Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the final scene of the season will definitely be [BLACKOUT]Stoneheart, I think. But the final scene of Dany's story could be what Marvolo said.[/BLACKOUT]

For sure. Speaking of that,

Is anyone wondering how they'll handle the visual look of Lady Stoneheart? In the books, she looks quite radically different from Cat, and I was wondering if they would tone some of that down. They haven't gone full bore with Alfie's Reek look, (they haven't really done it at all) so I was thinking they might pull back on the Stoneheart look as well, if mostly to keep her somewhat recognizable.

I'd be surprised if they use that image as the finale, since emotionally I was figuring it would be all the stuff that happens with Tyrion. Book readers will know what I'm referring to. I didn't want to put in spoiler tags for those who find it hard to resist, and it's such a good event that I don't want to spoil anyone.

Not the final shot of the whole episode. The final shot of Dany's scenes. LS will likely be the last shot of the whole episode.

For sure. Speaking of that,

Is anyone wondering how they'll handle the visual look of Lady Stoneheart? In the books, she looks quite radically different from Cat, and I was wondering if they would tone some of that down. They haven't gone full bore with Alfie's Reek look, (they haven't really done it at all) so I was thinking they might pull back on the Stoneheart look as well, if mostly to keep her somewhat recognizable.

[BLACKOUT]Well, the throat slash will remain, I imagine, but she didn't claw her face when Robb died, so that's out. I imagine they'll just throw some makeup on her to look pallid and pale. And a white wig. That's what I'd expect.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Well, the throat slash will remain, I imagine, but she didn't claw her face when Robb died, so that's out. I imagine they'll just throw some makeup on her to look pallid and pale. And a white wig. That's what I'd expect.[/BLACKOUT]

Perhaps some foggy white/grey eyes.

Wow. Now that's how you do a battle. Not knocking "Blackwater", but this was far more intense. That tracking shot...

Let's hear it for Sam! Quite the badass this episode. "OPEN THE ****ING GATE!"

[BLACKOUT]Ygritte's death broke my heart even more than in the book. That was the closest this show has got to making me cry. Almost. :csad:

But almost as sad were the deaths of Pyp and Grenn. Did they really need to kill BOTH of them? I knew they were probably going to kill off some characters that are still alive in the books, but Pyp's death was especially wrenching. Thank God Dolorous Edd made it. [/BLACKOUT]

Book spoilers:

I was a little disappointed that Stannis never showed up, but it would have been maybe a little too much to squeeze it in there. I should have known when Stephen Dillane's name didn't appear in the credits. But I wonder if they'll even go back to the Wall? They may just end it there and leave Jon and Stannis at the Wall for next season.

So next episode will include Stannis's arrival, Bran meeting Bloodraven, Tyrion confronting Tywin and Shae, and (God help them if they don't) Lady Stoneheart? Next week's finale could very well be one of the best episodes of the series. Maybe even THE best. It's probably a good thing they wrapped up some storylines already (Sansa, Theon most likely). It's going to be packed enough already.

[BLACKOUT]Well, they still might, for all we know. But the shots of the mounted knights riding through the woods in the trailers imply it will be the next episode.[/BLACKOUT]
I haven't seen the episode yet, but...
[BLACKOUT]They have shown Stannis' arrival in the trailer many times. Don't worry, he is coming.[/BLACKOUT]

I hope next week's episode is super sized. They have a lot to get through. :)

I still have over an hour to go before the episode airs here, but I am already prepared to cry like a child. My [BLACKOUT]lovely[/BLACKOUT]. :(

Last edited:
GIFS!

ixn5WIxE4qjK2.gif

ix4Cjuer6MVTr.gif

iB9ALGWL9Sbki.gif

ivRhFBhZyayFR.gif

ibbYMB7rs44IjU.gif

ibyI25NYMDg0bE.gif

ibnZK58848kB4O.gif

By the way, did anyone else think for a second that Sam [BLACKOUT]killed Styr with the crossbow? I just saw him take down this big bald wildling and I turned to my friend and said, "Holy ****, did Sam just kill Styr?" [/BLACKOUT]

Other than the exclusion of Donal Noye and lack of Ghost under the tunnel with John the episode was perfect.

Episode 10 has to get through a **** load it seems.

I wonder if they'll even [blackout] Have Jon be made new LC [/blackout] this season or if they'll just save it for next season.

In the preview for next week's ep, who is [BLACKOUT]Cersei kissing? Is that Jaime?[/BLACKOUT] Why?

I wonder if they'll even [blackout] Have Jon be made new LC [/blackout] this season or if they'll just save it for next season.

[BLACKOUT]That seems destined for next season. We still have to get through the Stannis attack, and then the subsequent fallout. Stannis has to make Jon the legitimacy offer first (if they do that in the show), so I think it's definitely next season.[/BLACKOUT]

I hope Joffrey comes back next week.

I would think that'd be next season. They have too much else to do.

I think that they won't have that til next season, too much to do next episode.

I still think this year. It honestly wouldn't take that long. That along with Bran will be the last two scenes before the final scene, which I have been calling for since before season 3 aired. :D

There's so much to do next episode, that I'm really doubting it'll match the hype. It'll all be crammed together, we already need to see [blackout]Dany chaining her dragons,Bran meeting Bloodraven, Tyrion and Jaime's talk, Gregor and Qyburn, Tywin being a **** to Cersei, Tyrion/Tywin/Shae, Brienne fighting that guy, Arya and Hound separating, Stoneheart killing the Freys and now to top it off we need to see Stannis' arrival.[/blackout]

Gonna be pretty crammed, and probably a lot of cool stuff will be cut.

Wow. Now that's how you do a battle. Not knocking "Blackwater", but this was far more intense. That tracking shot...

Let's hear it for Sam! Quite the badass this episode. "OPEN THE ****ING GATE!"

[BLACKOUT]Ygritte's death broke my heart even more than in the book. That was the closest this show has got to making me cry. Almost. :csad:

But almost as sad were the deaths of Pyp and Grenn. Did they really need to kill BOTH of them? I knew they were probably going to kill off some characters that are still alive in the books, but Pyp's death was especially wrenching. Thank God Dolorous Edd made it. [/BLACKOUT]

Book spoilers:

I was a little disappointed that Stannis never showed up, but it would have been maybe a little too much to squeeze it in there. I should have known when Stephen Dillane's name didn't appear in the credits. But I wonder if they'll even go back to the Wall? They may just end it there and leave Jon and Stannis at the Wall for next season.

So next episode will include Stannis's arrival, Bran meeting Bloodraven, Tyrion confronting Tywin and Shae, and (God help them if they don't) Lady Stoneheart? Next week's finale could very well be one of the best episodes of the series. Maybe even THE best. It's probably a good thing they wrapped up some storylines already (Sansa, Theon most likely). It's going to be packed enough already.

If I remember correctly, someone said were supposed to see all surviving Starks during the finale, at least for a quick recap, so we should see the Wall no matter what next week.

And for all my fellow book readers, this finale is going to blow people's mines, amirite?

Book spoilers and predictions for the thought process of show watchers:
"Whoa, man, Jon's surrounded by Wildlings and they want to kill 'em. C'mon, do we have to lose another Stark kid? Wait what... (STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!) Hey, he made it! And he just beat Julius Caesar or whoever. Wait a minute...a Baratheon and a Stark are together again! This is going to be awesome!

Awe, c'mon Arya, don't leave the Hound behind! He's cool! Oh well. Where's she going? (Vallarta Morghulis)...oh ****, she's going to become a ninja assassin. COOL!

PleasedontkillTyrionPleasedontkillTyrion...Yes! Older brother to the rescue! Hah! Wait, what did he just tell our hero?...wow. That's dark...What's he doing to Shae?...um...Wait, Tywin's popping a squat like a normal human being instead of just willing his body past the need to defeca-HOLY ****! Tywin shouldn't have said that! I don't know how to feel, I mean he's evil, but he was so cool...

Dany? Dany?...oh Drogon, you big lovable/scary as hell mama's boy, what did you do?...oh. That's bad. Well hard to argue with that. Big dogs need a big cage.

Huh, usually we end on her storyline. I wonder what they're going to do...

...what the...

...is that...

...she's back?!?

*BOOM*

Seriously, all you show watchers are going to deal with a lot of smug looks and comments from the book readers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"