if they havevenough footage due to production issues during the pandemic.

Every May release received a teaser trailer in November/December.
It doesn’t depend on MoM being released in March or May. It depends if they havevenough footage due to production issues during the pandemic.
That's why I'm skeptical about a trailer dropping before NWH. Hell, even the newest trailer for NWH looked kind of unpolished in the CG department and that dropped a month before release.

I‘m ok with it, if Gargantos will be the opportunity to introduce the Naga and underwater realm into the MCU

Maybe this will have a little Chtulluh vibe…

Strange 2 promo art:

FFp3Lg-WYAUQnO4

Strange 2 promo art:

FFp3Lg-WYAUQnO4

Her tiara looks better than it did in Wandavision. The one in Wandavision was a completely solid color with black bits in between the patterns. The one in this doesn’t have the black bits, is semi translucent and floats slightly in front of her forehead, like the original concept art Andy Park did for the show. Obviously, budget is not as much of a concern for the movie costume, so it’s design can be more accurately captured with VFX.

Can’t wait to see what kind of crazy power displays she has in this.

Reading up on Wong's portrayal in the comics and.....yikes. It's one of those changes that the MCU made for the better, like Shang Chi's father being Wenwu rather than Fu Manchu (also another yikes).

I like Wong's outfit. Reminds me of a boss character in Double Dragon back on the SNES.

Reading up on Wong's portrayal in the comics and.....yikes. It's one of those changes that the MCU made for the better, like Shang Chi's father being Wenwu rather than Fu Manchu (also another yikes).

You mean Mandarin?

The promo art is good and Wanda’s outfit is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"