Football (Soccer)

and in the scottish premier league today....rangers are beaten by ross county, celtic are top of the league even if rangers win their game in hand on wednesday.
hopefully by some miracle dundee can beat them as well, come wednesday. you never know.

Good to see Newcastle (1) go back to their winning ways and (2) mop the floor with the Spurs.

Shocked that Liverpool are dropping points and losing matches. Might be running out of gas after going rock and roll throughout the season.

Liverpool lose at home again but this time in the Prem, a pretty damaging result potentially depending on other results but now they are chasing City at least after this weekend. Not a good time to start losing your way in this season and they dont seem to have recovered from that FA cup result at OT a few weeks back, have not been as prolific in front of goal and leaking at the back which hasnt been the case most of the season.

Can’t see it for now. It’s not like they dominated League 2, and also finishing behind Stockport. Even next season is going to be a lot harder IMO, but overall still a very impressive story.
With their media exposure and Hollywood connections, the likelihood of them getting quality players is high. So wont be surprised if they get promoted to the EPL within 5 years.

Didn’t have Liverpool losing at home to Palace on my range of possibilities today! Their title bid looks almost done then. Something wrong, after that 3-0 loss at home too against Atalanta.

West Ham lost 2-0 at home to Fulham and a youngster (George Earthy) making his league debut got badly injured at the end - lost consciousness. Hope he’s ok.

With their media exposure and Hollywood connections, the likelihood of them getting quality players is high. So wont be surprised if they get promoted to the EPL within 5 years.
There will be a bunch of players willing to join but I’m not sure how much they can pay them with FFP and still coming from a base of recent non-league revenue that is only recently going up. Many championship teams have been and out of the PL for years so have had big money and parachute payments to boost their spending ability. Still Wrexham are naturally long term a proper league club moving between the bottom 3 divisions so I’m sure they can scale revenue much faster and a have a much wider potential support base than a legit non-league club.

Liverpool lose at home again but this time in the Prem, a pretty damaging result potentially depending on other results but now they are chasing City at least after this weekend. Not a good time to start losing your way in this season and they dont seem to have recovered from that FA cup result at OT a few weeks back, have not been as prolific in front of goal and leaking at the back which hasnt been the case most of the season.
Seems like things are falling apart at the wrong time for Liverpool. I kind of wanted Klopp to go out on a high.

Arsenal have been dominating against Villa, but Watkins hit the post in the first half and Tielemans hit bar and post with a great strike that had the keeper beaten. Arsenal need to get this over the line or it will have been a huge day for City after the Liverpool game. 25 mins left.

Oh no, Bailey scores with 6 mins to go. Arsenal losing at home. City virtually winning the title today without doing anything.

Oh damn, lovely goal by Watkins. 2-0, that’s it.

The 2nd half was excruciating to watch. Great finishes by Bailey and Watkins though

Bright side is I get to watch the last minutes of the Leverkusen game. That Wirtz goal is 🔥

The 2nd half was excruciating to watch. Great finishes by Bailey and Watkins though

Bright side is I get to watch the last minutes of the Leverkusen game. That Wirtz goal is 🔥
Sorry, bad result mate.

Just saw that Leverkusen won 5-0 and Wirtz got a hat-trick! They still have every chance of the all-time points record.

Sorry, bad result mate.

Just saw that Leverkusen won 5-0 and Wirtz got a hat-trick! They still have every chance of the all-time points record.
All is not lost but the difficult title run just got tougher.

I hope Leverkusen become Bundesliga Invincibles and win a lo-fi treble

All is not lost but the difficult title run just got tougher.

I hope Leverkusen become Bundesliga Invincibles and win a lo-fi treble
I’d love if you could do it but today has taken most of my optimism. Tough fixtures to 100% for you while City’s are much easier.

Would be amazing to win your first ever title as Invincibles with a treble and points records.

Reasons to love the Prem: Today - Stunning results, title race just taking all kinds of turns.

Also huge congrats to Xabi and Leverkusen, amazing run (and still going) to clinch the title. I imagine Wirtz will be one to keep an eye on this summer.

Sucks for Arsenal and I was hoping for them to win the race out of the 3 teams in it, but with the results today I would be shocked if City don't win it. They got the easiest fixtures by far and Liverpool and Arsenal gave away points in crucial must-win games.

Even when I saw Arteta's team selection I was scratching my head and as the game went on things just went from bad to worse. Zinchenko might honestly be the worst leftback I've seen play for Arsenal since Andre Santos.

Good to see Newcastle (1) go back to their winning ways and (2) mop the floor with the Spurs.

Shocked that Liverpool are dropping points and losing matches. Might be running out of gas after going rock and roll throughout the season.
I don’t know where it came from but nice if we can have a good end to the season even though a fair number still injured. Could be a good sign for next season too when hopefully everyone is back from the start (and no CL to take a heavy toll). 10 goals in this fixture including the 6.1 last season. Hopefully can get another 5 next season. :D

Not sure if anyone else caught Brighton's 1-1 goal against Burnley yesterday but that has to be the biggest goalkeeper blunder of the season? You do feel for the guy because as much as we have dismissed Burnley as being relegated, if they hold onto that 1-0 lead and get the 3 points, and they also play Sheffield United next and they could have ended up back in the race to stay up. But with those 2 points thrown away at this stage I'd say it's the final nail in the coffin.
Just looked it up after reading this. That was a painful one! If I was a player I’d try and amend my pass backs to never be quite on target for goal (and with pace to get over the line) after seeing how easily it can happen. Feel sorry for the dude. At the other end the keeper conceded while kicking the ball against a player too, bad luck again but of course not comparable to this one.

Not the day for Liverpool and Arsenal to start dropping points at home, major advantage now handed to City and doesnt seem likely they would throw it away. Once again when things start to get to the business ends teams that have been doing well all season can start to feel the pressure when every game becomes a final for them. Not all over but feels like a pivotal day in the title race.

Sucks for Arsenal and I was hoping for them to win the race out of the 3 teams in it, but with the results today I would be shocked if City don't win it. They got the easiest fixtures by far and Liverpool and Arsenal gave away points in crucial must-win games.

Even when I saw Arteta's team selection I was scratching my head and as the game went on things just went from bad to worse. Zinchenko might honestly be the worst leftback I've seen play for Arsenal since Andre Santos.
Zinchenko has quite a few top qualities but he's slowly getting phased out of the play style that Arsenal is evolving into (I'd figure Timber will be the starting left back next season)

Zinchenko has quite a few top qualities but he's slowly getting phased out of the play style that Arsenal is evolving into (I'd figure Timber will be the starting left back next season)
That should be a big improvement, hopefully the guy does well after such an unlucky start with injury.

Pretty much coach speak that there will be a purge if the players prove that they're mental midgets

I think it is interesting that it's the Man City players letting Arsenal down at the moment. But it speaks volumes about how much the rest of the squad has progressed in the last 2 years.

29 minutes in and Cole Palmer already has a hat trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"