• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flashpoint - Part 1

this whole "event" was awesome for both Flash and Batman fans. Geoff Johns knows what the audience loves and wants, and that ending was fantastic for us Batman fans and the way Zoom goes down by Batman, well Johns obviously had to know he was ignoring the established lore abit, but it was still a bloody awesome moment from Thomas Wayne.

I really enjoyed this arc, but i can agree with people saying this might have not been "an epic event" by the definiton of an event.

this was one of the most boring events i've ever read.

He lost me with that random talking head talking about how other earths from the multiverse were actually divergent timelines. I mean wtf did that come from?

But more than made up for it with that ending. For the first time a Geoff penned event doesn't end in an anti-climax and has a genuinely heartfelt ending instead of forced pathos so kudos for that.

But....that is how alternate universes work. :confused:

But....that is how alternate universes work. :confused:

I just took it as the usual "here's Geoff Johns projecting his next upcoming event within his current event". I mean the guy ALWAYS does this. Now we wait for this "Arrival" to find out what this new totally out of nowhere character does within the first DCnU event. I know it's day one but damn lol nothing has really changed.

It was a she. I think it was a reference to Avengers vs. Justice League where DC universe is a Woman, she might be the Entity from Brightest Day.

How many times did she show up in the mini?

First time ever. She has a hood on and has these markings on her face. Maroonish looking skin with like grayish-blue slash marks all over her face, eyes glow white. The hood is like a lighter hue of maroon as well.

As for the series looking back...not saying they had to change the tie-ins because of it but they would have benefited so much more if they had more info about Aquaman and Wonder Woman and World of Flashpoint. Because while not all find it confusing the reviewers really attacked this event for the tie-ins being more interesting/kinda important.

Though for me the tie-ins were "hey, you wanna know more about this character? read the tie-in!" and I can accept the story said in lines of dialogue but that's not how all people think so, meh.

I think the Woman represents DC universe, or she's the White Entity or both.

It was a she. I think it was a reference to Avengers vs. Justice League where DC universe is a Woman, she might be the Entity from Brightest Day.

Could be.

So is The Flash the new Pyscho Pirateish character? I'm confused because while Barry shows up in DCnU are we supposed to assume that it's like he was their from the beginning of the event? Or that when he changed the timeline that he changed it to be like the DCnU and that he is unaware he has done this and thinks it's all hunkey dorey because he brain was re-made during the timeline shift to know that this is the new DCU proper?

Flashpoint 5 now makes me want to get the Flash series since it looks like they would do some interesting stuff considering that [blackout]Barry remembers the timelines of all the 3 timelines (Old DCU, Flashpoint DCU, and DCnU). I wonder if Manipul and the other dude co-writer it will tackle that.[/blackout]

The DCU and DCnU timeline should be fairly similar, seeing as how big stuff like Blackest Night, Final Crisis, and Batman Inc. has still happened. Only difference should be the Wildstorm characters being around, and Barry's mom being dead.

And you know the whole idea that Heroes have only been around for 5 years.

I flipped through the last issue at the shop. That last page was pretty nice, I have to admit. But before that, I saw the V-shaped belt and thought Wally was there for a second. Then I realized that was Barry's costume changing as the universe shifted. The f*** universe made Barry steal Wally's costume. :argh:

that Bruce moment made this event worth it.

JL #1 was very underwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"