Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, someone said were supposed to see all surviving Starks during the finale, at least for a quick recap, so we should see the Wall no matter what next week.

And for all my fellow book readers, this finale is going to blow people's mines, amirite?

Book spoilers and predictions for the thought process of show watchers:
"Whoa, man, Jon's surrounded by Wildlings and they want to kill 'em. C'mon, do we have to lose another Stark kid? Wait what... (STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!) Hey, he made it! And he just beat Julius Caesar or whoever. Wait a minute...a Baratheon and a Stark are together again! This is going to be awesome!

Awe, c'mon Arya, don't leave the Hound behind! He's cool! Oh well. Where's she going? (Vallarta Morghulis)...oh ****, she's going to become a ninja assassin. COOL!

PleasedontkillTyrionPleasedontkillTyrion...Yes! Older brother to the rescue! Hah! Wait, what did he just tell our hero?...wow. That's dark...What's he doing to Shae?...um...Wait, Tywin's popping a squat like a normal human being instead of just willing his body past the need to defeca-HOLY ****! Tywin shouldn't have said that! I don't know how to feel, I mean he's evil, but he was so cool...

Dany? Dany?...oh Drogon, you big lovable/scary as hell mama's boy, what did you do?...oh. That's bad. Well hard to argue with that. Big dogs need a big cage.

Huh, usually we end on her storyline. I wonder what they're going to do...

...what the...

...is that...

...she's back?!?

*BOOM*

Seriously, all you show watchers are going to deal with a lot of smug looks and comments from the book readers...

[BLACKOUT]I just hope they give Stannis his moment in the sun here. He's been kinda crapped on ever since Blackwater. So, hopefully this marks a turnaround. Although, the creators of the show seem to view Stannis as a villain, so that's not optimistic.[/BLACKOUT]

Amazing episode, next weeks will be a lot of progression. It's going to be a fantastic new season with many new faces in different places.

Regarding last weeks episode and this is a big book spoiler so don't open -

Did anyone else catch Petyr mentioning to Robin in his speech about people dying that he dropped in about people dying "squatting over chamber pots"? I thought that was very brave foreshadowing.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, someone said were supposed to see all surviving Starks during the finale, at least for a quick recap, so we should see the Wall no matter what next week.

And for all my fellow book readers, this finale is going to blow people's mines, amirite?

Book spoilers and predictions for the thought process of show watchers:
"Whoa, man, Jon's surrounded by Wildlings and they want to kill 'em. C'mon, do we have to lose another Stark kid? Wait what... (STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!) Hey, he made it! And he just beat Julius Caesar or whoever. Wait a minute...a Baratheon and a Stark are together again! This is going to be awesome!

Awe, c'mon Arya, don't leave the Hound behind! He's cool! Oh well. Where's she going? (Vallarta Morghulis)...oh ****, she's going to become a ninja assassin. COOL!

PleasedontkillTyrionPleasedontkillTyrion...Yes! Older brother to the rescue! Hah! Wait, what did he just tell our hero?...wow. That's dark...What's he doing to Shae?...um...Wait, Tywin's popping a squat like a normal human being instead of just willing his body past the need to defeca-HOLY ****! Tywin shouldn't have said that! I don't know how to feel, I mean he's evil, but he was so cool...

Dany? Dany?...oh Drogon, you big lovable/scary as hell mama's boy, what did you do?...oh. That's bad. Well hard to argue with that. Big dogs need a big cage.

Huh, usually we end on her storyline. I wonder what they're going to do...

...what the...

...is that...

...she's back?!?

*BOOM*

Seriously, all you show watchers are going to deal with a lot of smug looks and comments from the book readers...

What happens with Danny? Does Khal Drogo come back?

Tonight's the night we separate the Alliser Thornes from the Janos Slynts!

By the Wall, I meant Castle Black. Jon will be at Mance's camp, which is probably where his part in season 4 will end. And all the surviving Starks? I really don't see the necessity for squeezing in another Sansa scene. Her last scene in episode 8 seemed pretty final for this season.

Tonight's the night we separate the Alliser Thornes from the Janos Slynts!

Yeah, Thorne went BAMF in this episode. I'd have to watch again, but it almost looked like Slynt was sucking his thumb while curled in the fetal position in that pantry. :lmao:

Great episode. Not gonna lie though, I pulled an Arya (crazy laughter) when [BLACKOUT]it was revealed that the kid killed Ingrid. Hilarious.[/BLACKOUT]

As someone who is unfamiliar with the books, I am very excited for the season finale!

There's so much to do next episode, that I'm really doubting it'll match the hype. It'll all be crammed together, we already need to see [blackout]Dany chaining her dragons,Bran meeting Bloodraven, Tyrion and Jaime's talk, Gregor and Qyburn, Tywin being a **** to Cersei, Tyrion/Tywin/Shae, Brienne fighting that guy, Arya and Hound separating, Stoneheart killing the Freys and now to top it off we need to see Stannis' arrival.[/blackout]

Gonna be pretty crammed, and probably a lot of cool stuff will be cut.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if...

Some of the plot lines are pushed back until the beginning of next season. Particuarly Jon Snow's story. I just can't see him getting elected Lord Commander next week, with everything else going on.

Likewise, I think it's entirely possible that we don't see any Brienne until the very end of the episode, with the Stoneheart reveal. I think they'll skip right to that encounter, rather than having the Brotherhood kill a Frey.

I think the episode itself might open with Gregor Clegane screaming in the bowels of King's Landing, just so TV-only folks know what's going on with him. And that'll be all that needs to be said there.

Awesome episode tonight. Jon got to have his Aragorn moment, Ygritte had a heartbreaking death scene, Janos Slynt somehow managed to become even more of a turd, and it looks like Sam is going to get together with Gilly after all. Can't wait for next week.

Having read the books. When Sam grabbed the crossbow, I thought

[BLACKOUT]he would be the one to kill Ygritte. Therefore creating some melodrama with Jon.[/BLACKOUT]

Regarding next episode:

[BLACKOUT]Jon's election should be this season. We've been having hints of him rising as a leader more times this year than in all of the first three seasons combined. There is no reason for him not to end this season as the Lord Commander.[/BLACKOUT]

But hey, I may be wrong. I was wrong about Coldhans (And i was convinced he would show up) I may be also wrong now. :p

It wouldn't surprise me at all if...

Some of the plot lines are pushed back until the beginning of next season. Particuarly Jon Snow's story. I just can't see him getting elected Lord Commander next week, with everything else going on.

Likewise, I think it's entirely possible that we don't see any Brienne until the very end of the episode, with the Stoneheart reveal. I think they'll skip right to that encounter, rather than having the Brotherhood kill a Frey.

I think the episode itself might open with Gregor Clegane screaming in the bowels of King's Landing, just so TV-only folks know what's going on with him. And that'll be all that needs to be said there.
I can see them ending Jon's story with Stannis!Stannis!STANNIS! And just have that be the climax for his storyline. The thing with Brienne, and it's always possible this scene was cut, but the actress said she "bites off a man's ear." this season, and since that hasn't happened yet I get the bad feeling that they're gonna drag that out instead of just condensing it. Plus there's added scenes of Cersei and Tywin, Cersei and Jaime that are sure to eat up screen time.

I can see them ending Jon's story with Stannis!Stannis!STANNIS! And just have that be the climax for his storyline. The thing with Brienne, and it's always possible this scene was cut, but the actress said she "bites off a man's ear." this season, and since that hasn't happened yet I get the bad feeling that they're gonna drag that out instead of just condensing it. Plus there's added scenes of Cersei and Tywin, Cersei and Jaime that are sure to eat up screen time.

[BLACKOUT]It's possible that Brienne gets caught by the Brotherhood sooner than in the books, like people suggested, and she bites one of the member's ears off in a struggle. Which would lead to Stoneheart revealing herself, and having Brienne go from enraged to shock. Sounds like a good ending to me.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't know, I've been TERRIBLE at predicting how the books would play out on screen, so I expect something completely different. The final scene will end up being Bronn's wedding, and him announcing that he's naming his unborn child [BLACKOUT]Tyrion[/BLACKOUT].

I'd still probably be happy.

After watching the episode, which I loved, and seeing the preview, I think they might just hold off on [BLACKOUT]Jon's election. But I think we will still get the talk with Stannis.[/BLACKOUT]

Also, it is going to be hilarious when[BLACKOUT] his army is chanting Mel's name[/BLACKOUT] next week and not his. :hehe:

That was such an awesome episode!

After watching the episode, which I loved, and seeing the preview, I think they might just hold off on [BLACKOUT]Jon's election. But I think we will still get the talk with Stannis.[/BLACKOUT]

Also, it is going to be hilarious when[BLACKOUT] his army is chanting Mel's name[/BLACKOUT] next week and not his. :hehe:
:cmad: :argh:

...Probably. :csad:

tumblr_n6vvm4vXVO1qfb5cjo1_500.gif

tumblr_n6vvm4vXVO1qfb5cjo2_r1_500.gif

That episode was incredible, I could watch that 360 degree shot for days.

I thought for awhile that [BLACKOUT]Brienne[/BLACKOUT] would be involved with the [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart reveal[/BLACKOUT], but I am not so sure anymore.

It's funny how incompetent D&D are when it comes to [blackout] Stannis [/blackout]

Have you ever watched the Inside the Episode features? It's kinda unprofessional how bad the divide is between how David Benioff sees him (More or less as GRRM described) and how D.B. Weiss sees him. (fanatical madman without redeeming features.) They really undermined each other a lot during the commentary for the Burning scene in Ep2.

It's really quite bizarre.

By the way, I wonder how many of the show fans even remember what Mance looks like.

They made a point multiple times tonight that Jon isn't Commander.

I think it's safe to say that next episode will have him declared Commander and that will be the last we see of him in the finale. Them declaring him Commander the music rising and smash cutting to someone else's scene. Similar to the scene where Rob is being declared King in the North in Season One's finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"