• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

E3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.

I honestly think Microsoft may have some surprises for us. I don't really EXPECT anything from e3 anymore because I just end up disappointed, however... they're being very quiet... and it's not because "they have nothing left to offer."

As for Vs XIII... I think it looks about 10x more interesting than XIII. I've always thought that.

Haven't you been paying attention? Or maybe you're just not very smart? Isildur's Heir, the greatest video game prognosticator of our time, has been telling us all along what will happen if Microsoft has a bad press conference.

Much shame and scorn will be brought upon Microsoft as they witness Nintendo and Sony's press conferences and their endless stream of hardcore exclusives and new IPs. To preserve what little honor they have left, Microsoft will be forced to pull out of the hardware game and cease to make consoles... FOREVER. In fact they will probably close their whole gaming division to try and quarantine the fail, but it will be far too late and the entire company will soon fall into ruin.

Shortly after that, somewhere in Japan, Kaz Hirai will be sipping some wine and using his new slave Steve Ballmer as a footstool, and all will be right with the world.
This is the best post i´ve seen in ages...honestly....especially the greatest video game prognosticator of our time...:D
But, i never said they would cease to make consoles....FOREVER, a better outcome is MS releases a new console in a hurry.
But, am i wrong?
I said MS would begin to fall behind this year, and so far...yeah, it is happening, the best selling console this year so far is the PS3, Sony is outselling the 360 on a weekly basis worldwide since Feb.
Things might change, but i just don´t see it, MS as showed time and time again that they don´t care (lack of first party titles, new Ips outside Halo, Fable and Forza), more even for anyone outside the US (Netflix, ESPN).
But enough about that...

As for EA, i already know what they will be annoucing....Paid Subscription to EA Sports Games

This subscription gives members access to exclusive benefits for Madden NFL, FIFA, NHL, Tiger Woods PGA Tour, SSX: Deadly Descents, and NCAA Football. While you're a member, this new subscription service will enhance your gaming experience by providing you with:

• Discounts on all downloadable content for participating EA Sports console-based titles.

• Full downloadable versions of aprticipating titles before they come out in stores.

• Exclusive membership recognition badge that appear both in-game and on your web profile.

• Ability to transfer paid content from your current participating titles to future title versions.

• Free and exclusive opportunities to extend your EA Sports experience to PC and Web

• Free and exclusive EA Sports downloadable content for participating console-based titles.

• Your subscription will be available for purchase from participating retailers, through the EA website, or on your console.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;20152843 said:
This is the best post i´ve seen in ages...honestly....especially the greatest video game prognosticator of our time...:D
But, i never said they would cease to make consoles....FOREVER, a better outcome is MS releases a new console in a hurry.
But, am i wrong?
I said MS would begin to fall behind this year, and so far...yeah, it is happening, the best selling console this year so far is the PS3, Sony is outselling the 360 on a weekly basis worldwide since Feb.
Things might change, but i just don´t see it, MS as showed time and time again that they don´t care (lack of first party titles, new Ips outside Halo, Fable and Forza), more even for anyone outside the US (Netflix, ESPN).
But enough about that...

That Kinect thing for MS has been pretty successful so far, hasnt it? Fastest selling consumer electronics device in history comes to mind.

I dont think it matters too much if Sony ends up selling more consoles. Considering the 360(and the PS3 for that matter) have just become profitable and MS seems to have a hit with Kinect, from their perspective i think they are in good position to continue to make money. Im not so sure they are as worried about the d**k measuring as we are.

That Kinect thing for MS has been pretty successful so far, hasnt it? Fastest selling consumer electronics device in history comes to mind.
Kinect is an amazing sucess, no question there, but once again, is a gigantic sucess...in the US.

I dont think it matters too much if Sony ends up selling more consoles. Considering the 360(and the PS3 for that matter) have just become profitable and MS seems to have a hit with Kinect, from their perspective i think they are in good position to continue to make money. Im not so sure they are as worried about the d**k measuring as we are.
For me personally is not that i want or not for Sony to get second place on this "console war", the point is, i want Microsoft to wake the f**k up, and the only way i can see that happen (if ever) is for them to get a huge "punch in the stomach", and the only way i see is for them to start falling, hence, be outsold.
The 360 was released on year before the PS3, so, to be outselled...yeah, it´s a blow in their ego, imo.
Look at Kinect for example, that peripheral is a gigantic sucess but it´s also the biggest pile of crap i´ve ever seen.
I´m not against it, i see a lot of potential to it (remember my post on the Skyrim thread about using Kinect on a RPG?), but what Microsoft released is totally lame, is like they just don´t care, is like they just didn´t put in the effort to actually make something great.
And that´s what i see from Microsoft, as long as money gets in, they just don´t care......
But enough about this, back on E3.

Last edited:
Well Kinect is still early in it's life cycle. I'm not ready to call it crap, yet. Altho any more aps like the one for Netflix and I may change my tune.

But there is one thing that is changing, and the way i see it, it is happeing because of the reason i give, them start to fall.
If you look at the past year, the all Deal of the Week was only for gold members, and it was one game each week.
Now, you still have Deal of the Week only for gold members, but now is more times than not more than just one game.
More even, you have other deals going on which are open to both gold AND free members, this week for example you have Sega games.
Last week is was Microsoft´s own games.
At the begining of this year it was one week of EA games, followed by Activision´s, then THQ, then Take2........now, THAT´S how you make a good job.
It´s better late than never, but the point is, looking at it, the more Microsoft falls, the more their open their eyes....

Well Kinect is still early in it's life cycle. I'm not ready to call it crap, yet. Altho any more aps like the one for Netflix and I may change my tune.
Yeah, from what i´ve read (i´m not from the US, i don´t have Netflix) the app is ridiculous.
I´ll give a simple example of how to make Kinect way better....customization.
Kinect is all about movements, so, why not allow the user to customize their own movements insted of what MS wants?
Everyone is diferent, everyone move in diferent ways, so, why not allow the user to act those movements, record them, and then could use Kinect the way you want to (i´m talking about the dashboard, not the actual game of course).
The way Kinect works is equal to everyone, you just put your hand on top of what you want, and wait for the load to happen, for the circle to fill.
But someone migh want to make a press movement like it is a button, or make a open movement like it´s a door...it´s the user decision, not Microsoft´s.

Yea I think it's easier said than done when it comes to customization, but I agree. As for the app for Netflix, take it from me, it's beyond useless.

I guess I'll post it in here as well. Nintendo sent a note to their investors today saying that they will indeed have a new console at E3, and it will be playable to boot.

Seriously, who wants to bet that the FIRST game they show off is either A.) Mario 128 (finally) or Skyward Sword completely reworked and HD.

Then follow that up with a Rockstar announcement and several other 3rd party games. Nintendo would instantly win the show.

Skyward Sword will not go to the Wii2, contrary to what many people are thinking.
I don´t see Nintendo doing a Twilight Princess again.
If they do, the Wii ends without a "exclusive" Legend of Zelda.
IMO, Skyward Sword will be the Wii´s swan song, the last big game for it.

It worked well the first time they did it and how much news have we heard on Skyward Sword? Hardly anything. They're keeping it quiet for a reason.

Seriously, who wants to bet that the FIRST game they show off is either A.) Mario 128 (finally) or Skyward Sword completely reworked and HD.

Then follow that up with a Rockstar announcement and several other 3rd party games. Nintendo would instantly win the show.

I think Super Mario 128 became Super Mario Galaxy. Also, I doubt that Skyward Sword will be reworked. It'll serve more as the Wii's swan song.

I feel like the system is too far out at this point for them to have any actual playable games at the press conference. I'm sure they'll have some playable tech demos, but I have a hard time believing they'll have actual new games for this thing in a playable state.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that IS going to happen. I mean, I have no clue. I just wouldn't be shocked if something like that happened.

Yeah, I know Mario 128 became Mario Galaxy... but to be honest, I don't want another Galaxy.. give me a straight up sequel to 64.

They'll show off a new Mario in HD, which i couldnt care less about. Havent liked Mario since Super Mario Bros 3, hell i didnt even like him that much then.

I view all of Nintendo the way Jack Tretton views the DS:

"it's a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those," he says. "He's too old for that."

Unless they can come up with another REmake, i dont see any reason to jump on the bandwagon. Im content with my PS360.

I feel like the system is too far out at this point for them to have any actual playable games at the press conference. I'm sure they'll have some playable tech demos, but I have a hard time believing they'll have actual new games for this thing in a playable state.
I think that we'll have some playable games if it comes out in Early 2012 as opposed to Holiday 2012. If it's early 2012, I'd be very surprised not to see Sonic Generations, Call of Duty, etc. playable.

They'll show off a new Mario in HD, which i couldnt care less about. Havent liked Mario since Super Mario Bros 3, hell i didnt even like him that much then.

I don't think that we'll see HD Mario considering that the primary Super Mario team is working on Super Mario 3D and the New Super Mario Bros. team is working on Pikmin 3.

I think the first party games that Nintendo will show off will be Eternal Darkness 2 by Retro Studios, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. 4, and Metroid.

Also, what's wrong with you :cmad:

I don't think that we'll see HD Mario considering that the primary Super Mario team is working on Super Mario 3D and the New Super Mario Bros. team is working on Pikmin 3.

I think the first party games that Nintendo will show off will be Eternal Darkness 2 by Retro Studios, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. 4, and Metroid.

Also, what's wrong with you :cmad:

haha, nothing man, just not into most of what nintendo offers. Not saying theyre poor titles, just not for me.

I don't see how any gamer can not like Mario. Mario is gaming in it's purest form. Unless you just started gaming with maybe the PS2/Cube/Xbox generation... Maybe.

It's not just you Pat, I have friends that act "to cool for school" in regards to Mario yet act as if CoD and Gears are the most mature games ever made.

I don't see how any gamer can not like Mario. Mario is gaming in it's purest form. Unless you just started gaming with maybe the PS2/Cube/Xbox generation... Maybe.

It's not just you Pat, I have friends that act "to cool for school" in regards to Mario yet act as if CoD and Gears are the most mature games ever made.

I owned an NES, SNES and Genesis but really didnt get into gaming until the PS2/Xbox. I just find zero fun in Mario like titles. I hate the character. Never found the appeal in a short, fat italian plumber. Those games can be interesting distractions, but i wouldnt ever spend money to own one. Just not my cup o tea.

With the nintendo having a huge reveal for their new console this year, hopefully Microsoft has something special.

You heard it hear first, Pat won't play Mario games because he hates Italians!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"