Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

I think it was the same with Breaking Bad. Once the show got rolling and was so popular the actors could get pretty much what they wanted.

Yeah, but I don't believe Bryan Cranston ever got more than 230 K an episode. BB wasn't a hit in ratings until the last 2 seasons. I understand your point though.

Yeah, but I don't believe Bryan Cranston ever got more than 230 K an episode. BB wasn't a hit in ratings until the last 2 seasons. I understand your point though.

Oh right. Didn't know that.

I really think Bronn should have died during that battle scene in the last episode. It just seemed a little bit of a cop out having him so narrowly dodge death like that.

That would almost be a GoT cliche at this point. It was more of a left turn for them to not kill a character.

Bronn's the true hero of Game of Thrones. You can't kill him.

Oh right. Didn't know that.

No worries. I was amazed he even got that much (AMC is reported very stingy.). Even Norman and Andrew on the Walking Dead were getting like 30 K an episode until season 5 when they got 90/100 K and now are making 550 K for the 8th season.

No worries. I was amazed he even got that much (AMC is reported very stingy.). Even Norman and Andrew on the Walking Dead were getting like 30 K an episode until season 5 when they got 90/100 K and now are making 550 K for the 8th season.

Oh right. I was also saying I didn't know that BB wasn't a hit till later. I didn't watch the show till it was pretty much over.

Oh right. I was also saying I didn't know that BB wasn't a hit till later. I didn't watch the show till it was pretty much over.

Same here. I remember hearing about it when it first came out. I watched an episode or 2 and gave up. I next began watching in summer 2012 when it was pretty damn big and had won a few big awards already.

The last episode I believe had 10 million people tune in for. Highest ratings for any show on AMC outside of the Walking Dead which seasons 4-6 averaged like 14 million.

Same here. I remember hearing about it when it first came out. I watched an episode or 2 and gave up. I next began watching in summer 2012 when it was pretty damn big and had won a few big awards already.

The last episode I believe had 10 million people tune in for. Highest ratings for any show on AMC outside of the Walking Dead which seasons 4-6 averaged like 14 million.

Ohhhh...I didn't realise TWD was quite that popular.

Ohhhh...I didn't realise TWD was quite that popular.

It's HUGE. Ratings have def dropped last season, but it's still bigger than many shows on CBS/FOX/ABC/NBC. And the fandom is totally MAD.

game of thrones is at its biggest now it seems but there was a time when Walking Dead was right up there too. To me it seemed like it was huge after BB ended and fans were looking for something else to keep them entertained on Sunday nights.

game of thrones is at its biggest now it seems but there was a time when Walking Dead was right up there too. To me it seemed like it was huge after BB ended and fans were looking for something else to keep them entertained on Sunday nights.

The strangest thing is Game of Thrones' ratings keep climbing. I believe season 1 was 2-3 million while season 2 was 3-4 million. I couldn't have imagined it's be at 10 million by now. Literally everyone I know is either a fan or knows someone who is a fan.

The Walking Dead is HUGE but it peaked around season 5. With like 17 million for that premiere. Its 7th season premiere opened to the same but dropped by 5 million viewers for the 2nd episode of the season and ended the season with 11 million turning in.

It's quite interesting to compare the two especially as they are the biggest shows on Sundays. Sorry :hmr:

yup Walking Dead fell off somewhere between season 5 and 6, and now season 7 is probably one of the worst ones they've had. Im still a fan but it's a shame because season 8 still looks like more of the same. Last month I binged watched all seasons of Game of Thrones so Im one of the people that helped boost the ratings even higher for these last couple of seasons lol. I've got friends who regularly throw watch parties every Sunday for GOT like they would for the Superbowl.

Yeah, TWD was arguably the biggest show on TV until fairly recently.

So TWD was significantly bigger than Game of Thrones at its peak? That's pretty crazy.

So TWD was significantly bigger than Game of Thrones at its peak? That's pretty crazy.

Most people have to pay extra for HBO so that limits the audience.

Another funny watch. She is hilarious...but would probably get on my nerves if I watched a whole episode with her. And check out who shows up to watch it with them. Interesting to watch his reaction when the dragon gets shot. He pretty much reacted like fans do "No no no!". I guess he didn't know about it in advance even though he's on the show.

[YT]tvcrwTcA5iw[/YT]

Is this really shocking? Their fandom is pretty huge. But yeah TWD' s ratings from season 3-6 was like top 5-10 shows on tv.

It's why we have that crappy Talking Dead show right after. That gets like 25-30% of the episode that aired prior's audience.

Is this really shocking? Their fandom is pretty huge. But yeah TWD' s ratings from season 3-6 was like top 5-10 shows on tv.

It's why we have that crappy Talking Dead show right after. That gets like 25-30% of the episode that aired prior's audience.
I don't know that much about TV shows and watch them in a vacuum almost. I keep away from news (to avoid spoilers) and don't discuss any shows aside from GoT as I'm not up to date on any others (apart from ones I've fully completed and that are finished) after spending a good many years seeing almost none. So I haven't been a part of the hype for any except Lost near the end and GoT since season 3 and only know of how big I think they are by how much other people seem to mention them.

Most people have to pay extra for HBO so that limits the audience.

Ahhh. Wonder what viewing figures GoT would be capable of outside of that restriction then.

lol on cable, Game of Thrones would only be 30 minute episodes due to violence, cursing, and those oh so lovable boobies.

and random dong shots.

lol on cable, Game of Thrones would only be 30 minute episodes due to violence, cursing, and those oh so lovable boobies.

and random dong shots.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the record breaking episodes for Game of Thrones tend to be the ones that have little to no nudity/sexual content, along with the violence to be no better or worse than one would see on The Walking Dead, and just rewrite the script so the f word is replaced with something else, I think the show would have done quite well on a non premium network.

Seriously, watch The Walking Dead "No Sanctuary" and you can get a good idea just how violent and twisted it can get.

I watch walking dead, I know how violent it gets. But they have this thing where they use the excuse "zombies aren't real" so they get away with a lot more than they should. I don't think they'd even attempt to put the Red Wedding or Oberyn's death on reg TV.

and I was half joking anyway. But Thrones will never be on regular TV, IMO.

I watch walking dead, I know how violent it gets. But they have this thing where they use the excuse "zombies aren't real" so they get away with a lot more than they should. I don't think they'd even attempt to put the Red Wedding or Oberyn's death on reg TV.

and I was half joking anyway. But Thrones will never be on regular TV, IMO.

I do agree with you about the violence on GOT being more hardcore for the most part, but [BLACKOUT]Glenn's[/BLACKOUT] death was on the same level of violence as Oberyn's, if not worse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"