Rachel McAdams returns

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Rachel McAdams Returning For ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’ – Deadline

b1869a1bfdc6738e5ae850c5851c6c65.jpg

Hopefully she does something. I have to remind myself that she was even in the original because unlike other characters like Pepper or Peggy or even Jane, I can't remember what she did in the first movie.

Hopefully she does something. I have to remind myself that she was even in the original because unlike other characters like Pepper or Peggy or even Jane, I can't remember what she did in the first movie.

Not much.

It was a terribly underwritten role, not really the fault of the actress. Hopefully she is given much more to do this time.

I think her role will be small. She will not be one of the main characters.

It was a terribly underwritten role, not really the fault of the actress. Hopefully she is given much more to do this time.

Yeah, I don't fault McAdams any more than I would fault, say, Walton Goggins being underutilized, I think, in Ant-Man and the Wasp. And unlike a pairing like Downey Jr. and Paltrow or even Tom Holland and Zendaya, to name two, I wouldn't say there was as lot of time between Cumberbatch and McAdams. Not their fault, and I don't see her role being any more substantive in a sequel because it's a movie called the Multiverse of Madness, but it'd be nice if she was given more to do.

I could see her being about as integral to the movie as Judy Greer was in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

With her comedic chops McAdams is a wonderful fit for the MCU, so I'm hoping Feige and company make use of all that Multiverse Madness to power her up. Tigra, maybe?

Yeah, I don't fault McAdams any more than I would fault, say, Walton Goggins being underutilized, I think, in Ant-Man and the Wasp. And unlike a pairing like Downey Jr. and Paltrow or even Tom Holland and Zendaya, to name two, I wouldn't say there was as lot of time between Cumberbatch and McAdams. Not their fault, and I don't see her role being any more substantive in a sequel because it's a movie called the Multiverse of Madness, but it'd be nice if she was given more to do.
Agreed. On the plus side I would have said the same about Portman’s character after she agreed to come back and they found a way of elevating her. Obviously not expecting anything like that degree here, but she can at least be a more important character than she was last time.

It’s maybe a little far fetched, but it would be awesome, if she could be an alternate version of Clea and stays in his dimension

I hope she pulls a Regine George and steals the movie. But I wasn't eXpecting her to return so Im not eXpecting much, at least she's not gonna be a 1 and done character like Betty Ross.

At least Pepper and Peggy did something. Heck, Pepper got into the final battle against Thanos. Jane's going to do something in Thor: Love and Thunder. Her character is just there. I hope that there's more for her to do.

With Rachel McAdams being in that sizzle reel during the investor day I see very low possibility, that Clea will be in this movie too.
So I thought about, if they’ll make Rachel McAdams character in that movie and more projects more interesting. Maybe she has also magical powers and connections to Dormammu, that she doesn’t know about yet. Or maybe she fooled Stephen strange all along.

You guys are crazy if you don't think she'll have a big role. Marvel wouldn't have included her in the initial cast announcement if she was just a cameo and I doubt she would have agreed to come back at all if she had a small role. In that announcement she was listed 4th (after Benedict Wong, but before Chiwetel Ejiofor). I think she'll have at least as much screen time as she got in the first movie, but will actually have more to do with it.

You guys are crazy if you don't think she'll have a big role. Marvel wouldn't have included her in the initial cast announcement if she was just a cameo and I doubt she would have agreed to come back at all if she had a small role. In that announcement she was listed 4th (after Benedict Wong, but before Chiwetel Ejiofor). I think she'll have at least as much screen time as she got in the first movie, but will actually have more to do with it.
I’m expecting her to have a better role this time. She was to an extent wasted last time.

I hope Rachel McAdams gets a costume this time:

Eurovision-Song-Contest-Sigrit-Ericksdottir-Jacket-1.jpg

And also displays some powers:

Sigrit-Ericksdottir-Silver-Eurovision-Song-Contest-The-Story-Of-Fire-Saga-Jacket.jpg

Love McAdams, so happy to see her in the trailer. I thought she was wasted in the first one but she looks to be more involved in this so, fingers crossed it’s a good role.

Love McAdams, so happy to see her in the trailer. I thought she was wasted in the first one but she looks to be more involved in this so, fingers crossed it’s a good role.

if the leaks are true, the Multiverse version of her has a lot to do. The leaks didn't indicate whether or not she's Clea though

I think it's a crime to have Rachel McAdams in your movie and not utilise her. I was so disappointed with her appearance in the first one - I liked her character just fine, but thought she'd be more involved.

I'd be happy if they take advantage of the multiverse to basically have a "do over" of the Christine character.

I hope Rachel has a bigger role in this movie. She was pretty damn nonexistent in the first movie. Total waste of a good actress. Would have been great for Sue Storm

Honestly, she was so minimal last time that I still wonder if this will be an alternate universe version of her.

I think Clea as a spiritual entity that posesses Christine would be interesting.

I think Clea as a spiritual entity that posesses Christine would be interesting.

I‘d like that or her lying to him all the time about her heritage…but rumor has it that
Charlize Theron will appear as Clea (maybe as a variant)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"