Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

I do agree with you about the violence on GOT being more hardcore for the most part, but [blackout]Glenn's death[/blackout] was on the same level of violence as Oberyn's, if not worse.

I'm sure the violence on TWD will only get worse if they want to compete. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I do agree with you about the violence on GOT being more hardcore for the most part, but .........
Please, no spoilers for other shows. I purposely avoided the TWD forum. :csad:

AMC seems to give a fair amount of leeway when it comes to violence. Some of the deaths in Breaking Bad were pretty nasty as well.

I do agree with you about the violence on GOT being more hardcore for the most part, but [BLACKOUT]Glenn's[/BLACKOUT] death was on the same level of violence as Oberyn's, if not worse.

And what happened after that? HUGE backlash AND TWD had to tone down the violence the next season.
Please, no spoilers for other shows. I purposely avoided the TWD forum. :csad:

My fault, Iceman. I wasn't thinking.

Damn Iceman... How in the world you avoided that one is literally a freaking miracle.

And what happened after that? HUGE backlash AND TWD had to tone down the violence the next season.

Damn Iceman... How in the world you avoided that one is literally a freaking miracle.

I concur.

I don't know that much about TV shows and watch them in a vacuum almost. I keep away from news (to avoid spoilers) and don't discuss any shows aside from GoT as I'm not up to date on any others (apart from ones I've fully completed and that are finished) after spending a good many years seeing almost none. So I haven't been a part of the hype for any except Lost near the end and GoT since season 3 and only know of how big I think they are by how much other people seem to mention them.

I feel ya. That must be incredibly straining. I'm so susceptible to spoilers. poor self control on my part.

The Walking Dead could be far better. They slashed the budget for season 2 and 3 and only began to rise it around season 5. It's still far smaller than it should be considering it's 1 of the top 10 rated shows on tv.

If it was on HBO, it might be able to compete with GoT on many levels.

On HBO there would be zombies having sex. :p

squeeks breaking out the nawwww-tayyyy

It's true though! HBO is all about the bewbs. :p

I watch walking dead, I know how violent it gets. But they have this thing where they use the excuse "zombies aren't real" so they get away with a lot more than they should. I don't think they'd even attempt to put the Red Wedding or Oberyn's death on reg TV.

and I was half joking anyway. But Thrones will never be on regular TV, IMO.

The No Sanctuary episode had nothing to do with zombie deaths.
They were tricked to come into this camp that claimed sanctuary for all, but really it was a trap, because the people who were in charge of the camp would capture survivors, so they can kill them, butcher them up and BBQ them on an open pit. There is a scene that shows men getting their throats slashed and someone carving meat off of a human leg.

I tune out of all conversations or articles about TV shows that I haven't seen aside from just people talking about how good they are. Also I watched hardly any shows for quite a few years. Funny how I must have missed some big historical moments in TV by doing that with no awareness. No way I'm not keeping up to date on GoT though, this stuff is on another level!

Edit: Also meant to say I only just realised Mads plays Hannibal lol. I am way behind on stuff.

Last edited:
I feel ya. That must be incredibly straining. I'm so susceptible to spoilers. poor self control on my part.

Not really. Plenty of other stuff I was obsessed with. ;)

Remember Hardhome?

gallery-1452713780-birgitte-wwl-1.jpg

Walking Dead on HBO would mean Negan gets to drop all the F bombs he wants...and from what i've seen of the comics he says it a lot! it's almost hard to take serious though.

in the comics, he is the best character because of his cussing. He is one funny son of a *****.

I call mine the Fist of the First Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"