• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Football (Soccer)

Very much sums up our transfer policy post SAF, players with big names and on big contracts but their best days long behind them. Schweinstieger, Varane, Di Maria, Falcao, Casemiro will probably go down as one too given how this season has gone downhill rapidly after a good season last season, Sanchez, Ibrahimovich, Cavani its long long list of failure and panic buying in some cases. His leaving leaves a gap of course but not a massive one but no doubt this could be the first of a few that need to be moved on, the problem is getting rid of the ones that are harder to shift on, the likes of Martial and Maguire but who also need shifting on as well after seasons of failure.
It’s worse than I thought, I’d forgotten a couple of those. :D :csad:

Spurs get to half time 0-0 and have shown some attacking signs. Not a straightforward night for City to this point and the longer it stays 0-0 the more damage a lucky Spurs goal would do.

Yeah Spurs, will Spurs this in the second half.

and Spurs it they did. Comfortable 2-0 City win in the end, pretty much seals the title for them barring a minor miracle final day.

Aston Villa seal Champions League football for a season with that result as well.

Not even mad at Spurs. They didn't want us to win the title, the same way we didn't want them to win the CL in 2019. I'm mad at ourselves for dropping points in games that we 'should' of won, or got more out of and therefore gifting City the title two straight years running. When you have to rely on others to do you favour's then your in trouble.

That's game set and match for City and now all eyes on the final day. No stopping them, think they go all the way.

GOLAZO galore for us today, Vini and Jude now 23 goals between them, what a duo. And starter or sub Arda Guler can't stop scoring?! Don Carlo's reaction says it all 😆

Unless we get some last game drama looks like City will be champions and likely double winners. Congrats to Villa for CL!

That's game set and match for City and now all eyes on the final day. No stopping them, think they go all the way.

GOLAZO galore for us today, Vini and Jude now 23 goals between them, what a duo. And starter or sub Arda Guler can't stop scoring?! Don Carlo's reaction says it all 😆

What do you see the formation/line-up looking like next season with the addition of Mbappé? Who do you reckon drop's down to the bench, if anyone?

What do you see the formation/line-up looking like next season with the addition of Mbappé? Who do you reckon drop's down to the bench, if anyone?
We've played 4-4-2 formation majority of the season and I imagine that'll continue next season with Mbappe and Rodrygo dropping to the bench. I think Vini/Mbappe/Jude will be pushed as the main attacking trio. BUT Rodrygo and Endrick will need game time so maybe 4-3-3 makes a return occasionally and we play them on the RW. Either way, big decisions ahead.

We've played 4-4-2 formation majority of the season and I imagine that'll continue next season with Mbappe and Rodrygo dropping to the bench. I think Vini/Mbappe/Jude will be pushed as the main attacking trio. BUT Rodrygo and Endrick will need game time so maybe 4-3-3 makes a return occasionally and we play them on the RW. Either way, big decisions ahead.
Indeed. I'm curious and excited to see how Don Carlo deploys them. It's kinda' funny that both Vini Jr. and Mbappé both prefer the LW position, as well as the #7 shirt. :D Do you see Mbappé playing as the no. 9 up top?

If Vini and Mbappe can play up front in a 4-4-2 with Bellingham as the attacking midfielder they could still have a very solid team off the ball with Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde behind. Then Arda Guler, Rodrygo and Endrick could come on to replace them.

Raphael Varane to leave Manchester United at end of season

Cant say I am surprised, great player in his time but far too injury prone at the time we bought him and not really up for the competitive nature of the Prem at his age. Was decent at times for us, other times made to look old.

Good decision IMO, undeniably a quality player, but exactly as you said way too injury prone, which was a risk when we signed him as even at Real Madrid throughout his career he seemed to constantly miss a game here, game there & sadly he's been even more injury prone since his arrival for one reason or another.

Even if you are a good player, you can't have a player be a top earner at the club & only average 30-35 games a season in all competitions, especially not at CB. I was just looking in his 3 seasons with us, the most Premier League games he's played in 1 season, was 24 a tally he can't overtake this season even if he plays in the final 2 games. That's a minimum of 14 missed games in all 3 years, just in the Premier League alone, that's a lot of points potentially lost because of the unavailability of one of your key players.

Postecoglu seems quite upset with Spurs fans wanting their team to lose last night. I like the dude, always passionate, always wants to win and win with attacking football. Whether that translates to success in the PL is another thing but I wish him well.

United v Newcastle tonight but I cant get excited over it at all, in fact I wont be unhappy if Newcastle win as I really could do without the minor European competitions for us to make a fool of ourselves in again, the Europa Conference would be an embarrassment just to be in. The way we have played we dont really deserve any of any kind to be honest. Knowing us though we will get a result tonight but its hard to know how much motivation is left in this pathetic side.

Terrible defending by Newcastle. Mainoo has all the time in the world in front of goal and slots it for 1-0.

Amad makes it 2-1, sweet strike. Earlier Gordon had equalised.

Hojlund gets the third shooting across the keeper, made good contact. 3-1.

So as usual with this side we pull out a win when it means next to nothing and with little pressure on us. Giving ourselves a slim outside shot at grabing a Europa Conference place. :funny: Chelsea look like Europa League as long as City win the cup.

Pretty much sums up our season in a nutshell. At least we got some injuries back before the cup final and got a win that might boost morale a bit. The goal scorers were pleasing as to who they were as well with it being mostly the younger players who might want to keep around in the future.

Indeed. I'm curious and excited to see how Don Carlo deploys them. It's kinda' funny that both Vini Jr. and Mbappé both prefer the LW position, as well as the #7 shirt. :D Do you see Mbappé playing as the no. 9 up top?
Likewise. 🔥 Mbappe 100% is our new #9, pretty he's sure a lock for the number. Been also hearing rumbings Modric is set to leave at the end of season, IF so, I think Arda will be the new #10.
If Vini and Mbappe can play up front in a 4-4-2 with Bellingham as the attacking midfielder they could still have a very solid team off the ball with Tchouameni, Camavinga and Valverde behind. Then Arda Guler, Rodrygo and Endrick could come on to replace them.
Absolutely, I also think Arda will start more in midfield next season. :like:

Likewise. 🔥 Mbappe 100% is our new #9, pretty he's sure a lock for the number. Been also hearing rumbings Modric is set to leave at the end of season, IF so, I think Arda will be the new #10.

Absolutely, I also think Arda will start more in midfield next season. :like:
I'm really excited about him, one of the most promising young talents in the world IMO. I was going to ask if Modric and Kroos would hang around for next season. Great service they've given the club so they should be free to go not to new things whenever they feel the time is right.

Ah, I see. :up:

What's the defensive situation like? I reckon Real are going to come calling for Saliba in the near future, which I'm not looking forward too. :csad:

Leeds 3-0 at HT in their playoff game, looks like they might be booking their final place barring a second half collapse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"