Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a Blackfyre too, but it would serve the point that birthright does not necessarily translate into a good leader.

True. That's the biggest thing I'm interested in seeing at the end of this. Given GRRM's favor to deconstructionist storytelling when it comes to fantasy (or at the very least, non-typical storytelling), I'm fascinated to see who he ends with on the throne. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to end with the monarchy crumbling completely, just to give everyone who's debating who will end up on the throne one last big middle finger.

I still don't buy that he's really Aegon, but that's just me. Also, the fact that he hasn't been included yet in the show leads me to believe he may end up being a fake in the book.

But it doesn't matter whetever or not he is a Blackfyre, what matters is that he's been raised to be loyal to Westeros nation and would seek it's best interests.

He's definitely backed by Blackfyre money.

Not that this means anything... but I've been saying episode 4 is Jon's return *fingers crossed* some of these episodes are a full hour which is interesting... seeing has how the premiere started like 6 minutes late and ended early too lol

Episode 2 (“Home”): 54 minutes
Episode 3 (“Oathbreaker”): 53 minutes
Episode 4: 59 minutes
Episode 5: 57 minutes
Episode 6: 52 minutes
Episode 7: 51 minutes
Episode 8: 59 minutes
Episode 9: 60 minutes

Rumor is that episode 9 is Bastard Bowl.

I saw a theory on Reddit. Connecting the sphinx with the dragon that has three heads. What it ended in, was Mel, Bloodraven, Hodor, Theon, and Bran forming a kind of megazord for Jon's resurrection.

pretty sure its confirmed 9 is the battle yea...

and what lol

It was so damn long winded that I skipped to the end. And, that is apparently its natural conclusion.

I would much rather Jon Snow become Captain Planet

Ser Davos (who for reasons is black in this situation.)

tumblr_n1fytnTKJy1s81ftuo5_250.gif

Melisandre... is a man... for reasons.

giphy.gif

Friend of mine sent me this... Not sure if its legit or not... but certainly seems like it is.

Major spoilers for episode 2. only warning.

OKKOKKKKK this is the last warning.
Game-of-Thrones-funny-gif-images-K.O.-theon-greyjoy.gif
Opening scene: Starts w/ Bran, going into his vision at Winterfell. He sees two boys training under Rodrik, they are Ned and Benjen. Then a young girl on a horse approaches, which is Lyanna. Lyanna asks Benjen who he is going to spar with once Ned leaves for the Eyrie. Benjen looks over to Hodor, who is very large for his age. Lyanna tells him he can’t train w/ Hodor because he isn’t a noble. An older lady, unknown if Hodor’s mother or just another lady, tells Hodor the same thing, that he can’t practice with them. The 3ER tells Bran he can’t stay in the vision for too long or he’ll drown (or choke?), but Bran wants to stay and watch them be happy. 3ER puts his hand on Bran’s shoulder and says they have to go.

Back in 3ER’s cave: Bran, 3ER, Hodor, and a child of the forest. Bran asks Hodor what happened, why he only says Hodor, because he saw him talking in the vision. Hodor responds w/ Hodor.

Outside the cave: Meera looking bored or tired. Meera is told she has to come back in the cave because there’s a war coming. Inside the cave the child of the forest tells Meera she has to help Bran.

Castleblack: The scene from the trailer. Davos and loyal men prepare to fight, outside they begin breaking the door. Some brief negotiations before this. As they’re about to clash, Wun Wun crashes through the gates, takes out a few men. Tormund and some Wildlings are with them. Wun Wun gets hit in the back w/ an arrow but shakes it off. Wun Wun scares Thorne’s men enough that they basically don’t fight more. Ed and Thorne accuse each other of being traitors. Thorne is taken into custody (or some type of custody, i can’t catch the word here, but it sounds like it). Ed and Tormund go in to see Jon’s corpse. First time Tormund is seeing the body obviously.

King’s Landing street: Some random couple guys in the streets. One guy is making fun of the Queen, being vulgar. Guy goes to take a piss, and someone comes behind him, it’s the Mountain. The Mountain smashes his head against the wall.

King’s Landing in the Red Keep: Cersei wants to go see Myrcella’s body. Scene in the trailer where the guards confront Cersei. Tommen has ordered for Cersei to not be allowed to see Myrcella’s body in the sept. The Mountain is with Cersei, looks like there’s going to be a fight, but the guards get upset and turn around and leave.

In the sept: Jaime and Tommen. Jaime regrets not being able to do more for Myrcella. Tommen likewise says he regrets not being able to do more for Marg. Tommen continues to be obsessed w/ Marg. Jaime speaks w/ Tommen tells him he should forgive or be lenient with his mother who has been through a lot. Tommen seems to agree. Tommen leaves (I think), High Sparrow walks in. Scene from the trailer. As Jaime recounts his sins, he notices all the sparrows surrounding him. Part from the early trailer where High Sparrow says they can take down a dynasty.

Next scene: Reunion with Cersei and Tommen. Cersei is cold at first, but they apologize and forgive each other. Ends in a hug between them.

Meereen: Begins in Dany’s quarters, in the pyramid. Tyrion, Varys, Missandei, and Grey Worm. They’re speaking about how throughout Essos, Masters still have power and slaves are still slaves and that Dany has made many enemies. Tyrion says this is true but “we” have dragons. Scene from trailer where Tyrion says dragons don’t like captivity and he drinks and knows things.

Next scene: This will get tinfoil rolling. Tyrion on his way with a torch to the dragons. I believe they shoot out some fire, didn’t quite get the translation. Tyrion continues to approach, and then he cautiously begins to speak (!) to them. Like a normal conversation. He tells them he is a friend of their mother, he begins explaining the trouble Meereen is in. It appears like they understand. Tyrion recounts how Tywin said dragons were extinct but here he is standing with 2 dragons. Tyrion nears one dragon, the dragon sniffs or gets very close to Tyrion. Tyrion reaches out and undoes his chains. Second dragon (hard to say which is which), turns his neck toward Tyrion like ‘hey my turn’. Both dragons are released from their chains, they begin to stretch out. Tyrion makes a run for it, meets back with Varys outside, dragons stay inside. They’re loose, but still locked inside.

Bravos: Waif continues to hit Arya, fight shown in the trailer. At one point Arya shoots her stick out and Jaqen stops it in his hand. He asks Arya a bunch of times, who are you, Arya says no one. Seems like Jaqen might start believing her. He tells her to follow him. That ends that whole scene.

Winterfell: Roose, Ramsay, possibly some guards (couldn’t make out the translation), and Harold Karstark in a room. Ramsay basically tells Roose they have to go to CB because that’s where Sansa will go. Ramsay says they have to storm CB, take Sansa back (or wait for her?) and kill Jon Snow. Roose tells his idiot son that if he kills the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, which is this huge institution, that the North will never ally with them. What they have to do is form alliances. Harold Karstark speaks up, says this is what they have to do because he’ll never align with the Starks because of Robb’s beheading of his father. Harold says he can get the Manderlys (!!!) and Umbers to align with Karstark and Bolton.

Next scene: Maester comes into the room where Roose and Ramsay are and says Walda has given birth to a baby boy. Ramsay’s face is stunned, Roose is happy. Ramsay says congratulations, Roose gets up to sort of embrace Ramsay. Tells Ramsay that he’ll always be his blood (can’t translate this), Ramsay sticks a blade into Roose’s gut or chest as they embrace. Nobody in the room moves a muscle. Maester appears shocked but doesn’t move. Appears scared of Ramsay. Ramsay tells Maester to send Ravens to Northern houses (or all houses?) to tell them Roose has been poisoned by his enemies. Makes the Maester repeat it, and he does so, scared.

Next scene, patio outside in Winterfell: Walda approaches Ramsay with her baby. Ramsay asks to hold the baby, he holds and looks at the baby and gives him back to Walda. They begin speaking about something and she keeps asking where Roose is. Ramsay begins walking towards kennel. Walda follows continuing to ask where Roose is. Ramsay keeps walking and she begs then she finally asks where Lord Bolton is. Ramsay opens the kennel doors, turns to Walda and says “I am Lord Bolton”, dogs are released and attack Walda and baby. They’re killed/eaten by the dogs.

Next scene: Sansa, Brienne, Theon, Pod. Sansa asks about Arya, Brienne explains how she saw her last w /the Hound. This guy really summarized this park. Sansa says they need to go to CB w/ Jon, Theon says he cannot go because he’s betrayed the Starks so much that Jon will kill him. Sansa says she can explain to Jon, and that the boys weren’t Bran and Rickon, but Theon says he cannot go, he has to go home.

Pike: Scene with Balon and Yara. They speak about having to take advantage of the chaos, mention of Yara’s failure to retrieve Theon. Next scene, is a dark super stormy night. Balon walks upon a bridge. He sees a hooded figure on the other end. Euron slowly removes his hood. Balon mentions Euron cutting the tongues of his sailors. Balon is slowly approaching Euron as they speak of the drowned God. Euron then says “I am the drowned God” and makes Euron fall off the bridge. Or throws him off. Can’t quite get the translation to how his happens. Viking style funeral for Balon follows.

Back at Castleblack: Davos and Mel speaking next to a fireplace. Mel mentions seeing a victory in the flames and how she was wrong, and Davos tells her that he’s seen her do extraordinary things. He says that if he believes in miracles it’s because of her. Basically seems like he’s asking for her to bring Jon back. Next scene is Jon’s body laid out (still on the table I think, not sure), his body is partially nude. Mel begins washing Jon’s body, cuts a few pieces of hair (I think throws the hair in a fire, can anyone help with this part?). Mel puts her hands about 5 cm above Jon’s chest and she begins reciting something in Valyrian. She keeps going, but she isn’t very confident. Nothing is happening. Davos, Tormund, Edd, Ghost are all in the room watching. Mel keeps chanting, nothing is happening, so she begins to implore and begging her God. Keeps begging the Red God. Still, nothing happens. Ed and Tormund look around, they all seem defeated, and Ed and Tormund leave. Davos and Mel stay longer. Mel then leaves. Davos stays behind looks closely at the body, then finally leaves defeated. Ghost remains with Jon’s body, laid out near his feet. Scene from above of Jon’s body and Ghost, with nothing happening. Finally Ghost’s head shoots up, his ears perk up. Camera above Jon, his eyes open suddenly and he gasps heavily like 6 times, and black screen.

The lack of Dany sounds like a lot of fun too.

Interesting stuff if it turns out to be true. We shall see. And how about how Ian McShane blatantly dropped a spoiler to BBC News? That was hilarious. Dude dropped it and didn't even care. Dude is such a boss.

I get people are anti-spoiler totally. But I mean people constantly needle and ask these guys in public for spoilers. Honestly, I don't mind. What Ian McShane dropped wasn't a huge spoiler and was something you could ultimately predict at some point due to previous events.

What he said wasn't even a spoiler. He simply said he is bringing someone back. He didn't say who, or what he was bringing them back from. For all we know he could be bringing Arya back to Westeros!

WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK

:hehe:

It's like Finn Jones says, at the end of the day they are just fictional characters :D

Spoiler: McShane brings back Charles Vane.... from Nassau.

Perhaps he brings back Dale from the Black Lodge?

Friend of mine sent me this... Not sure if its legit or not... but certainly seems like it is.

Major spoilers for episode 2. only warning.

OKKOKKKKK this is the last warning.
Game-of-Thrones-funny-gif-images-K.O.-theon-greyjoy.gif
Opening scene: Starts w/ Bran, going into his vision at Winterfell. He sees two boys training under Rodrik, they are Ned and Benjen. Then a young girl on a horse approaches, which is Lyanna. Lyanna asks Benjen who he is going to spar with once Ned leaves for the Eyrie. Benjen looks over to Hodor, who is very large for his age. Lyanna tells him he can’t train w/ Hodor because he isn’t a noble. An older lady, unknown if Hodor’s mother or just another lady, tells Hodor the same thing, that he can’t practice with them. The 3ER tells Bran he can’t stay in the vision for too long or he’ll drown (or choke?), but Bran wants to stay and watch them be happy. 3ER puts his hand on Bran’s shoulder and says they have to go.

Back in 3ER’s cave: Bran, 3ER, Hodor, and a child of the forest. Bran asks Hodor what happened, why he only says Hodor, because he saw him talking in the vision. Hodor responds w/ Hodor.

Outside the cave: Meera looking bored or tired. Meera is told she has to come back in the cave because there’s a war coming. Inside the cave the child of the forest tells Meera she has to help Bran.

Castleblack: The scene from the trailer. Davos and loyal men prepare to fight, outside they begin breaking the door. Some brief negotiations before this. As they’re about to clash, Wun Wun crashes through the gates, takes out a few men. Tormund and some Wildlings are with them. Wun Wun gets hit in the back w/ an arrow but shakes it off. Wun Wun scares Thorne’s men enough that they basically don’t fight more. Ed and Thorne accuse each other of being traitors. Thorne is taken into custody (or some type of custody, i can’t catch the word here, but it sounds like it). Ed and Tormund go in to see Jon’s corpse. First time Tormund is seeing the body obviously.

King’s Landing street: Some random couple guys in the streets. One guy is making fun of the Queen, being vulgar. Guy goes to take a piss, and someone comes behind him, it’s the Mountain. The Mountain smashes his head against the wall.

King’s Landing in the Red Keep: Cersei wants to go see Myrcella’s body. Scene in the trailer where the guards confront Cersei. Tommen has ordered for Cersei to not be allowed to see Myrcella’s body in the sept. The Mountain is with Cersei, looks like there’s going to be a fight, but the guards get upset and turn around and leave.

In the sept: Jaime and Tommen. Jaime regrets not being able to do more for Myrcella. Tommen likewise says he regrets not being able to do more for Marg. Tommen continues to be obsessed w/ Marg. Jaime speaks w/ Tommen tells him he should forgive or be lenient with his mother who has been through a lot. Tommen seems to agree. Tommen leaves (I think), High Sparrow walks in. Scene from the trailer. As Jaime recounts his sins, he notices all the sparrows surrounding him. Part from the early trailer where High Sparrow says they can take down a dynasty.

Next scene: Reunion with Cersei and Tommen. Cersei is cold at first, but they apologize and forgive each other. Ends in a hug between them.

Meereen: Begins in Dany’s quarters, in the pyramid. Tyrion, Varys, Missandei, and Grey Worm. They’re speaking about how throughout Essos, Masters still have power and slaves are still slaves and that Dany has made many enemies. Tyrion says this is true but “we” have dragons. Scene from trailer where Tyrion says dragons don’t like captivity and he drinks and knows things.

Next scene: This will get tinfoil rolling. Tyrion on his way with a torch to the dragons. I believe they shoot out some fire, didn’t quite get the translation. Tyrion continues to approach, and then he cautiously begins to speak (!) to them. Like a normal conversation. He tells them he is a friend of their mother, he begins explaining the trouble Meereen is in. It appears like they understand. Tyrion recounts how Tywin said dragons were extinct but here he is standing with 2 dragons. Tyrion nears one dragon, the dragon sniffs or gets very close to Tyrion. Tyrion reaches out and undoes his chains. Second dragon (hard to say which is which), turns his neck toward Tyrion like ‘hey my turn’. Both dragons are released from their chains, they begin to stretch out. Tyrion makes a run for it, meets back with Varys outside, dragons stay inside. They’re loose, but still locked inside.

Bravos: Waif continues to hit Arya, fight shown in the trailer. At one point Arya shoots her stick out and Jaqen stops it in his hand. He asks Arya a bunch of times, who are you, Arya says no one. Seems like Jaqen might start believing her. He tells her to follow him. That ends that whole scene.

Winterfell: Roose, Ramsay, possibly some guards (couldn’t make out the translation), and Harold Karstark in a room. Ramsay basically tells Roose they have to go to CB because that’s where Sansa will go. Ramsay says they have to storm CB, take Sansa back (or wait for her?) and kill Jon Snow. Roose tells his idiot son that if he kills the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, which is this huge institution, that the North will never ally with them. What they have to do is form alliances. Harold Karstark speaks up, says this is what they have to do because he’ll never align with the Starks because of Robb’s beheading of his father. Harold says he can get the Manderlys (!!!) and Umbers to align with Karstark and Bolton.

Next scene: Maester comes into the room where Roose and Ramsay are and says Walda has given birth to a baby boy. Ramsay’s face is stunned, Roose is happy. Ramsay says congratulations, Roose gets up to sort of embrace Ramsay. Tells Ramsay that he’ll always be his blood (can’t translate this), Ramsay sticks a blade into Roose’s gut or chest as they embrace. Nobody in the room moves a muscle. Maester appears shocked but doesn’t move. Appears scared of Ramsay. Ramsay tells Maester to send Ravens to Northern houses (or all houses?) to tell them Roose has been poisoned by his enemies. Makes the Maester repeat it, and he does so, scared.

Next scene, patio outside in Winterfell: Walda approaches Ramsay with her baby. Ramsay asks to hold the baby, he holds and looks at the baby and gives him back to Walda. They begin speaking about something and she keeps asking where Roose is. Ramsay begins walking towards kennel. Walda follows continuing to ask where Roose is. Ramsay keeps walking and she begs then she finally asks where Lord Bolton is. Ramsay opens the kennel doors, turns to Walda and says “I am Lord Bolton”, dogs are released and attack Walda and baby. They’re killed/eaten by the dogs.

Next scene: Sansa, Brienne, Theon, Pod. Sansa asks about Arya, Brienne explains how she saw her last w /the Hound. This guy really summarized this park. Sansa says they need to go to CB w/ Jon, Theon says he cannot go because he’s betrayed the Starks so much that Jon will kill him. Sansa says she can explain to Jon, and that the boys weren’t Bran and Rickon, but Theon says he cannot go, he has to go home.

Pike: Scene with Balon and Yara. They speak about having to take advantage of the chaos, mention of Yara’s failure to retrieve Theon. Next scene, is a dark super stormy night. Balon walks upon a bridge. He sees a hooded figure on the other end. Euron slowly removes his hood. Balon mentions Euron cutting the tongues of his sailors. Balon is slowly approaching Euron as they speak of the drowned God. Euron then says “I am the drowned God” and makes Euron fall off the bridge. Or throws him off. Can’t quite get the translation to how his happens. Viking style funeral for Balon follows.

Back at Castleblack: Davos and Mel speaking next to a fireplace. Mel mentions seeing a victory in the flames and how she was wrong, and Davos tells her that he’s seen her do extraordinary things. He says that if he believes in miracles it’s because of her. Basically seems like he’s asking for her to bring Jon back. Next scene is Jon’s body laid out (still on the table I think, not sure), his body is partially nude. Mel begins washing Jon’s body, cuts a few pieces of hair (I think throws the hair in a fire, can anyone help with this part?). Mel puts her hands about 5 cm above Jon’s chest and she begins reciting something in Valyrian. She keeps going, but she isn’t very confident. Nothing is happening. Davos, Tormund, Edd, Ghost are all in the room watching. Mel keeps chanting, nothing is happening, so she begins to implore and begging her God. Keeps begging the Red God. Still, nothing happens. Ed and Tormund look around, they all seem defeated, and Ed and Tormund leave. Davos and Mel stay longer. Mel then leaves. Davos stays behind looks closely at the body, then finally leaves defeated. Ghost remains with Jon’s body, laid out near his feet. Scene from above of Jon’s body and Ghost, with nothing happening. Finally Ghost’s head shoots up, his ears perk up. Camera above Jon, his eyes open suddenly and he gasps heavily like 6 times, and black screen.

If this is true it sounds effing amazing.

If this is true it sounds effing amazing.

Agreed... minus [BLACKOUT]roose dying that way this soon... and theon leaving... which means the story between the boltons and theon is over :whatever:[/BLACKOUT]

Agreed... minus [BLACKOUT]roose dying that way this soon... and theon leaving... which means the story between the boltons and theon is over :whatever:[/BLACKOUT]

Yeah, although [BLACKOUT]it would show how twisted Ramsey truly is and at least Theon would actually be doing something by going home rather than being the pathetic thing he has become.[/BLACKOUT]

We will see I guess.

Yeah, although [BLACKOUT]it would show how twisted Ramsey truly is and at least Theon would actually be doing something by going home rather than being the pathetic thing he has become.[/BLACKOUT]

We will see I guess.

[BLACKOUT]I feel he'd do more by sticking with Sansa... and story wise it's way more interesting to see him working against the Boltons then going back to Pyke. [/BLACKOUT]

We will see I guess.

I like this better than the speculation that Euron would cause Yara to go hunting for Reek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"